What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Seed Banks

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
weight limits? There are 6 plant limits so everyone grows the biggest weed trees they can find. If the weight doesn't leave the premises you are ok the way I understand. I have been giving away a few Z's so I hope I am ok. I think the law says you may give weed away but I am pretty sure LEO would frown on me giving away lbs. of it.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
sativa seeds? I am still looking. I have heard the Clinic chain of dispensaries (one just went recreational) also sells seeds but I haven't been down there yet. There is an interesting seed there (Cindy hybrid) that I want to try.

Jhhnn

Veteran
If it's free, not sold, then it can't be taxed, I suppose.

Are there any limits in CO on what can be traded or given freely, without any money changing hands?

I'm surprised there aren't any seed banks in CO yet, even if limited to local product.

In Colorado, pot can be gifted an ounce at a time to anybody 21 & older. The on street possession limit is also 1 ounce, except for med patients who can have 2 ounces. The at home possession limit doesn't exist- it's any amount you plausibly could have grown or been gifted.

I don't think Colorado law yet allows anybody other than med dispensaries to create & sell seeds. Obviously, we can create & gift our own seeds.

It's something we need to work on. If growing is to be legal, and it is, then seeds need to be available at the retail level in Colorado. All aspects of cultivation need to be legal if we're to follow the model of regulating it like alcohol. Seeds are not psychoactive, nor are they food, so there's no reason that anybody at all shouldn't be able to produce or sell them- at the garden center, the grow shop, farmers' markets, wherever.

Seeds are where the magic begins, where it endures and is kept safe until we let it out. That's also how the magic has spread, all over the world, even in ancient times. The seed has proven to be mightier than the sword.

Jhhnn

Veteran
weight limits? There are 6 plant limits so everyone grows the biggest weed trees they can find. If the weight doesn't leave the premises you are ok the way I understand. I have been giving away a few Z's so I hope I am ok. I think the law says you may give weed away but I am pretty sure LEO would frown on me giving away lbs. of it.

If you stay under the 10z gift limit, it's really quite legal to give it away.

Page 4, item (3), A,B & C-

Amendment 64 - Use & Regulation of Marijuana.pdf (application/pdf Object)

We have a unique opportunity to stay legal, grow & get high. It's really quite weird for toking to have become respectable. With that, I, for one, intend to offer some respect in return, stick to the plant limits & provisions of A64 entirely. It's not ideal, but it's livable and a lot better than anyplace else.

The authorities get to believe they're in control, and we basically get to do what we want hassle free. Sticking to the plant counts is just self preservation. Anybody whose grow style doesn't provide sufficient bounty for their purposes needs to study Gettogro's methods. 6 plants. 15 lbs every 4.5 months. I can't even imagine trying to smoke up all of that.

Skip

Veteran
Seeds are not psychoactive, nor are they food,
Yes, they are food (ask any bird + thousands of uses), but rather expensive to eat if you buy certain strains... ;)

I once had the pleasure of attending a meal hosted by High Times at the Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam where we were served a meal full of cannabis seed.

There were quite a few tasty items on that menu! Some dude from California put on the meal which featured many of his hemp products.

The other memorable thing from that meal was sitting at the same table with Ed Rosenthal and Jorge Cervantes (both of whom I was later to befriend and work with).

satva

Veteran
Are there any limits in CO on what can be traded or given freely, without any money changing hands?

Colorado law allows marijuana to be given to others. The limiting factors, as I understand them, are limiting the amount of "unregistered" marijuana that can be transported in your motor vehicle and smoking in public view.

A fair or farmers market where seeds and ounces are traded could be within the law. The Denver County Fair will have a marijuana exhibit this fall. How Denver displays marijuana in a public forum will set a precedent for future fairs and trading markets.

PS> Doesn't the new farm bill allow growing commercial fields of hemp in Colorado and a few other states? I know some Colorado farmers are growing commercial hemp. Lots of hemp products for sale in Colorado store shelves, are made with Chinese grown hemp and food products made with hemp seeds.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure, but I believe cannabis entries will be along side other Colorado grown entries at the State Fair in Pueblo. There was talk of it- not up to snuff on decision. Bet that will increase attendance of the State Fair!!!:)

A friend works at a dispensary and is always moving product. He just tells the Dr. he needs a bigger limit for his work. I don't know how many oz he is up to now but it is a lot. If you tell the Dr. you do edibles, it takes a lot more weed so you get a bigger limit. I have heard that if you pay some Doctors more they will write a bigger limit. Just saying.
Most doctors will have you pay more and they'll give you and edibles license. One person got a 501 plant count card from a doc, but it may not hold up in court since it's an affirmative defense whereas with the 6 plants 2 oz they can't do shit no matter what.

iBogart

Veteran
I was on reserva privada's website and it said the disensaries that carry their seeds only sell to med card holders. Has that changed now that 64 is in full swing?

I looking to make a trip exclusively for some seeds.

RootSeller

'Rootseller Seeds' can be purchased on the recreational side of 'CAM' (Colorado Alternative Medicine) located at 2394 S Broadway, Denver, CO 80210.

Currently available seeds are hybrids of our 'Ghost Kush Bx1' male, they are 'regular' (non-feminised).

Soon to hit the shelves are 12 packs of 'regular' seeds made using our 'Pakistani Chitral Kush' male. In our test runs nearly every female has turned from mild to extremely purple!

Females used in these crosses include (but are not limited to); Ghost Kush, 1992 Florida OGK, Super Dawg, Blue Dream, Afgooey, Bio Diesel, Herojuana, Tangerine Haze, Dick's OGK, Black Domina, "Flo", Airborne's G13, Golden Goat, SFV Kush, Girl Scout Cookies (forum cut), and many more. Prices range from $30 to $90 per 12 pack.

*Near April 20th 2014 there will be MANY feminised Girl Scout Cookies crosses available!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
'Rootseller Seeds' can be purchased on the recreational side of 'CAM' (Colorado Alternative Medicine) located at 2394 S Broadway, Denver, CO 80210.

Currently available seeds are hybrids of our 'Ghost Kush Bx1' male, they are 'regular' (non-feminised).

Soon to hit the shelves are 12 packs of 'regular' seeds made using our 'Pakistani Chitral Kush' male. In our test runs nearly every female has turned from mild to extremely purple!

Females used in these crosses include (but are not limited to); Ghost Kush, 1992 Florida OGK, Super Dawg, Blue Dream, Afgooey, Bio Diesel, Herojuana, Tangerine Haze, Dick's OGK, Black Domina, "Flo", Airborne's G13, Golden Goat, SFV Kush, Girl Scout Cookies (forum cut), and many more. Prices range from $30 to $90 per 12 pack.

*Near April 20th 2014 there will be MANY feminised Girl Scout Cookies crosses available!

CAM is awesome! I made sure to go there on the last day before my red card ran out! Do you have any idea on availability right now? I would have to make a drive and I wouldn't want it to be for nothin'. Thanks! :yes:

*Edit, need a guinea pig for some tester runs?

Last edited:

Heusinomics

Thanks Roots, Iv seen your beans listed and was having trouble finding info elseware online.
Those sound like some excellent works, at a reasonable price.

To "whodatis", jst call CAM...

Heusinomics

They are listed on the "medical" menu @ $50 on weedmaps.

Been meaning on droping in to get details bt hav not made it down yet. So I'm not sure if they hav dif prices for dif strains.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Im friends with Ben from Centennial Seed Co.
He is a great guy...but had hermi issues really bad with his strains.
The Blueberry indica he carried was a mess. He X'ed it to a SweetTooth and made the "21". Although 1 in 4 hermies really bad....the male is a great breeder. I havent had hermi issues using the male 21 to pollinate stuff with.
Its been a few years now, and Im sure he has things worked out. The Dakini Kush looks nice.

Latest posts

Latest posts