What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Keep my see 1k hps or switch to cmh???

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
It's ice cold where I'm at and my intake brings that air in. I've got some nugs that are extremely purple. I'm really wanting to give a whole tray of chacos a go while it's still cold so I can try to dial it in. Idk if I'll have enough ready to give a whole tray the opportunity yet. Maybe once this current tray is done. I've got a bunch of forums and gluetang3s I'm putting in the next tray. I hate doing mixed trays but my clone game must've been a little off this round because I had 27 gsc and like 12 died. Out of 19 gt3 I've got 12.so to get the numbers I need in the tray it'll have to either be a mixed tray or really wide plants.

Dirt Bag

It's ice cold where I'm at and my intake brings that air in. I've got some nugs that are extremely purple. I'm really wanting to give a whole tray of chacos a go while it's still cold so I can try to dial it in. Idk if I'll have enough ready to give a whole tray the opportunity yet. Maybe once this current tray is done. I've got a bunch of forums and gluetang3s I'm putting in the next tray. I hate doing mixed trays but my clone game must've been a little off this round because I had 27 gsc and like 12 died. Out of 19 gt3 I've got 12.so to get the numbers I need in the tray it'll have to either be a mixed tray or really wide plants.

Our homemade cloner is completely automated, and cost less than $50 to make. Our success rate is so close to 100% I can't really give you a number. I don't remember the last time a cutting didn't root. Our biggest problem is too much roots. They will grow right down into the sprayers if you let them.
We tried several methods, used to do rockwool cubes. They don't even come close to the quickness, ease, and success rate of a cloner. It uses plain water @ 6.0pH. Each one can hold 27 cuttings and are 18"L x 13"W x 9"H. Nothing is easier or works better and after the initial purchase costs pennies to operate. No media to buy. If you're going to coco a cloner is ideal. It's hands down our best single item. Details available upon request.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Db pm me the details. I thought about dropping some coin on a ez cloner. My helper sometimes isn't much help. Do you keep your cloner spraying 24/7 or on a cycle timer???

Dirt Bag

Db pm me the details. I thought about dropping some coin on a ez cloner. My helper sometimes isn't much help. Do you keep your cloner spraying 24/7 or on a cycle timer???

Cycle timer, though only because of the heat generated by the pump. In your situation where it's cold, you may be able to just let it run. As long as the water temp stays relatively cool (we find 72—76° ideal) you can have them spraying constantly which will only make them root faster. Details otw.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
This stuff definitely puts on the frost. I'm 50 days in and it's crazy frosty.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Dirt Bag

These folks have 232 Sun Systems 630 LEC for sale. If you're in the market for cmh, don't miss this bargain. Make an offer! They accepted mine. I have a couple on the way!

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
If I would have to seen that yesterday before I ordered my nanolux I would have given enough it a shot. Those sunsystem were what I was initially looking at.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
These folks have 232 Sun Systems 630 LEC for sale. If you're in the market for cmh, don't miss this bargain. Make an offer! They accepted mine. I have a couple on the way!

What did you offer for the used lamp?

These sun system lec cmh fixtures are the most overpriced things I've ever seen in a growshop, over $650 and they are heavy and really tall too.

The Ceramic Solutions 630 DE CMH fixture with bulb is $270 now, that's the next fixture I want to try.

I have my 1000 DE CMH nanolux next to my 630 DE CMH now and I think the space would be lit better by 3 630's.

Dirt Bag

What did you offer for the used lamp?

These sun system lec cmh fixtures are the most overpriced things I've ever seen in a growshop, over $650 and they are heavy and really tall too.

The Ceramic Solutions 630 DE CMH fixture with bulb is $270 now, that's the next fixture I want to try.

I have my 1000 DE CMH nanolux next to my 630 DE CMH now and I think the space would be lit better by 3 630's.

DE CMH are inherently flawed. It's why they're cheaper.

The 120v model weighs 32 lbs but the 240v & 277v only weigh 23.5 lbs.

Last edited:

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
These nanos weigh 5.5 lbs and spred the light pretty well. I don't know what would make the sunsystem so heavy besides it having everything internally. Could possibly create more heat?? Or premature ballast failure??

Transformer

Transformer

The 120V version of the Sunsystems Lec CHM has a step-up transformer built in. I think the lamp uses that nice Phillips ballast. But the ballast needs 240V to operate. The transformer converts 120V to 240V.
The transformer weights a ton.

If you ever need to get rid of one of those lamps, pull the transformer out. That could come in handy around the shop.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
51 days and looking good. New light should be here soon. I'm ready to get this show on the road. Once my cloners here I'll try to take enough sour d cuts to fill both trays.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Got the 2nd cmh up but need to move it over a little to get overlap. The cmh definitely made the glues show some terps I ve never seen from it before and I e ran the sh** out of the glue.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Got the light closer and threw in 9 plants. 2 gt3, 2 gg4, 2 atw, and 2 ecsd and a blueberry. Also threw 4 kinds in the cloner to get the next one started and started flushing the glues at 58 today. Was a busy 2 hours this morning.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Looking good! If you want more overlap turn your lights 90 degrees so the sides of the fixtures are next to each other.

I run mine the way yours are hung to cover more floor space.

Gavita has a couple good papers on their site about the different ways to light with this style reflector, double ended style, even tho yours are double bulb.

I'll bet you could go 4x4 trays with those don't you think?