What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Topsy Turvy Fridge Grow/Clone Box

Went & got some PVC pipe and some screws (yes stainless) and laid out my scrog screen at 2" spacing, then strung it with garden twist tie.
You can buy this huge spool of continuous green plastic twist tie material.
I had this left over from last 2 seasons of tying my tomato plants up.

When stringing the longer pipes (front & rear) it bowed the pipe in so I installed a piece of steel rod I had laying around to keep the spread.

Most of the pictures show the screen on the 4th slot down but that is only 10" from the base of the plant in the rock.
The first pic show it up one at the 3rd slot down.
The second pic shows the total height from the base of the plants.
I think this will be perfect.
Any thoughts out there ???

Finally found the right 1/2" hose to use with the pump.
I used the little barbed plastic connectors ant T's.
Put a plug in the end and zip tied it solidly on the right handle..
Loosly zip tied to the left handle.
That's all for tonite.

I cut a 4" hole in the veg cab, bottom right and another in back of the nutrient res.
Then I mounted the louvered covers on the inside.
As luck would have it, there was a piece of heavy copper tubing right in thee way… no biggie !

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
yes, it's time for nutes. personally I like maxi-grow but any hydroponic nutes will work.
sexy build...

yes, it's time for nutes. personally I like maxi-grow but any hydroponic nutes will work.
sexy build...

I just picked up the General Hydroponics 3 part base nutes, FloraGro, FloraMicro and FloraBloom and will be supplementing with Humbolt's Secret-Golden Tree instead of CannaBoost.
It's ON now !

Thanks for the kind words on the build.
My wife asked if I am having fun doing all this prep work.
I told her I actually LOVE it!
I like to build things and this is for a great cause ;-) AND I really enjoy sharing the build for some out there that might be looking to do something similar and can get all or most of what they need to know in one place.
When I was looking to do this, I didn't come across a lot of detailed builds.
If this helps even one person, then it was worth my time & energy doing it !

Here is the nute schedule according to Ben at Humbolt's Secret.
hydroponic-nutrient-chart.jpg

HELP !

HELP !

Guys, the plants look good and the top of the rock wool looks good till you pull it up and look at the sides.
I only noticed this since adding the nutes yesterday .
What is happening here?
Is this just a concentration of the nutes, or is it some kind of mold/mildew?

Thanks for any and all help!

Latest posts

Latest posts