What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get rid of “The Slime” aka “Brown Slime Algae” aka “Cyanobacteria”!

PARISS

copper oxychloride ..........best in summer

copper oxychloride ..........best in summer

Searles Copper oxychloride..........can keep same water for months if you like ....

Quien

IMG_2826_edited.jpg
IMG_2832_edited.jpg

IMG_2837_edited.jpg

The second picture is the contaminated cuttings in 30% bleach solution after ~30 minutes. No effect. Third picture is them in hydrogen peroxide for hours. Little effect.

You weren't joking about this slime building up a resistance to the bleach. It's crazy.

Quien

Keeping everything clean from the beginning to the end is a must.
I've had the DWC for a couple of years now, and have cleaned it the same after every use: I throw a whole lotta bleach in there with water, then I let it run for 24 hours. Rinse it real well, and then let it dry for 24 hours. Then I use it.

3 uses ago, I was trying subcool's fridge storage tek, and noticed the slime then. I thought I had done the tek wrong (I probably still did), but looking back, I believe this was the culprit. 2 uses ago, I got slime on very few of the cuttings, but thought nothing of it. I noticed it now on more cuttings than before, so I knew something was up.

IMG_2833_edited.jpg

I'm thinking of just switching to rockwool, thanks to the guidance of a friend.

methias

yellow.jpg

Not trying to hijack this thread, but is this what we're talking about?
A week into flower she just quit drinking and started to wilt.
Had bubblers and pumped to an aquarium chiller then back over the clay beads.
Run before was perfect, now this,,,,

Thank you all

Latest posts

Latest posts