What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fat Bubba, Bubba Bx1 and Bubba Kush IBL

V

vonforne

Progress report

Progress report

Here is the first and fastest growing female of 5. I had to tie her down to curb the stretch. She is the only one that branches well and she filled out fast. I seen things in her that I like from the first weeks in veg. If the smoke and yield prove to be as stellar I have big plans for her. Here are a couple shots in week 2 from first flowers were shown.

picture.php

picture.php

and here is one of her sisters. Classic column growth with little side branching.

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for those of you that hadnt heard what happened to von.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=273421

so we wont see any more pics of his plants which is a shame because they were killer.
if anyone has any of the pics copied or cached anywhere then please let me know.

to update you on the situation at my end, i hopefully have some F2s of the fat bubba cooking, i used two males in the end. i also have some pollen stashed for the bx and will use dust from both the males for that too. one was short and very bubba looking, and the other had some sidebranching and was a bit taller.

i will hopefully donate a few packs of F2s for vons fighting fund if the account gets set up

the bx should be ready early next year.

ive been smoking the fat bubba from my last grow quite a bit. tasty smoke, a bit more functional than the bubba but with that same great cerebral feeling. perhaps a bit more euphoric than the bubba too.

i'll get some pics up of my fat bubbas at some point.

VG

mtntrogger

Veteran
Hey verdant I would really love to run some of these awesome genetics. Been searching for bubba for quite a while now. Dont want a clone version though. I dont trust too many people have a real and genuine cut, would rather find my own. looking for that coffee ,earthy girl that is a great day ender. do you have any beans out there for purchase anywhere ? didnt see any on any seed vendor site or on the bay ?? even a 5 pack would be sweet !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey there, i have some pre-98 bubba kush S1s up on the bay atm. these are feminized as they are the bubba cut selfed. these are perfect if you want to buy a pack or two and find your own bubba cut, they come pretty true
http://www.seedbay.com/index.php?a=6&b=121851

the fat bubba seeds will be regular m/f and out in the new year.

VG

mtntrogger

Veteran
wow ! thanks for the quick reply verdant. i will be picking up some s1 s now , and will definitely grab a pack of the fat bubba when it drops . thanks for the link too. super helpful ! great work man. your efforts are greatly appreciated. I have been growing for 20 years but am new to breeding. Just popped my cherry with my first 2 crosses ; DJS FLO x DJS F13 AND DJS FLO x RARE DANKNESS OX .
thanks again

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no worries mtn,

here is a pic of one of the FB's i have going atm. this one really does smell almost exactly like bubba. quite a few F2s in this further doen the plant too
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey all, this latest round of FB's have been choppped now. nice range of plants, some of which smelled very much like bubba, others more meaty/kushy and at least one had a distinctive bubblegum smell.
i'll get an idea whether or not i have a decent batch of F2 seeds in a few weeks.

i have the pollen for the bx to the bubba cut all ready in the freezer.

here's one of them

picture.php

picture.php

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Looking great man. You are gonna have lots of fun smoking and testing those new crosses :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
really pleased with this cross as well, smoking the second run and FB and it smokes similar to the bubba but with more fuelly overtones. The high also has that same cerebral quality as the bubba high but perhaps just a little less couchy and more functional.

VG

F

Folate

Hey VG, noticed that seedBay sent my pack of Fat Bubba purchased earlier this month.Very excited to throw a few down and see what I can do! Hope you get a kick out of your creation making its way to Alaska:biggrin:
Folate

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good start Gil, im hoping there will be a really nice range of phenos in these F2s. Should be some in there that are very close to the bubba if thats what peeps are looking for.

VG

Coba

Veteran
yeah man... these are going to be good. V you've spent a lot of time with Bubba...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks coba... yeah this cross has come out really nice so i thought some F2s would be worthwhile.
shame Vons pics of the F1s got lost, he vegged his up quite big and the flowering plants looked forsty and awesome.
sad story but Von said that the Fat Bubba plants were the only ones that the police took away when he got busted, they thought it was some new heavy sh1t !

VG

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
You can really see the difference compared to the non-bubbas. I hope it's a girl. I've never really grown anything this indica looking before. I started 5 seeds, got 2 above ground, and lost one of those:(
I still have 5 more seeds to try though. I'm trying not to go overboard on starting seeds, and then not have enough room for them all.

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I was hoping nobody would call me out on it! This is kind of a ghetto "holding station". They're just sitting in water with some air Stones. They were only supposed to be there for a couple of days, but as always, life slows me down. In some ways it makes me a great tester. If the plants can make it through the stress I put on them, then they'll thrive in ideal conditions!
-gil