What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai x Deep Chunk

Betterhaff

Veteran
Cannacopia also has a Lemon grass thai x DC that may be comparable.

Would love to see some pics of it.
I’ve been running a couple of cuts of the Cannacopia version. One is more lemony than the other but the DC doesn’t dominate like it can. Everybody loves them. Same problem, out of a pack I didn’t get a male and had a couple of duds so no F2’s. I can throw up a picture if it’s OK with VG.

I’ve been running a couple of cuts of the Cannacopia version. One is more lemony than the other but the DC doesn’t dominate like it can. Everybody loves them. Same problem, out of a pack I didn’t get a male and had a couple of duds so no F2’s. I can throw up a picture if it’s OK with VD.

I'm actually curious to see what their lemongrass looks like.

The Revolution

Veteran
Gotta cpl Lemon Larry x Lemon Thai sativa to share. Still got some of these seeds left, gta reproduce them.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Betterhaff

Veteran
Lemon Grass Thai x DC

Lemon Grass Thai x DC

Well I didn’t say quality pics but at least these will give you an idea (phone cam). I grow outdoors guerilla style and visit at night.

This is the lemony one from clone. Good bud coverage and the buds are dense and covered with resin. Wish I could show a macro. Finishes early to mid October. Lemony/hash goodness.

Attachments

• LGT9 9.30.13.jpg
    LGT9 9.30.13.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 57
  • LGT9 B 9.30.13.jpg
    LGT9 B 9.30.13.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 58
  • LGT9 10.4.12.jpg
    LGT9 10.4.12.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 52

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, lemon grass thai x DC looks closer to my cross for sure.. as you would expect.

soopy

Veteran
Very nice VG, those nugs look like a 50/50 mashup between the two...super cool.

Did you ever do an F-gen increase with your Lemon Thai? I scored the same LT f3's from Bodhi that you did years ago, and have been finding some indica leaning phenols that have crazy strong fruit smells, candy-like and very different from the cedar/lemon blossom/grapefruity aromas I found in the F3's...fwiw.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks soopy, yeah theyve come out fairly uniform as F1s, two are perhaps 2 inches shorter than the other 3 and have slightly more indica looking buds. the smells are both hashy and lemony at this stage again with some but not a great amount of variation.

i didnt make any more LT seeds when i ran them because i got 4 out of 4 girls... and then now 5/5 girls in this cross!.

i was going to run the rest of my LT and make more seeds but when i heard bodhi was going to do an F4 i thought i'd leave it to him as he has a proven male i think already and would be able to do a much better job than me.

i may well pop some more of the LTDC seeds though to find a male and make some F2s of this cross still. could be some real gold there.
we'll see what these smoke like first

VG

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update? Chem D pollen viable? These crosses going to be candidates if so?

I'm really interested in feminized Deep Chunk crosses.

ps. I recieved a pack of your Bubba S1s and may be sowing them after my next cycle along with either another pack of your Pre98 or Katsu Cut S1... Also looking at a myriad of other S1s, really enjoy exploring the genetics that compose the elites...

S

sourpuss

Those look really nice! Shorties fit well in my flower room... these gonna be on seedbay?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys, the Chem D reversal didnt end up yielding any viable pollen (i was warned :D )
i will try again with some stronger PPM CS. i know it is possible.

i have some cuts of the LTDC nearly ready to flower and will make the other cross that i wanted to with these, and then go back to the chem D next round.

on the bright side it will give me chance to smoke, evaluate and select the best phenos of the LTDC.
the plants were harvested a few days ago and are drying.

sourpuss i didnt get any males this round, but depending on the smoking quality of the straight LTDC, i may look into more seeds for a male or even do some fems

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if all goes well it may be, kind of, the katsu... but i should learn my lesson and not talk about it until i know its going to work :redface:

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys and girls, ive been smoking on some of the Lemon Thai x DC for a few days now. im really pleased with the results. They all smell of lemon cleaner to a greater or lesser extent (some not until you break up the buds), along with some of the hashy/kushy/spicey tones of the DC and also a definite pinesol twang to some of the phenos.
the high is right up my street, decent bodystone from the DC along with a mellow but quite clear head (the LT is the clearest high ive ever come across) so relaxing but philosophical with those moments of clarity when you can have some great ideas (or at least think so) a good all-rounder i would say and the potency is very impressive. Buds are very sticky like the LT

things are looking much better for the bubba cross i hope to make with this hybrid. if all goes well i should be able to succeed with this one. they could combine rather nicely.

the phenos are still being evaluated but i may also reverse a couple of the LTDC girls and make some S1's - which would come out like F2s of the original F1 cross. i think there may be some real gold in there.

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts