What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hempy Grow Log -- Flower 1200W Veg 400W clones+moms 220W --

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I saw that thread last night and I was going to mention it to you BV. It's too bad the guy didn't bother to see what the difference in yield was, I think that would have been just as important lol. Everything looks good so far,I'm jealous. Take care

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I use the perlite/vermiculite mix and have been real happy with it. I picked up a huge bag of perlite at a farm supply store for $17 (normal price) and have been able to reuse it over and over. It flushes out easy and was real cheap. I've run 100% perlite v/ 70-30 with vermiculite and have found no difference in growth rate. I agree totally with what prowler said about increasing container size if the plant is going to veg longer then 2 months. Wait for them to dry out well enough and then transplant into the larger container. We vegged out a few in 15gal containers for 6 months, and though they produced a bunch of meds, the amount of time and nutrients did not make too much sense.

NinjaCS

i'll chime in if you dont mind about mini hempy's for cloning.

ive so far had 100% success using hempy's out of a 16oz solo cup and cloning powder and coco.

just pre soak a coco/perlite mix. fill bottom of cup with perlite, take cutting, put it in. water the stem everyday. voila. fully rooted in about 10 days. mileage may vary.

could use a dome if you wish, if they seem to be drying out, i dont normally. just mist them a couple times a day.

highonmt

Veteran
Wow so many usefull hempy's directions in just 1 line !
Thanks

I am thinking Lucas formula cause i cannot find Floranova in 5 Liters
and i think is a bit more expensive (this is not really a problem)

Do you use R/O water or Tap water ?
any cal mag supplements ?
Do you use floranova bloom only or floranova grow too ?
Wich is you floranova - floralisious+ ratio ?
Wich is your watering schedule ? ( exept for the first waterings
until roots reach the res ) i mean do you make it as Hempy suggest
full strength every watering every second day or you try longer
intervals or flush waterings .

I have a dwc and Rdwc backround and i am afraid to leave my roots
alone in standing water (i will make it finaly but let me tell my fears)
cause of this i am thinking once a week before my nutes watering ,
make a pure phed water good flush just to make sure that all the water inside my buckets res is new.

Check my air movement flow and sizes it is calculated but i would like some opinions.

Any photos of healthy Hempy plants will take away my fears

Thanks !!!

I use RO

No Calmag added although some strains need it with FNB

Just used the Bloom half

Full strength, 10-20% runoff every 2 days no flush till last 10 days

I prepare a 5 gal bucket of EC 1.0 FNB solution. Add 3ml of floralisious+ check ph; with my ro it comes in at 5.2-5.3 I water with a cup untill I see runoff start then add one more cup. Check runnoff ph and ec. In bloom after day 14 I add 50 ppm (.5 conversion) of Kool Bloom PK booster once per week. On day 35 of bloom I add 100ppm kool bloom then continue with 50ppm one week later. Flush 10 days with flora kleen...24hrs dark...then chop em up I only have harvest day bud pics of
this grow
100_4111.jpg

And a few post curing and drying...
100_4120.jpg

100_4121.jpg

highonmt

Veteran
Happy to have you here and i am more happy that you have a nice grow with those Hempy's.
I am going 100% perlite and i need here every Hempy grower to encourage me cause i am coming from RDWC where everything is under my control and now i am steping to Hempy's wich fly almost in autopilot.
Are you making regular flushes ?
Wich is your watering schedule ?

Anyone with healthy Hempy pics post some here just to encourage me

I'd add vermiculite to hold water above the internal rez or you'll have to water every day. I've run both and vermiculite is definitly a good thing for ease of watering and plant health. Vermiculite is also a good walmart item as a small bag goes a long way. Pure perlite works but dries too fast IMO,
HM

kcbudz31

100% perlite is working for me, but I have to be REALLY ATTENTIVE to the watering. Also it seems it's twitchier about nute ratios/water quality with straight perlite. That might just be my imagination, though.

highonmt

Veteran
100% perlite is working for me, but I have to be REALLY ATTENTIVE to the watering. Also it seems it's twitchier about nute ratios/water quality with straight perlite. That might just be my imagination, though.

Its not your imagination. As your perlite dries it leaves concentrated nutrients behind, this resulted in some tip burn and nutrient lock out for me. If you keep the media saturated by daily watering or automated drip you can avoid this situation. I ran a recirulating hempy drip system a while back and did pretty well but perlite/vermiculite hempy gave better results watering every two days and no flushing untill the end.
HM

420piff

I bought some perlite from Home depot. The Miracle grow stuff. I ran it through a strainer, a regular household one to get the dust seperated from the chunks. almost filled a 3.5 gal bucket with dust/small pellets from 3 bags of the stuff. Got a 17gal tub full of perlite well like a quarter full. Guess I wana ask is there a good online store yall can recommend ordering perlite from? Dont mean to jack ur thread BV. Been interested in hempy ever since I started doing my HW :)

Bonavendura

@ Warped1
It is hard to compare yield in peper trees maybe but i will go with perlite/vermiculite mix ,
i buy 100 Liters for 40 bucks

@Tequila sunrise
Basements are good yes , but they have cons , when they are all concrete , it is hard to find fresh air
you cannot drill a hole somewhere.

@dubwise
I will go with the perlite vermiculite mix i am thinking veg for 5-6 weeks maybe in 1,5 gallon containers
and then flower in 2,5 - 3 gallon containers i am searching for rectangular and tall ones.
It is nice to grow some trees even if the nutes cost a bit.It is nice to look at them.

@Stony

Thanks stony2 lets see how they will run.

@highonmt
You are making nice buds there and i am happy when i see that Hempys
make such a good bud.
A big THANKS for all the usefull info , you are precise and you are giving me exactly what i need.
Thanks for sharing in few lines what you learn in time .
I love this community cause all of you guys helping me out so much.

Well updates.

17 from the 18 seeds germinate in 36 hours
1 Skunk seed still trying for over 72 hours

I have 17 tiny seedlings in 100% perlite hempy party cups
and i dont know what to do with them ,
give them a bit of fertilizer ?
give them tap ?
give them R/O ?
I usually put them in small rockwools inside a DIY bubbler for clones
and seedlings when i was doing RDWC with 100(.7)ppm 1-1-1 solution.

For the moment i give them some tap water and waiting some movement.
I also move the 7 sad clones in 100% perlite hempy party cups and feed
them once with 100(.7)ppm 1-1-1 solution.

Clones and seedlings are inside one 80*80 grow tent cause in the grow
rooms i make some "construction" works.

We disinfect both rooms with bleach solution after that we disinfect with
some antibacterial and after that i paint the concrete walls and ceiling in white
and the floor with grey.The wall is going to covered with white foil but i paint anyway.
Electricity tasks not complete so far but i think tommorow or the day after i will be ok
i am going to use one 20 Amp breaker for the 1200W and one 16 Amp breaker for everything
else.

Thats it for today tomoroow i will post some pics from my party cups
and construction work

Warped1

Veteran
The guy just didn't mention any differences in plant height,or more leaves on one compared to the other. I'm guessing they were pretty close to the same size.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
@420- find a agri-supply type of store and you can get large amounts of perlite on the cheap.
@bv-IMO-Don't feed them anything right now....water only. Wait until they tell you they're hungry (they will) and then feed 'em.

Bonavendura

Hello everyone , any help how to feed my young seedlings on those 100% perlite party cup hempy's i feed with tap so far , can i add 100-150 ppm 1-1-1 ratio to feed them ?

Soon i will give you pics from them

Bonavendura

My main question remnains for answer , how do you feed seedlings in Hempy party cups , just water or give them 100(.7)ppm of GH nutes ?

Some pictures from clones and sheedlings development inside one
80*80 grow tent cause evryone is out of the growrooms cause of
construction works

Just sprout

picture.php

My small army of seedlings , i am going to find some keepers here i have enough genetics

picture.php

picture.php

Party cup hempy clones
picture.php

Sneak pic outside the closet
picture.php

Warped1

Veteran
BV according to Hempy,he gives full strength nutes from the very beginning. I went back and read a little in the Hempy thread, and it was there in the 2nd post. Things are looking pretty good there for you. Take care

Bonavendura

i am on page 40 of the Official Hempy thread and i forgot the most inportant thinks on page one :(
Tomorrow i will feed them lightly i cannot feed them full strenght even with the seedling schedule.
I find it too strong maybe in 3-4 days i will strenght the solution.

Thanks for reminding me !!!

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
BV-I had issues on a few strains when I fed 100% strength. I had to bring it in at quarter strength and then increase up to full strength.

Warped1

Veteran
BV-I had issues on a few strains when I fed 100% strength. I had to bring it in at quarter strength and then increase up to full strength.
Yeah dub I was thinking that myself, all strains won't be able to habdle full strength nutes....thanks

Bonavendura

I will feed slightly , but i can confess that the startup growth rates in those party cup hempy's is too slow.
From my experience start up growth of soil is better than hydro (until roots touch the water after that they explode)
i think that those hempy's will be slower from hydro ,
i am waiting to spot some roots touching the res and watch them from there
this is why i leave my cups clear