What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2013 Holiday Cooking Contest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
UPDATED... please read... AGAIN..... as of 20/12/2012.... contest EXTENDED....

Well folks it's that time of year... again, Holidaze
with all the changes going and coming... WE thought it might be fun to change up things this year.... and embark upon a NEW direction...

welcome to the 1st ICMAG...Holiday Cooking Contest...

this contest is about the one thing all Stoners LOVE...FOOD

the rules are simple and as follows....

~ there will be 2 categories....with a WINNER IN EACH CATAGORY....

1st for Cannabis recipes...IE lollipops, brownies, cookies, macaroons,muffins, ANYthing food, w/ Cannabis...weather that be butter, tincture, kief, dry sift, BHO, or sum other concoction of cannabis....ie mango lassi... just gotta get U high.... or at least alter the brain...

2nd category will be for TRADITIONAL holiday food recipes....
IE, turkey, stuffing, lamb, ham,pie's & cakes, cobblers & trifles and of course side dishes galore......

To enter the contest U must post hear in this thread to include the following...

~Simply provide{ well written } details on "how to" make the recipe...{ u may include pictorials on the process }....
BUT only one photo of the finished product is required for entry...plus the recipe...

Only active members in good standing may enter... if U get BANNED U are disqualified.....
ADMIN will review All entries , and THEN start a Poll taking members votes to decide the Best in each category....{ yes there will be 2 polls....one for each category}....
still there will be only 2 winners .... the BEST of each category...

and if U'r reALLY GOOD.... maybe U will make the next magazine....

contest starts Tomorrow.... 28/11/13..... running THRU NEW ~ YEARS DAY..... for all the festive functions and such....
thus providing time for a Poll, w/ winners being announced by Christmas.....{ prizes will be sent after the holiday office break }

prizes to include Seeds of the winners choice from a Super Secret Santa list that Big C has already.......IE:the beans will come from Clarence @ SeedBay..... for safety, and security.....

now taking feed back and input..... contest starts tomorrow

:thanks:

Last edited:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Christmas Chocolate Fudge Nut Brownie - With Cannabis....
(This cake can be made in a Kenwood mixer or by hand) I prefer handmade.

This recipe I was taught from a Michelin star chef, minus the Cannabis, it took a decade for him to perfect and was a top seller in one of the worlds most exclusive restaurants.

The ingredients to produce this delight are easily purchased in measured amounts from any leading supermarket in 2013-2014 and the ingredients and the recipe makes about 45 portions that without Cannabis are in a restaurant worth £5 +.

Buying the ingredients this way gives an accurate price for giving correct portion size in the Trade and saves time with scales.

I made Cannabis oil a week before making the Brownie using a baking dish to collect resin concentrate from the alcohol, when the alcohol was evaporated, the baking dish I used was covered in a golden oil, I collected what I could to save for later but left a considerable amount in the dish on purpose, I buttered this dish and sprinkled granulated sugar into it, covering the base and sides then proceed to make the following recipe and poured the mix from the recipe below into the dish, it turned out perfectly! Nice and Hashy.

Ingredients:

500g - Light Muscovado sugar (Best Quality)
500g - Dark Muscovado sugar (Best Quality)
500g - Unsalted Butter (Irish)
500g - Dark Chocolate (Best Quality)
360g - Self-Raising Flour (Double Sieved)
250g - Crushed Hazelnuts (Corylus avellana)
100g - Granulated Sugar
12 Medium Eggs (Fresh)

Utensils:

Large mixing bowl,
Bain-Marie set-up,
Whisk,
Sieve,
2x spatula,
Big baking dish,
Tin-Foil,

Method:

First set-up the Bain-Marie, melt the Butter and Chocolate together until combined. (Keep it molten for the next stage 42[FONT=Liberation Serif, serif]°[/FONT]c is perfect).

Whisk the Eggs and Sugar together in the Large Bowl. (Make sure there is no lumps of sugar).

Pour the Chocolate Butter mix into the Egg Sugar mix, and use a Spatula to fold the mixes together completely.

Next sieve the 360 grams of Self-raising Flour in stages into the 1 mix, folding it in.

Add the nuts last by hand, folding into the finished mix. (They collect in a whisk or fall to the base of the brownie mix and don't give an even distribution throughout the Brownie).

Grease the baking tin with butter then put a few tablespoons of the granulated sugar in the baking dish and shake it into the corners and up the sides, this is a neat trick that puts a crust on the brownie and makes it come out big tins easier, (Allow enough room for the mix to raise by half).

Bake in a pre-heated Fan assisted oven for 45 minutes at 170-180[FONT=Liberation Serif, serif]°[/FONT]c depending on the depth of your brownie mix in the dish you used. The brownie will want turning half way through cooking. At this time the surface will have a nice crust, If you cover it with tin-foil at this 1/2 way point in the cooking process it will not stick to the Brownie mix, and it will keep the outer layer moist whilst preventing over colouration/caramelization which impairs the Brownie flavour. Use a skewer to check the middle of the brownie, at 40 minutes cooking if it feels firm it's probably done, put a skewer into the brownie at a few places and test, the skewer wants to come clean, (if in doubt put it back in for 10 minutes and keep an eye on it).

"I have one in the Freezer cut down, I will grab a few pictures tonight-or tomorrow."

Regarding turning this recipe into a Medible;

I suggest everyone take it in your stride, don't be too light handed on the oil as the recipe is fairly expensive to make, besides you can't add more oil to a Brownie once it's made. I find its better to proper over-load it with Cannabis, that way you can take it easy and have just one 1/2 slice knowing you'll be warm and fuzzy, but remember that the stuff is potent. (Make sure you have a day off after consuming half this recipe in one go).

The cooking process will remove any last vestiges of moisture and alcohol from the oil as it seeps into the Brownie making it very safe to eat, those Medible fans can use Canna-butter if you so please but know your tolerances, it is a very Moorish Brownie made with unsalted butter and by far one of the best chocolate deserts I’ve tried.

I plated this up for the picture, my brother soon ate it quickly after with a :biggrin:.

That's 1 ounce of hash made from Sam Skunkman's cheese clone circa 1989. Probably enough to make 4 cakes!
picture.php

Last edited:

yortbogey

Veteran
U need a photo to enter.... proves the validity of the recipe and shows the effort....
plz

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
UPDATED... please read...

Well folks it's that time of year... again, Holidaze
with all the changes going and coming... WE thought it might be fun to change up things this year.... and embark upon a NEW direction...

welcome to the 1st ICMAG...Holiday Cooking Contest...

this contest is about the one thing all Stoners LOVE...FOOD

the rules are simple and as follows....

~ there will be 2 categories....with a WINNER IN EACH CATAGORY....

1st for Cannabis recipes...IE lollipops, brownies, cookies, macaroons,muffins, ANYthing food, w/ Cannabis...weather that be butter, tincture, kief, dry sift, BHO, or sum other concoction of cannabis....ie mango lassi... just gotta get U high.... or at least alter the brain...

2nd category will be for TRADITIONAL holiday food recipes....
IE, turkey, stuffing, lamb, ham,pie's & cakes, cobblers & trifles and of course side dishes galore......

To enter the contest U must post hear in this thread to include the following...

~Simply provide{ well written } details on "how to" make the recipe...{ u may include pictorials on the process }....
BUT only one photo of the finished product is required for entry...plus the recipe...

Only active members in good standing may enter... if U get BANNED U are disqualified.....
ADMIN will review All entries , and THEN start a Poll taking members votes to decide the Best in each category....{ yes there will be 2 polls....one for each category}....
still there will be only 2 winners .... the BEST of each category...

and if U'r reALLY GOOD.... maybe U will make the next magazine....

contest starts Tomorrow.... 28/11/13..... running until 12/21/13.....
thus providing time for a Poll, w/ winners being announced by Christmas.....{ prizes will be sent after the holiday office break }

prizes to include Seeds of the winners choice from a Super Secret Santa list that Big C has already.......IE:the beans will come from Clarence @ SeedBay..... for safety, and security.....

now taking feed back and input..... contest starts tomorrow

:thanks:

Damn whats up with neg.Rep on first post
ill post a Res./pic BUTT damn there a lot of good cooks on here GOOD LUCK TO ALL:tiphat:

ALB3RT

Damn for first time i catch such a contest i`ll enter this time for sure :)
Yesterday I cut off some "Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze x Jack Herer" budz and maybe they are going to the first category :D
Good Luck to All
P.E.A.C.E \/AW

yortbogey

Veteran
everyone thats cooking T-day in the US,,.... need to snap a shot and submit the recipe...
U never know ....

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
German chocolate swiss brownie cake anyone...lol

Going to need me some canna butter I guess....

Ummm... Brownie cake....
:monkeyeat
I'll be back....

Yet another good idea, Yortbogey....:respect:

:lurk:

yortbogey

Veteran
BUMP..... where is the food, I know U all eat like giants.... yesterday, so do the do, and show, and tell time.....

bigherb

Veteran
Yort

I love this idea , I'm excited to see the contributions n hopefully get som new recipes

Just my 2cents IMHO the date should be till Xmas or a day after , many start there meals early but 21st is real early . Soo you would have recipes but not pics fir Xmas dinners . Some go all out for New Years aswell that would complete the holihaze . Respect but this seems geared toward more of a turkey contest n that was also only a day notice

Just a thought much respect

1luvbigherb

yortbogey

Veteran
Christmas Chocolate Fudge Nut Brownie - With Cannabis....
(This cake can be made in a Kenwood mixer or by hand) I prefer handmade.

This recipe I was taught from a Michelin star chef, minus the Cannabis, it took a decade for him to perfect and was a top seller in one of the worlds most exclusive restaurants.

The ingredients to produce this delight are easily purchased in measured amounts from any leading supermarket in 2013-2014 and the ingredients and the recipe makes about 45 portions that without Cannabis are in a restaurant worth £5 +.

Buying the ingredients this way gives an accurate price for giving correct portion size in the Trade and saves time with scales.

I made Cannabis oil a week before making the Brownie using a baking dish to collect resin concentrate from the alcohol, when the alcohol was evaporated the baking dish I used was covered in golden oil, I collected what I could to save for later but left a considerable amount in the dish on purpose, I buttered this dish and sprinkled granulated sugar into it, covering the base and sides then proceed to make the following recipe and poured the mix from the recipe below into the dish, it turned out perfectly! Nice and Hashy.

Ingredients:

500g - Light Muscovado sugar (Best Quality)
500g - Dark Muscovado sugar (Best Quality)
500g - Unsalted Butter (Irish)
500g - Dark Chocolate (Best Quality)
360g - Self-Raising Flour (Double Sieved)
250g - Crushed Hazelnuts (Corylus avellana)
100g - Granulated Sugar
12 Medium Eggs (Fresh)

Utensils:

Large mixing bowl,
Bain-Marie set-up,
Whisk,
Sieve,
2x spatula,
Big baking dish,
Tin-Foil,

Method:

First set-up the Bain-Marie, melt the Butter and Chocolate together until combined. (Keep it molten for the next stage 42[FONT=Liberation Serif, serif]°[/FONT]c is perfect).

Whisk the Eggs and Sugar together in the Large Bowl. (Make sure there is no lumps of sugar).

Pour the Chocolate Butter mix into the Egg Sugar mix, and use a Spatula to fold the mixes together completely.

Next sieve the 360 grams of Self-raising Flour in stages into the 1 mix, folding it in.

Add the nuts last by hand, folding into the finished mix. (They collect in a whisk or fall to the base of the brownie mix and don't give an even distribution throughout the Brownie).

Grease the baking tin with butter then put a few tablespoons of the granulated sugar in the baking dish and shake it into the corners and up the sides, this is a neat trick that puts a crust on the brownie and makes it come out big tins easier, (Allow enough room for the mix to raise by half).

Bake in a pre-heated Fan assisted oven for 45 minutes at 170-180[FONT=Liberation Serif, serif]°[/FONT]c depending on the depth of your brownie mix in the dish you used. The brownie will want turning half way through cooking. At this time the surface will have a nice crust, If you cover it with tin-foil at this 1/2 way point in the cooking process it will not stick to the Brownie mix, and it will keep the outer layer moist whilst preventing over colouration/caramelization which impairs the Brownie flavour. Use a skewer to check the middle of the brownie, at 40 minutes cooking if it feels firm it's probably done, put a skewer into the brownie at a few places and test, the skewer wants to come clean, (if in doubt put it back in for 10 minutes and keep an eye on it).

"I have one in the Freezer cut down, I will grab a few pictures tonight-or tomorrow."

Regarding turning this recipe into a Medible;

I suggest everyone take it in your stride, don't be too light handed on the oil as the recipe is fairly expensive to make, besides you can't add more oil to a Brownie once it's made. I find its better to proper over-load it with Cannabis, that way you can take it easy and have just one 1/2 slice knowing you'll be warm and fuzzy, but remember that the stuff is potent. (Make sure you have a day off after consuming half this recipe in one go).

The cooking process will remove any last vestiges of moisture and alcohol from the oil as it seeps into the Brownie making it very safe to eat, those Medible fans can use Canna-butter if you so please but know your tolerances, it is a very Moorish Brownie made with unsalted butter and by far one of the best chocolate deserts I’ve tried.

I plated this up for the picture, my brother soon ate it quickly after with a :biggrin:.

That's 1 ounce of hash made from Sam Skunkman's cheese clone circa 1989. Probably enough to make 4 cakes!
View Image

NOW WE HAVE A CONTEST...... excellent~indeed

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Double Hasselhoff happy time cookies

Double Hasselhoff happy time cookies

Here's my easy recipe for some double chocolate cookies:

250 grams of butter.
5½ deciliter of wheat flour.
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
3 teaspoons of baking powder.
1 teaspoony of salt. (can be left out if you like sweeter cookies)
1½ deciliters of sugar.
1½ deciliters of brown sugar.
2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar.
2 eggs.
100 grams of dark and white chocolate each.
1 deciliter of coconut chip, can be replaced or combined with rolled oats, nuts, chipped almonds according to your taste.

Melt down the butter, combine your wheat flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add sugars to the melted butter. Mix in the eggs. Add the wheat mix, chocolate and coconut chips and/or nuts. Mix the dough until it's nice and even. Using a spoon, make roughly meatball (not swedish) sized lumps, spread em evenly on the sheet, leaving some space for em to to get bigger. Carve some smiling faces on em. Bake 10 minutes @ 175 celcius. Let em kool off and enjoy with milk :)

Depending on the size, you should get some 32-36 cookies using this recipe.

picture.php

yortbogey

Veteran
looks good.... YES, in this application... being w/ out acid based products in the recipe...

the baking powder is the way to go for these cookies....

looks good.... picture included..... WAY to go....WE got our 1st entry from a staff member....

this excites me... to no ~ end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts