What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Res changes with DTW?

Tbonegrower

I am running coco DTW using maxibloom, protekt, and a little bit of PK boost along with a tiny bit of cal mag. I don’t kill my res, but I have considered it. How often should I be draining an refilling the res?

jocat

I run a similar system, top feed drain to waste, I wash out my 55G barrel reservoir after it gets used up, approx every 7-10 days, if I have to refill without washing i clean the screen in my pump line an extra time or 2. I use a pressure washer to blast everything clean between fills, mix nutes with a pump running. Check PH every 2 days & adjust if needed.

Tbonegrower

Thanks for the input! I tend to clean and refill about once a month, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't totally off. I am not running an overly large space, so my <30 gallon res takes that long to go through. I always keep an eye on PH and PPM to make sure I am not seeing any weirdness.

Pumpkin

Veteran
I top up my res very regularly. Auto-doser. My water is basically mud. So have to clean it out once a month to keep the pumps working. But I imagine the shelf life of mixed nutriants to be preety good. And you are diluting expired nutrients every top up. My opinion is you should clean if there is visible salt or debris, but at least once a month for peace of mind.

Latest posts

Latest posts