What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acapulco Gold, Ace vs Barneys

I have grown several Acapulco Gold plants from Barneys, and after many years, still enjoy the strain. Is there much difference in Ace's landrace Acapulco Gold compared to Barneys? I would love to try it, but have not been able to get any seeds. I saw a combo pack offered recently but it was gone so fast I missed it. Is it available at certain times of the year?

B

back_woods

barney's a.g is not the landrace so no real comparison. the real a.g. will flower 16 - 18 weeks

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really like my Bodhi AG have never had Barneys but his is crossed to a Afghani so not real in the truest sense.

I am sure the AG will show up again, just keep looking every week or so.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BeaverIslander,

The Acapulco Gold was a freebie given by Bodhi in his oaxacan Zipolite release.
We at ACE were mere retailers of that Zipolite + Acapulco Gold release from Bodhi, so i would recommend you to contact him in case you have more concrete doubts about his lines, as we at ACE we didn't produce the AG seeds neither we worked with that line.

I also don't know about Barney AG release, but for the pics i saw looks like a hybrid for sure. I would recommend you to ask directly the breeders/seed banks that produced the AG versions that you have doubts about.

Thank you for the replies and explanation Dubi. So far I have not been able to find contact information for Bodhi so if anyone knows how to make contact or where to get the Acapulco landrace seeds I'd appreciate the help.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Bohdi's Acapulco Gold.

Bohdi's Acapulco Gold.

I have never seen Barney's offerings. I do know the Oaxacan from Bohdi is an excellent plant to grow. Since these Acapulco Gold seeds are freebies. I'm very impressed. This is a unique plant to have and grow out. Peace :tiphat:

View Image
I have never seen Barney's offerings. I do know the Oaxacan from Bohdi is an excellent plant to grow. Since these Acapulco Gold seeds are freebies. I'm very impressed. This is a unique plant to have and grow out. Peace :tiphat:
Any idea where I could find a couple of Bodhi's beans.. I'm not having any luck.

I have a Barneys AG getting close to harvest but I know it's not the real deal.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1762307&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Here i have one from Barney' s AG

9778473314_6ee9f9f791_c.jpg

deepwaterdude

Yep, comparing farmerlion's and mexcurandero's, they look very different. Also both very beautiful plants, I'd be happy to have either one;0)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
BeaverIslander, I would just keep checking the Ace site. Put it on your wish list. If Bodhi is waiting on harvest for more seeds. It could be a while. I only have the single pack of each so far. Peace

BeaverIslander, I would just keep checking the Ace site. Put it on your wish list. If Bodhi is waiting on harvest for more seeds. It could be a while. I only have the single pack of each so far. Peace
Will do, they would make an excellent winter scrog if I can find a couple

I wood

Will do, they would make an excellent winter scrog if I can find a couple

Great Lakes genetics has had them several times over the last couple of years too.
I wound up with more than I will ever get to due to them being freebies with two other things I needed at the time. Then I discovered ace seeds and acquired many things I'm equally or more excited to grow. Get to fifty posts and pm me, depending on your location, maybe I can help.

Great Lakes genetics has had them several times over the last couple of years too.
I wound up with more than I will ever get to due to them being freebies with two other things I needed at the time. Then I discovered ace seeds and acquired many things I'm equally or more excited to grow. Get to fifty posts and pm me, depending on your location, maybe I can help.
Hello I wood, and thank you. I'll post a couple pics in awhile, that'll help but I still have a ways to go to hit that 50 post count. Being a newbie can be a real PITA :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts