Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Growroom Lighting > Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH)

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Ceramic Solutions!
Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2018, 06:07 PM #7171
Jhhnn
Banned

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemDgMillionre View Post
Howdy, Iím new to CMH, but considering buying 10 fixtures (315) for 2 of my rooms as suplemental overhead lighting. I run vertical hps bare bulbs, so Iím really just looking for something to add more blue into the spectrum. Iím wondering if anyone runs remote ballasts? Are there substantial differences in light produced from remote vs integrated? Just efficiency? Thanks
Remote balllasts need a stronger starting pulse than integrated ballasts. Other than that performance is identical.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:09 PM #7172
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of light
we grew with '2' 315's in a 4x3.5ft tent... def no way is it even close to a 1000w hps... other then less heat, not impressed...
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:29 PM #7173
Zarezhu

Zarezhu has a spectacular aura aboutZarezhu has a spectacular aura aboutZarezhu has a spectacular aura aboutZarezhu has a spectacular aura aboutZarezhu has a spectacular aura about
Hey guys,
This is a hell of a thread, Illneed to look through it thouroughly, HOWEVER

I have 2 3'x16' tables that I want to light. This room may strictly be a nursery, but I mayyy chose to flower the room if the nursery isnt producing like I would hope. Theres Roughly 6.5' of headroom. Tables are roughly 1' off the ground. At first, I was thinking 600w DE's ran down the rows. Then I considered LED lights on amazon. Reconsidering LEDs because I may not get the intensity that Id want in bloom.

Then I found these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077HRZ2M5...ding=UTF8&th=1

They have the wide style reflector, which seems like it would be great for me lighting a 3 x 16 table. I could fit at least 5, (possibly 6?) per table. I also love that I can daisy chain these.

Of course theres a closed version of the reflector as well, which I wouldnt be opposed to getting as it would provide more penetration into the canopy.

I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys?

I want a PERFECT veg room, but I also want to be able to bloom with these lights if necessary.

What do y'all think?
Zarezhu is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2018, 03:48 AM #7174
Jhhnn
Banned

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarezhu View Post
Hey guys,
This is a hell of a thread, Illneed to look through it thouroughly, HOWEVER

I have 2 3'x16' tables that I want to light. This room may strictly be a nursery, but I mayyy chose to flower the room if the nursery isnt producing like I would hope. Theres Roughly 6.5' of headroom. Tables are roughly 1' off the ground. At first, I was thinking 600w DE's ran down the rows. Then I considered LED lights on amazon. Reconsidering LEDs because I may not get the intensity that Id want in bloom.

Then I found these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077HRZ2M5...ding=UTF8&th=1

They have the wide style reflector, which seems like it would be great for me lighting a 3 x 16 table. I could fit at least 5, (possibly 6?) per table. I also love that I can daisy chain these.

Of course theres a closed version of the reflector as well, which I wouldnt be opposed to getting as it would provide more penetration into the canopy.

I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys?

I want a PERFECT veg room, but I also want to be able to bloom with these lights if necessary.

What do y'all think?
I do well through flowering using roughly 40w/ sq ft in a tight reflective space. I try to keep 18-24" between the tops & the lights. You want at least six 315 units or three 630w units per table for high performance. You could get by with less strictly in veg but growth won't be as rapid.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2018, 12:20 AM #7175
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Id go with these for the money. I believe they come with a phillips bulb n ballast.
https://hydrobuilder.com/sun-system-...kaAo0wEALw_wcB
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2018, 01:13 AM #7176
ChemDgMillionre

Location: 1882 Girard St, San Fransisco, CA .. basement apartment.
ChemDgMillionre has much to be proud ofChemDgMillionre has much to be proud ofChemDgMillionre has much to be proud ofChemDgMillionre has much to be proud ofChemDgMillionre has much to be proud ofChemDgMillionre has much to be proud ofChemDgMillionre has much to be proud ofChemDgMillionre has much to be proud ofChemDgMillionre has much to be proud ofChemDgMillionre has much to be proud ofChemDgMillionre has much to be proud of
Are those sun system lights quality? Iíve got my cart full of the remote hoods + prism ballasts
ChemDgMillionre is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2018, 05:07 AM #7177
Jhhnn
Banned

Quote:
Are those sun system lights quality? Iíve got my cart full of the remote hoods + prism ballasts
Genuine Philips ballasts are likely the best available. The price on the 240v units is excellent.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:21 PM #7178
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Quote:

Yes, quality, yield, are on point with these lights. I will be getting more. I am running a few of the prism ballast systems with cheap hoods, and I like their performance, but I haven't used them in a production type environment, so no yield testing yet. but quality on the pheno room and veg area have been good.

I cant tell about ballast quality, except ive been running these generics and brand names for a few cycles and no problems with either of them. On the cheap kits the reflectors are not as nicely built as the sun systems.

I think I paid around $230 bucks for the prism/winged hood/chord/ and a phillips bulb in a kit. I think the price went up on those though. So spending around 200 for a phillips brand system that's built really well like ss, is what Id go with for that price.

These are with the ss 630w lights I have.

Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:49 AM #7179
Zarezhu

Zarezhu has a spectacular aura aboutZarezhu has a spectacular aura aboutZarezhu has a spectacular aura aboutZarezhu has a spectacular aura aboutZarezhu has a spectacular aura about
@miraculous-

those buds look lovely! Almost looks like a hash plant.

I appreciate the link to the 315 LECs! LEC > CMH, correct?

And Do you think that 5 or 6 of the 315w LEC's will light a 3'x15' table very well? For bloom as well as veg? Your 630 looks like it had decent canopy penetration and decent intensity but its hard for me to guess how well a 315 watter would compare. Id imagine that it would have to be closer to the canopy, and closer together as well.

I'm still debating how much better my tables would be and how much higher production would be if I lit the 3x15 with 5 600 watt HIDs.

My main goal is for the room to be able to veg or bloom with great vigor and health. Its a production room, so I wouldnt care about spending more money on electricity/cooling if it meant the plants were vegging/blooming more vigorously and healthily.

Also- am I correct to assume that the 4200k bulbs would be better for veg and the 3100k bulbs would be better for bloom?
Zarezhu is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2018, 01:55 PM #7180
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of lightzachrockbadenof is a glorious beacon of light
others here will have much more info then me, but i'm using '2' 315's in a 4ftx3.5ft tent and i think the lite is insuff... i am adding '2' cheap led's , one on each side to try and supplement the lites- last yr i tried adding an 8bulb 4ft fluor, but it cooked the plants
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote