What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your GUITAR !

t.rex.

The years on my acoustics are slipping my mind at this instant, but they are:
Gibson Blue Ridge
B-25 parlor size(my favorite. such deep, rich tone)

rastaidd

Member yeahyeah!
Veteran
ehi t rex, the gretsch and the jaguar are GREAT!!! :yes:
and the vox is THE amplifier :D
FANTASTIC GUITARS AND AMPS MAN!!!!
yeah, stay rock! :D

B

Birdo

picture.php

Here we have a Gibson Classic Custom Les Paul, a Yamaha classical, an Epiphone PR5EVS electric acoustic and an Epiphone SG.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I don't play but seeing this is a guitar thread
It just seemed right to add this Good Funny Movie!

Tenacious D

picture.php

Greensub

Great thread

Great thread

Unfortunately I'm down to two guitars right now (just two acoustics), my trusty Tama steel string and my paulino bernabe classical.

The Tama is interesting... it's actually an Ibanez from the lawsuit years (Tama is the drum division of the company... but they released a few guitars under the name). All solid wood, mahogany/spruce with an ebony neck. It's the best recording acoustic I've ever recorded (I've loaned it to martin/taylor/gibson owners in the studio many times).

My old collection was:

Mid 80's Heritage eagle hollow body (stolen)
86' MIJ strat with fralins and new hardware (lost to pawn shop)
Custom mahogany/quilted maple top strat (HSH, lost at pawn)
98' Gibson cherry sunburst 335 with fralin p/u's (always had tuning trouble, sounded great though, the neck just wasn't solid enough... sold in a bad time, will replace with the heritage version)
99' american strat with fralins... (my MIJ strat blew it away... sold, bad times)
MIK 7-string strat... bought it on the way to a gig (got halfway there and realized I'd forgotten my guitar... quick stop at guitar center and they were having a sale), cost less than what I made on the gig that night.

Right now I really need a strat... almost any strat... I'm almost debating spending $50 on a used mexican squier (I haven't played one yet... and I'd rather find another used MIJ to fix up, they have great wood, just need better electronics and hardware... but I'm broke right now)

I really want another custom strat (preferably made with centuries old reclaimed wood) haven't decided on the builder or specific hardware and p/u's.

I'm also a big heritage fan... (when gibson bought out epiphone and closed the Kalamazoo plant, the luthiers that worked and lived there stayed and became Heritage guitars). In my opinion heritage does gibson better than gibson does, from their les pauls to their 335 type guitars, and for the money you cannot get a better made hand carved hollowbody jazz guitar (... for the money...)

I can't say too much on the amp I play, there's less than 20 of them in existence and I'm on the website playing on a demo video, I could be identified. I helped design it and choose all the components (resistors, caps, solder, wires) all audiophile quality.

I could ramble on awhile here but shouldn't for safety reasons.

chappie

Veteran
65 Jaguar here (sunburst) for the darkwater surf growls
Fender reverb tank and a Swart AST amp, which I actually don't like all that much and am thinking about selling

Larrivees for the acoustic (parlour and dreadnaut)

imadoofus

Veteran
contemplated getting a fender jag, but people always complain about the strings jumping from aggressive playing...

have a johnson acoustic that i play till my fingers bleed. was the summer of 69... wait, what?

Latest posts

Latest posts