What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Seed Banks

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Sorry, but that is exactly how they sell them...I eat sleep and breath this shit every day every way, im just sayin....lol..the Clinic.reserva privada just went to 7 beans

I know bud, I said 7. You also spoke of only being able to purchase 6 seeds and now you're saying 7. I know Reserva only does 7 packs, they were doing 7 packs over a year ago when I got some beans from the clinic. Relentless Seeds at CAM comes in 12 packs. Rare Dankness sells their seeds in 10 packs. Most other seed packs will come in 10 or 12 packs anyways. Nothing will stop you from lumping multiple packs together in one transaction either.

We're splitting hairs at this point I just didn't want people reading the wrong info and making seed purchase plans based on that.

Last edited:
Hey rootseller, I just picked up the ogk medley pack and I was hoping you had more info on which moms were used in this? Also is there anywhere I can get more info on your strains? Id like to know how much they were tested, detailed strain info, and PICS PLEASE! Thanks!

Jhhnn

Veteran
It's good that seeds are becoming available at the retail level in CO. It's an important part of the whole concept of truly legal cannabis, seed to bud to extracts, if you're so inclined.

As a marijuana product, the same rules apply as with the rest of it- weight limits. If seeds were sold by weight, I could legally buy an ounce at a time, carry them on the street. In my home, there's no limit. I could buy an ounce of hash a day, toss it in a closet for a year, and still be Colorado legal if I'm not selling it, allowing people under 21 to have it, or shipping it out of state. The same goes for growing. It's the number of plants that matters, not how much bud each one might produce.

At this point, the Feds won't touch anybody who's Colorado legal, regardless of the statutes. It's basically been that way for the most part all through our MMJ experience. The latest federal guidelines leave truly personal growers in the clear.

Years ago, a friend who was dealing got busted by the Feds. He was also growing. Most of what we got at the time was seeded, and everybody had a bag of seeds. They did add the weight of the seeds to the weight of product, but they sure as Hell didn't declare every seed to be a plant. Even back then, they needed to establish some credibility with a jury.

Before this is over in CO, seeds will not be nearly as expensive as now, because thousands of personal growers will be creating their own, giving them away like candy at Halloween. Only highly reputed lines from brand name providers will fetch much at all, like any other commonly cultivated plant.

Seeds will probably be free at growshops, complimentary to select customers. So long as no money changes hands, anybody in CO can produce & distribute seeds.

How many seeds will one plant produce? How many in an ounce? Dunno, but the answer to both questions is... a lot. Expect the story of Johnny Appleseed to be re-enacted many times over, with a twist.

I expect discreet outdoor growing to emerge all across the State, too. Last year, I noticed a new solid 8' fence not far from where I live, surrounding a rather spacious yard. Not a crack in it, either, like the wall of a building. It actually violates city code at that height, but so do a lot of other things in this neighborhood. Gee, I wonder why anybody would put up a fence like that right after A64 was passed... Maybe my nose will tell me something this Fall. I think they have Rottweilers, too...

kushmeister

I recently scored some really promising seed packs with bearing the name RootSeller. Many of your favorite Devils Harv genetics crossed against a pakistani Chitral Kush. Thus far my crew and I have had virtually 100% germination across the board and I am expecting big things from these based on the buzz i am hearing. I am not certain of this but I believe they may be available through CAM in Denver. My buddy, has already flowered out several of them and based on what I am seeing I wouldn't be surprised if this is next great breeder to come from Colorado area. Ill post pix as soon as I get things sexed and into flower..

Sforza

Veteran
I recently scored some really promising seed packs with bearing the name RootSeller. Many of your favorite Devils Harv genetics crossed against a pakistani Chitral Kush. Thus far my crew and I have had virtually 100% germination across the board and I am expecting big things from these based on the buzz i am hearing. I am not certain of this but I believe they may be available through CAM in Denver. My buddy, has already flowered out several of them and based on what I am seeing I wouldn't be surprised if this is next great breeder to come from Colorado area. Ill post pix as soon as I get things sexed and into flower..

The CAM on 2394 S Broadway in Denver had plenty of RootSeller seeds available this week. I like the way they are packaged. The Pakistani Chitral Kush seeds are small. Only $30 a dozen for Pakistani Chitral Kush. $80 a dozen for hybrids. They will sell the seeds to out of state recreational buyers.

Mini bones

Hey Rootseller... I'm assuming you are involved with the seeds sold at CAM Rec. Are they from CO and can you give some insight to the growing practices?

Jubei

Wow 501 thats high. I got a high count, but I hear they are having meetings on cracking down on legitimate reasons. Also a oz can be given away rec. I'll try to get in on a swap and see how it goes.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
It's good that seeds are becoming available at the retail level in CO. It's an important part of the whole concept of truly legal cannabis, seed to bud to extracts, if you're so inclined.

How many seeds will one plant produce? How many in an ounce? Dunno, but the answer to both questions is... a lot. Expect the story of Johnny Appleseed to be re-enacted many times over, with a twist.

I have gotten a half kilo of seeds from a single plant. Good, well made seeds. That is 25,000-35,000.
28 grams = 1400-2000 seeds depending on seed size.
-SamS

Jhhnn

Veteran
I have gotten a half kilo of seeds from a single plant. Good, well made seeds. That is 25,000-35,000.
28 grams = 1400-2000 seeds depending on seed size.
-SamS

Seems right to me, particularly from large outdoor plants. Indoors, I should expect a few hundred per plant, I think, maybe more, with strong pollination.

I'd love to be able to grow outdoors. It's where cannabis belongs, where true genetic expression can unfold. Someday soon, I hope.

I've become intensely interested in some of the Spanish outdoor varieties like Queen Mother for that reason. Given the similar latitude & climate, it seems that they would do well here. I'd appreciate your opinion on the matter.

Thanks!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Any one know if one can just walk in to any shop and purchase seeds?

No, some shops are still medical only or will only sell seeds medically. Re-read this thread as I posted store locations with their addresses and the seeds they sell. :yes:

satva

Veteran
Satva, Let me know if you find anything.

This is what I found.

Link to New House Seed Company thread on ICMAG, that lists all their seeds. I'm not sure how to purchase.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238730

Centennial Seeds is nearby, they occasionally work sativa strains of interest, Rio Negro Colombian currently available.
http://www.centennialseeds.com/seed-varieties/

T.H. Seeds has a grow operation in Colorado, seeds are probably available.

Reserva Privada Colorado,
http://www.reservaprivadacolorado.com/cannabis-genetics

Rare Dankness available thru two MMJ shops, not retail.
http://raredankness.com/Seeds.htm

Pretty sure New House is closed/down, as that was when Philip Hague was with The Golden Goat on Colfax (where I got my Red Headed Stranger beans 2+ years ago), and now is at Gaia. There is also The Chosen Few Seed Co. (Boulder), Down With Dirt (Cup Winner this year with Essential Extracts), 303 Seeds (www.303seeds.com), The Clinic has The Bank seeds, and Durango has La Plata Labs... and just saw in the Westword that La Conte's has Cannarado seeds for sale.

S

SooperSmurph

You can also find BOG seeds at certain retailers now, try Grofax on Colfax in Denver.

Yeah, I found it odd being an old D-go head, that the first I'm hearing about La Plata Labs is ads in HT and them being in the HT seed bank hall of fame.

Buck? Paco? If you had a hand in the Red Headed Stranger, thank you. Making F2s of that was my first time throwing pollen (on purpose). I recently made some Red Headed Stranger F2 x Sensi Seeds Mexican hybrids if you're interested. All the F2's have been beautiful and major foxtailers. I've given a ton away, but made sure to give New House Seeds credit for the work, are they defunct now?

Latest posts

Latest posts