What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Bombs....lighting the fuse!!

Cool Moe

Veteran
I'll second hoss on that, sweet room. Won't be long now and The Reflector will be emanating some pre98/diesel/cherry deliciousness. Hoping you find some prize-winners in there!

G

I'll second hoss on that, sweet room. Won't be long now and The Reflector will be emanating some pre98/diesel/cherry deliciousness. Hoping you find some prize-winners in there!

Hello Moe,

Thanks for stopping in, it's gonna be some fun with this grow if things hold steady, pretty crowded too! Just added new pics to the 'new grow...2015' album, of the Pre98psd girls. Don't think I've ever seen 3 plants that looked more alike than these. Like 'carbon copies.' That term shows my age :)

G

Cherry Bomb #3

Cherry Bomb #3

A few pics this morning of my Cherry Bomb #3 girl. Both Cherry Bomb girls seem to be coming along much better than my last plants and I'm especially impressed with #3 as she looks on day 25 of flower and at day 50 since breaking dirt. CB #3 stands about 14in. high and will probably be dusted on a few lower branches, later this week. Already has a great smell from a little stem rub.

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

All my plants in this grow are really responding well to some improvements made to my flower set up in terms of humidity, temps, airflow......ect. Sometimes it's just the fundamentals that make all the difference.

KS

hoss1111

Great photos and even better looking plants man. Your right they are very vivid green. They should really show what they got on this round being in that health:)

Let us know when those pink pistils show up!!:)

RulaTone

Veteran
great pics KS
thanks for detailed report, im enjoying it so much!
plant structure is particular and interesting
by the looks of last pics of #3 i noticed a little leaf curling.. maybe a little too N, or a bit overwatered or perhaps high humidity?

hope the spring and warm climate brings you an even better harvest

G

great pics KS
by the looks of last pics of #3 i noticed a little leaf curling.. maybe a little too N, or a bit overwatered or perhaps high humidity?

Thanks for looking in RulaTone,

I think we can rule out high humidity, I struggle to keep 40%. The other 2 are certainly possible. I'm running 4 strains in this grow and for simplicity sake, I just give all plants pretty much the same nutes and water amounts, and probably over doing for the cherry bombs. I'm pretty careful about watering for the most part, so I'm leaning towards too much nitrogen. I think I may have gone a bit heavy with my compost mix. The other strains seem to not be bothered and look pretty good. Only seems to be showing in the CBs alone. Maybe I'ts a normal look for the Cherry Bombs?

I'm sure not gonna feed any more nitrogen, that's for certain!

A couple of pics.....Cherry Bomb #2. Don't see as much curl on this one.

Last edited:
G

Great photos and even better looking plants man. Your right they are very vivid green. They should really show what they got on this round being in that health:)

Let us know when those pink pistils show up!!:)

Thanks hoss,

Hope to see some color in at least one of these, thinking probably #2, most likely.

KS

G

pics at 32 days from 12/12 flip

pics at 32 days from 12/12 flip

Cherry Bomb girls seem to be budding out a little slow, maybe just impatience on my part, but suspect I'm still a bit low on temps in the root zone. Checked this morning with lights back on and read 57 degrees F. Temps will rise during the day, but not enough to maintain root zone temps during lights out. Will be taking measures today to correct.

Still very impressed though with overall appearance of these 2 girls with CB #2, really coming on and showing more density than expected, more than CB #3. Painted buds on lowest 3 branches of each with Cherry Bomb dust, over the weekend and confirmed withering pistils this morning. I had these 2 seperated and will rinse off before they go back under HPS. Very happy that I have 2 such different phenos of this strain to make seeds from, and look forward to having the variety in future grows.

CB#3 has started to take off and gain some height at 18", while CB#2 is coming in at an even 2ft. CB#3 has fan leaf stems that are huge, measuring 1/4" dia, look like drain pipes. Don't know if it's good or bad things to have, just something I've never seen before.

