What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Berkeley Requires Marijuana Dispensaries To Provide Free Weed For Low-Income Patients

Gry

Anything done in that spirit is a real positive . Always very much admired the example set by WAMM.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I usually recommended Dispo Managers in San Fran keep some shake or leaf aside for
people who come-a-begging. The better clubs, esp those in dicey nabes always had a jar of
shake to dispense to peeps who could not afford meds. Said patients were universally grateful. My suspicion is that in Berzerkeley the same folks will demand their buds be from the top-shelf. Prob turn out to be a night mare for the dispos in Berkeley. But, the original move was well-intentioned if not fascist. It's topsy-turvy there. Conform or receive extreme attitude from the Birkenstock-Wearers.. Ouch that almost hurts.. haha

Just foolin' around on a nice summer day, enjoying the new Syd Arthur CD.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
good .sounds fair to me...and I have a pair of birkenstocks .altho their beat up and worn..rednecks appreciate quality too

Growcephus

Veteran
That's the stupidest shit I've heard YET to come out of that place.

How much food are grocery stores required to give away to help the "indigent"?

How many articles of clothing are required to be donated?

Typical "mommy state" bullshit from the land of urban retards.

DrPimpNugs

How much food are grocery stores required to give away to help the "indigent"?

Typical "mommy state" bullshit from the land of urban retards.

Well technically most major grocery stores accept EBT/Foodstamps...

I do agree about the norcal nanny state, we were just harassed up in sonoma for having our cat on a leash. I guess up there it's not just dogs that they feel leashes are "inhumane" for because I swear every pup in SF was running loose, asking to get hit by cars. Love that hover parenting and pet ownership.... they protect them so they can destroy everything, shit everywhere, and piss everyone off. just my 02

Growcephus

Veteran
Well technically most major grocery stores accept EBT/Foodstamps...

Which are funded by tax dollars, not the stores....well, minus the tax revenue they generate.

The article said dispensaries are required to GIVE AWAY 2% of their product to the poor, and that's BULLSHIT.

Are dispensaries not already paying taxes? Yes they are.

NO business should be required to give away 2% of their merchandise AND pay taxes. Period.

Grass Lands

Veteran
Which are funded by tax dollars, not the stores....well, minus the tax revenue they generate.

The article said dispensaries are required to GIVE AWAY 2% of their product to the poor, and that's BULLSHIT.

Are dispensaries not already paying taxes? Yes they are.

NO business should be required to give away 2% of their merchandise AND pay taxes. Period.

You got that shit right bro...:woohoo:

Once again they want to take from folks who WORK for a fucking living and give it to those who want to fucking sponge off the system. and by the way it has to be top shelf nuggs they give out...(seen the news report last night)

One more reason to stay on the dark side.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Cannabis is the whipping boy, as it becomes legal, this crap happens/

What a bunch of shit. In General.

I am appauled at the Business Men tools in Florida. Have talked to some, and they are so arrogant - I make fun of them to their face. Watch the failures. Can't wait.

I especially love Illinois and the fees to even apply.. It is amazing. Shouldn't be surprised.

It is like Go To Your Room, if I have to allow You Cannabis. On their way to the Licko Sto. Or local Bar.

Folly upon Folly. I take care of myself, and will choose my trajectory. Avoiding Stuffed-Shi(r)ts.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
This isn't going to make me popular but I'm against this on principle. Whenever you try to mandate/legislate fairness and equity you end up strong-arming the other party to make it happen thus punishing somebody else in your rush to appear charitable, usually with somebody else's money or goods, etc.

Space Toker

Veteran
well this thread started out nice and then the selfish pricks took over! I almost never (maybe twice in 10 years) give neg rep, but was tempted in a couple cases here, but I don't believe in that so I think I will refrain. :D Low income is low income, plenty (most) poor people are not lazy, they are just poor. The attitude and ignorance and arrogance of some sickens me!
It is a shame you have to legislate this kind of thing though, individuals and businesses should want to help others, and well more than 2%, as much as they can afford! All businesses should be mandated or none though, cannabis should not be singled out. But dispensary owners should have done something as good or better than this on their own, setting a "higher standard" if you will for all businesses to follow!

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
There are two collectives that I know of in the Lake County area that routinely give away free medication to very sick/underfunded individuals but nobody makes them do this, they do it out of compassion and kindness. You can't mandate fairness without hurting somebody.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i agree that this should be on a voluntary basis, either that or give them a tax credit. you can not force charity.

having said that i would think that many dispensaries would be running some kind of program to enable them to help people that really need it. i mean aren't many of them run as non profits? so why not use some of the profits to help locals in the community that it will make a huge difference to? personally i'd prefer to see this rather then the crazy tax % they are jacking on. very sad to see the tax level keeping the bud price at pre legality levels still. they are destroying 90% of the point of legalization, by keeping it at such an artificially high price. this just invites the whole illegal side of the trade to keep on trucking.

but yeah a fair tax of 5 % would be plenty and would actually mean the prices could come right down. but yeah high tax and forced charity is just more of this modern day politically correct BS.

if they really want low income peeps to have cheap weed don't fucking tax it at 75% by the time it reaches the consumer. they are just trying to look good in a pc way, while still being greedy as fuck.

Grass Lands

Veteran
Here's the issue...we should have no issue helping folks out...the issue I do have is someone telling us we have to give something away...

if they want it to be given away then why not push the feds to open up their program again so the folks in need can get their "entitlement gov weed" like they used to get their "gov cheese".

S

SooperSmurph

For those of us who already give away a lot of weed, this was too long in coming.