What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Essential Oils instead of Liquid Ladybug/SNS-217 during flowering to kill mites: test

vapor

Veteran
any ideas of a target ml per gal of total oil base? I was as high as 31ml/gal of total oils. Decided to start low and see what happens....

Mikenite69

Veteran
I use per quart 1ml cinnamon, 1ml dr bronners lavender soap, and 1ml peppermint. It seemed to work well with very little burn when I used it this way and I sprayed with lights on but led in veg.

I think if you look in the broad mite thread there are some good oil mixtures used by members.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love litres. The math is so much easier :p

Varies with the oil, anywhere from 0.01-1.0% (0.3-37ml/g). Rosemary and some (high UR) mineral oils are fine at 1%, even slightly higher. Overall health, plant hydration, time of spray, surfactant, and number of previous applications are going to complicate any thumb rulers.

It's going to be hard to accurately gauge ideal concentration/efficacy using so many oils at once. If one proves phytotoxic, there is no way to determine which. If you have enough plant surface area, I would use each individually, start small, and work upwards. I'm assuming you're not actively dealing with an infestation?

vapor

Veteran
So tested leaves earlier today with half of what is above{2ml/gal}, no ill signs this evening so i sprayed a small plant at 4ml base{doubled after leaf test} smells great!! we will see if any ill effect come the morrow....I always spray lights off and let dry off a few hours then lights on......

Mikenite69

Veteran
Well like I said with this mix I had barely any effect. The only plants that got burnt was young plants and it was small nothing major.

Right now I think I am bug free. I am still spraying preventative because before I moved I had broad mites from a clone I took in. Now I decided to toss all my plants and move and I made sure there was a 2 month timeframe before I moved with no plant material in my house. You have no idea how bad the Borg is until you have dealt with them. I don't think I'll ever not spray preventatively I don't ever want those fuckers again.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
CC, who used to be on this forum a lot, gave me the recipe for using Lavender water as a spray. It is the same mix as used above. Just don't get it too strong as it turns the girls brown and crispy. It works very well since it kills the eggs as well as the adult mites. I have not had Borg for a very long time and I now spray with Lavender as a preventive. I just got some clones to start another run so we will see.

vapor

Veteran
Here is the small plant{greyskull, i picked her cause she is sensitive to pm so if it is around she will get it!} i sprayed yesterday at 4ml/gal total oils{posted above}. No ill effects at all.....smells really good in my room still just from the small sprayed plant being in the room i sprayed it outside of room....

ps that clone was from a flowering plant so the bottoms still have single leaves, the tops have come back normal...

Attachments

• eoil.jpg
    eoil.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 9
  • eoil3.jpg
    eoil3.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Latest posts