What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dispensaries please stop using the word "Proprietary" about your "organic" process

• Thread starter Eureka Springs Organics
  • Start date

paint4420

Guinea pigs make a tastey treat as well in parts of south america.

Actually what had me laughing was the talk of curing and storage. What cure!? Most of the bud that I pick up from the disp/street has been dryed! Not cured. Most of it signifigantly improves when left alone for a few weeks.

Also besides eso and the great epa debate of 2014. I have to agree with him. As consumers become more conscious of what they are buying (slow) they are asking more questions. If I had a choice I would walk right out if you couldn't tell me the basic process and provide a list of ingredients.

What more pathetic is the strains they put on the shelf. They have no idea what they are, where they come from or how theyre grown, Its pathetic. Its all an unknown grab bag of misinformation and profiteering

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Guinea pigs make a tastey treat as well in parts of south america.

Actually what had me laughing was the talk of curing and storage. What cure!? Most of the bud that I pick up from the disp/street has been dryed! Not cured. Most of it signifigantly improves when left alone for a few weeks.

Also besides eso and the great epa debate of 2014. I have to agree with him. As consumers become more conscious of what they are buying (slow) they are asking more questions. If I had a choice I would walk right out if you couldn't tell me the basic process and provide a list of ingredients.

What more pathetic is the strains they put on the shelf. They have no idea what they are, where they come from or how theyre grown, Its pathetic. Its all an unknown grab bag of misinformation and profiteering

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Betterhaff

Veteran

I was CO in late Jan and stopped by a couple dispensaries, I couldn’t agree with this more. They were selling as fast as they could take in the money and a lot of the people were buying whatever they had. Now these probably were mostly tourists or curiosity seekers but the offerings more than likely were not what they said they were.

Speaking of guinea pigs, you know they’re on the menu when you hear whistles from the kitchen.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you buy in the Netherlands...it's not cured either, but I'll bet they don't use that many chemicals....it's damp...adding to the weight per gram, too.

I bought once from a CO dispensary, just to see how it fared with what I grow/produce. No comparison....I'll stick to my own. However, watching dispensary traffic....lots of out-of-stater's buying.

Good for our tax base!! $2M in tax revenue....hope it's used wisely.

http://www.krdo.com/news/economy-tr...xes/-/477266/24906826/-/125upvaz/-/index.html

And the Pueblo area....are you kidding? They were going to have moratorium end of March....now extended to end of year....it's FREE tax money, Pueblo!!

http://www.krdo.com/news/pueblo-cit...sales/-/417220/24911682/-/emlfv3/-/index.html

paint4420

aridbud it looks like hickenlooper wants to spend all the canna tax on anti cannabis education.

talk about a waist of money!

its like feeding gold to the golden goose, to stop the production of gold......

Peton

It is pure joy to see the evolution of cannabis breeding, as a consequence of legality. As the common gets more knowledge, they will know what to demand.

R

Raw_Dog

Organic simply means nothing has been sprayed directly on the plant. Anything that is considered a "cide" that could possibly get rid or kill something on the plant qualifies the product as none-organic. If you take some pepper juice and mix it with water to help rid the worms growing on your collards, then it is not considered organic. The term organic is by government standards nothing worth being conscious about. Pgr's, synthetic nutes, and bloom enhancers are all considered "organic". The word organic doesn't describe anything that really should be measured a as scale of a holistic diet.

Organic is only a term to charge more money for a product that can't be traced for "cides".

fabvariousk

Veteran
Cannabis is different from most plants in that you can choose bulk over character.
Without a doubt one can grow excellent weed using synthetics properly but that is really just the beginning of what is possible.
Once you get into true living Organics you experience nuanced highs that just cannot exist in synthetically grown weed.
Even "loud" commercial weed is lacking in the terps that come from a plant reacting to the experience of a diverse organic diet.
Another positive aspect of a proper organic diet is that a properly finished plant needs very little curing to be at full flavor and smoke ability.
In the end it is the choice of a grower to chase weight over quality.

RonSmooth

Veteran
Cannabis is different from most plants in that you can choose bulk over character.
Without a doubt one can grow excellent weed using synthetics properly but that is really just the beginning of what is possible.
Once you get into true living Organics you experience nuanced highs that just cannot exist in synthetically grown weed.
Even "loud" commercial weed is lacking in the terps that come from a plant reacting to the experience of a diverse organic diet.
Another positive aspect of a proper organic diet is that a properly finished plant needs very little curing to be at full flavor and smoke ability.
In the end it is the choice of a grower to chase weight over quality.

Says you?

Latest posts

Latest posts