CB#3 on left in this pic

CB#3 showing huge leaves

CB#3 and #2 close up showing difference of leaf shape

Not a lot of change since last update, but I think with the change i've made to warm up the soil, should see extra growth next week.

thanks, KS

hoss1111

They still look great, can see them starting to branch out a little too. Tip top health, keep doing what your doing buddy.

G

They still look great, can see them starting to branch out a little too. Tip top health, keep doing what your doing buddy.

Thanks hoss,

Prior to becoming a member on this site, I grew for many years without anyone seeing my plants at all. If I made mistakes and had crappy results to show for it, I'd just pop more seeds instead of working out problems. That all changed when I began showing pics in posts on this site. Knowing that your plant pics are being seen by others is great motivation to try harder and watch closer for problems and learn how to remedy.

Keif

G

Them ladies are happy as can be :tiphat: Looking good KS!

Hey unreg190,

Warmer weather and higher humidity has made the difference lately. Just learned recently of the importance of maintaining warm temps in the root zone and the effect it has on the well being of these plants. Brought up the temps in the pots from upper 50s to at least low 70s and the plants quickly showed improved vigour.

Your project with the test cross is looking great. Most of the leaves on your plants, except for a couple, are looking much like Cherry Bombs. None of the few CBs that I've grown to this point have stretched much, so maybe your cross wont either.

Keif

hoss1111

That's very true , your doing a great job and enjoy your journal along with VG. Check both of you threads daily although I only participate in your threads. Not that I have a lot to offer ;)

Peace and look forward to more pics of the girls in the coming weeks:)

Those smells will be getting soon

G

Cherry Bombs at 48 days flower

Cherry Bombs at 48 days flower

A few pics of the girls at about 2/3 the way to finish. I may actually let these go about 80 days to make sure all my beans are mature on both plants. They're both finally starting to fatten up the buds, although the pics don't seem to really show it just yet. I'm hoping they will show some weight in a couple of weeks. Both are carrying quite a bunch of seeds, so that might be limiting the buds just a bit.

The intensity of odor coming off these girls has been a huge surprise. They both reeeeek!!....#2 especially and #3 isn't far behind. The odor you get from just being around them is different from the sugar leaf/stem rub on your fingers. In an enclosed space, the smell is kinda like a wet hound dog, but a stem rub delivers an incredibly sweet fragrance that I'm still trying to think of proper description. Ha!

They both stand a little over 2 ft tall after 1 month veg and 48 day from 12/12. Really not much stretch at all.

picture.php

Cherry Bomb #3.....some leaf tip curl due to excess nitrogen or low temps, probably both.​

picture.php

Top Cola......pic doesn't show it, but starting to see some color in the new pistils​

picture.php

Baby Beans!....as always, I seem to go heavier with the amount of pollen than intending.​

picture.php

CB#2....stinky girl! Much more colorful of the two. This seems to be more like the Cherry Bomb pheno described in old threads. More the classic Sativa.​

Hopefully they will be fat and happy next update :)

KS

hoss1111

Loving the photos keif, still so healthy wow not a single yellowing leaf. I love it !

They should swell up soon, but like you said the seeds are going to steal some weight, but those beans are pretty precious so no real loss;)

G

Thanks Guys,

I'm hoping that before long I'll begin to see some fading start on these green girls. I think these Cherry Bombs need very little nitrogen compared to past strains I've run. I only use Pro-mix cut with home made compost in veg, and then a lite app of FF Big Bloom in flower. I started noticing several days ago they were a darker shade of green than should be, and then the tips curled down. Need to cut back on the compost next time I guess.

Keif

G

great pics KS

Shout out to RulaTone for noticing the leaf tip curl in the early stages and the possible causes. :tiphat: Good Catch!!

RulaTone

Veteran
happy to have been of help.. thanks!!

and im enthusiast about smell description, pretty plants for sure..

whats the father of pollen you used?