What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Round milky "eggs" under leaves?? what are these things

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
It's two mites and mildew. The small black dots are the chasmothecium of powdery mildew, and you can clearly see the fungus' strands. Therefore, the translucent dots are most likely the fruiting bodies of powdery mildew. I don't know what the magnification is. In the top 1/8th of the picture, the leaf has already been consumed by mildew and looks very different from the rest.

See more here.

In fact, from that same page, this is exactly what you're looking at here at a different magnification, in the first post:
PowderyMildewcleistothecia.jpg
picture.php

Last edited:

mallorian

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag...scopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artmay14/tk-Cannabis.html

old thread but this link helped me to identify what I was seeing under my 250x a little better. the electron microscope they use is insane. I kept thinking those were eggs as well but I dont think eggs would be on every single leaf I looked at. especially with so many eggs I feel like I would see something alive eventually laying all those eggs. I'm going with trichomes

Latest posts

Latest posts