What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dispensaries please stop using the word "Proprietary" about your "organic" process

• Thread starter Eureka Springs Organics
  • Start date
E

Eureka Springs Organics

Dispensaries please stop using the word "Proprietary" about your "organic" process

Dispensary after dispensary that say they are organic like to throw out the word "proprietary" once I begin to ask questions. The bud tenders don't know how things are done in the warehouse, and once you get to speak with a grower, or owner they start to mumble and then throw out the word "proprietary."

If you own a dispensary, and you want to advertise to the public that you are "organic" please have the decency to document for your customers what your process is.

Believe it or not what you are doing is not a big secret. Growing a plant is not rocket science.

In standard agriculture you can get fined upwards of 15k for the use of the word "organic" when you are not certified organic. Keep using the word, and see what happens to your farm.

Organic certifications come with strict documentation of your growing practices. You must detail everything used to grow with along with the amounts applied, and the times applied.

I know people still have the "black market" mentality, but you are now in a regulated, "legal" market. It's time to start acting like it.

I had to rant. :)

Last edited:

anonymousgrow

Is this in Colorado where clubs grow a lot of their own product? The only club I know that grows their own is more than happy to talk shop all day about what they are doing and learning.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
real organic certification is a pain in the ass....... and I bet more than half the so called organic is bullshit and some chems are used..........

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
"Organic" is just used as a buzzword to lure people in and raise prices.

Heusinomics

:woohoo:Fantastic thread ESO! Very, very well said!

Through there mumbles I'm sure they they say...
Whata ya mean BOTANICARE PBP isn't organic?...lol

Seriously tho, this isn't a joking matter. Forget about the "proprietary" tec's they learned from US online and step up to the plate w real accurate information. People will b putting these plants/extracts/foods into there bodies. Refusal to share the procedures or products used reeks of potentially dangerous practices!

Forget about protecting the bottom dollar and consider the people.

watts

ohms
Veteran
I know people still have the "black market" mentality, but you are now in a regulated, "legal" market. It's time to start acting like it.

Coming from the guy who runs from the EPA. Keep ranting.

S

SooperSmurph

The amount of beef to fat to circus meat ratio is a closely guarded secret amongst manufacturers of fast food patties, this is a "legal" market, so if dispensaries are starting to guard their processes, they're emulating the current legal markets for standard commodities.

E

Eureka Springs Organics

The amount of beef to fat to circus meat ratio is a closely guarded secret amongst manufacturers of fast food patties, this is a "legal" market, so if dispensaries are starting to guard their processes, they're emulating the current legal markets for standard commodities.

Not the same at all.ingredient lists are available for food. Not the same with cannabis. Even though it is state law most places don't list the ingredients of their cannabis.

If you are so proud of your product put an ingredient list on there.

I did with everything I personally make. Nothing to hide here.

And no I did not run from the epa. Funny though. :)

S

SooperSmurph

Ingredients lists are fine, expecting someone to tell your their entire program down to dosages is just arrogant, though.

Had a chicken nugget lately?

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Ingredients lists are fine, expecting someone to tell your their entire program down to dosages is just arrogant, though.

Had a chicken nugget lately?

I haven't had a chicken nugget in at least 16 years. No meat of any kind actually.

It's not arrogant at all. The only "organic" farmers I know with secrets grow cannabis.

Was at an organic farming seminar a few weeks ago, and the free flow of information was unstoppable.

They clearly weren't growing cannabis.

Some people care what goes in their bodies. Those people tend to use, ingest organic products. Those people tend to ask what, and how. They would be the same people you see reading labels at the grocery store, and asking farmers questions at the farmers market.

Those same people use cannabis as well. Those same questions apply.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
real organic certification is a pain in the ass....... and I bet more than half the so called organic is bullshit and some chems are used..........

I saw the (almost WARNING) label in a Rx dispensary container....had to show all the things they used to grow the product. I'd NEVER use some of those amendments!!

Guess the EPA watches them too!! Ha!

However, the lingo needs to be across the board & consistent....and what constitutes "organic"...or not. By the way the medibles and edibles THC% varies from batch to batch, month to month (from similar post)....kind of a crap shoot all around!!

Yet another reason GYO!!!!

S

SooperSmurph

Considering the amendments being used on Cannabis have been used in agriculture for quite a while, I really don't see the point in being so hung up on other people's processes, you shop at whole foods or a coop to avoid low quality meats & produce, so if you don't like a dispensary's methods, simply don't shop there, your wallet speaks louder than being confrontational about organics ever will.

Chicken nuggets from most commercial processing plants contain traces of formaldehyde, but most people have no idea, why? Because it's at such a low level the government doesn't require it to be labeled. So, I stopped eating a beloved childhood indulgence, all because the government is looking out for the bottom line, not for the people.

Sustainability speaks for itself, as do traditional methods of production, but walking into your local 7/11 to preach about processed foods will mostly just get you laughed at.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Probably dont want you to know they piss in the pots. Thats what most disp meds taste like.

smiley-pee-face.gif

guineapig

Veteran
The proprietary method involves guinea pig guano. :abduct:

Seriously though, what about a proprietary method of curing and storing? I see a lot of
emphasis on nutritional regimens and supplements, but it seems to me that it would help to
distinguish a dispensary if there were a superior curing and storage facility.

I guess the more information the better, just name your dispensary "Open Source."

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts