What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana Aurora Indica CFL Tent Grow

Penguin59

Hi friends,

Have just started my third micro-grow indoors and wanted to share the grow/ride with you all. Strain is two feminised seeds of Nirvana's Aurora Indica and the girls are 2.5 weeks old.

Some basic details of the grow:

Growtent dimensions: (H 0.8m x D 0.45m x W 0.8m) or (H 31" x D 17.5" x W 31"), Mylar coated.
Lighting: 1x 130w Cool White CFL Bulb.
Soil: 100% organic (A shout out to BurnOne is in order for the soil recipe (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=53792).
Nutrient Regimen: Have not started them on nutes yet but will during flowering. Being an organics lover, the tea will be a simple fish emulsion/water mix with black strap molasses added.
Ventilation: One intake fan on the floor of the tent and one outtake fan suspended above the light reflector. I will be adding a carbon filter to the outtake fan via ducting when the plant begins to flower.

You might be asking why the girls aren't the size that they should be at 2.5 weeks. Since the beans popped a few weeks ago I had been using a 250w HPS bulb but the heat from the bulb was raising temps to around 32 degrees C or 90 degrees F no matter how many outtake fans I placed in the tent! Needless to say they weren't doing much as a result and the leaves got a bit wilted due to heat stress.

I changed the lighting scheme two days ago to 1x 130w CFL bulb with a larger reflector and temps are now consistently sitting at a perfect 24 degrees C or 75 degrees F and 50% - 60% RH. The girls now seem to be perking up quite nicely now and returning to a beautiful colour.

Check out the first couple of pictures I have of them and feel free to give me any tips or suggestions.

Enjoy!:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Penguin

Penguin59

1.5 weeks later and day 1 of flowering below.

Wonder how much these two will stretch over the next 8 weeks?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Penguin