What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Enzymes

CrushnYuba

Hey guys. I was wondering what kind of enzymes you use for breaking down roots. Specifically repurposed enzymes. Pond, septic, etc. Hydrozyme and cannazyme and the like are out of the question for me. I just have to much media and i need to keep my cost way down. By the way, i don't use straight coco.
There was a thread from year's ago called "cheaper enzymes" but it's pretty old. i have heard mixed reviews of allot of the enzymes that were being used. Pond zyme with Barly doesn't even seem like enzyme. It says it's bacteria. I need something that will break down old roots most definitely that is heap enough to be ran through all of vedge.

Anyone have any real experience with pond, septic, or other enzymes?

CrushnYuba

I have seen those threads. I have searched and i believe i have seen all the threads with the word enzyme.
I don't even think pond zyme with Barley is an enzyme. I think it's a bacteria. That it's what most people were using in those old threads and i heard it doesn't even work.
I have seen somewhere that most the cannabis enzyme products are actually enzyme carpet cleaners

CrushnYuba

So you reuse your coco?
The roots are just so crazy in there this run. I'm a little worried that i will get root disease with all the dead roots. I can't throw out 300 cubic feet of media.

HqFarms

I used to reuse coco but I stopped because it only takes one time of flushing not working properly and your plants die immediately after transplanting them into reused coco