What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Party Cup Challenge 2018 Spring - Summer

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Its been fun challenge. Im kinda surprised by how healthy they are in such small containers after 6 weeks. Been kinda easy so far tbh as long as I water every 24 hours.

Here are the last two photos of my update:

View Image

A micro plant nestled among the fan leaf of an older DurbanxThai in 1 gallon container.

View Image

So very interesting, 2oz cups at 6 weeks.

Lush without overdoing the N, anticipating
some challenge after the flip as those plants
hit the higher watts.

So good!

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
great pics by others so far pretty impressive stuff.

this is 5 days flower i thought it would do a lot of stretching from the panama & blueberry sativa but looks to be more herijuana dominant & staying short oh well.
picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
So very interesting, 2oz cups at 6 weeks.

Lush without overdoing the N, anticipating
some challenge after the flip as those plants
hit the higher watts.

So good!

Thanks DC! Glad you enjoyed the lil ones. You're right its gonna be more of a challenge once they fully kick into flowering. Ive actually had them in the flower room for close to a month now and were only starting to see sex become apparent in the last week. I can't wait to see them budding up over the next few months. Not sure Ill have completely harvest ready plants by the end of the deadline, but should have something decent to show off.

@ Icon Thats a great looking seedling you have there. Looks like its in some good hands.

nickman

Veteran
Thanks DC! Glad you enjoyed the lil ones. You're right its gonna be more of a challenge once they fully kick into flowering. Ive actually had them in the flower room for close to a month now and were only starting to see sex become apparent in the last week. I can't wait to see them budding up over the next few months. Not sure Ill have completely harvest ready plants by the end of the deadline, but should have something decent to show off.

@ Icon Thats a great looking seedling you have there. Looks like its in some good hands.

Hi Dave, your plants look amazing for being in such small cups...!!!...

I always start off all my plants in 12 ounce cups... my plants always end up with deficiency’s... until I put them into bigger containers...
I usually keep them in the beer cups for a month... but I also always start them off in some seed starter soil that only has some worm castings and some beneficial bacteria in it , so that most likely why. I just couldn’t imagine trying to veg, flower and harvest all in the beer cups...!!!...

EvergreenState

I'm impressed with the amount of growth in two weeks with the Miracle Gro soil and 2 led bulbs.
Two photos, a week ago and today.
picture.php
picture.php

nickman

Veteran
I'm impressed with the amount of growth in two weeks with the Miracle Gro soil and 2 led bulbs.
Two photos, a week ago and today.View Image View Image

Are u using their organic soil...???...

I was really low on funds this round and I ended up getting like four bags of the organic miracle grow... they were on sale for $6.00 a 1.5 cubic foot bag...!!!... normally they’re $12.00 at the Home Depot ...

Awesome deal, considering I always use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog witch are at least $20.00 a bag...!!!...

Like u said, the growth rate of the plants is surprising me considering it’s Miracle Grow soil...

I’m going today to grab some soil for next round... I’m planing on using what I’ve been using for a while ( Fox Farms O.F. And H.F)... witch comes out to a little over $100.00 for 5 bags ... when the Oganic Miracle Grow would come out to $30.00 for the same amount of soil if it’s still on sale. Such a big difference...!!!... we’ll see

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hi Dave, your plants look amazing for being in such small cups...!!!...

I always start off all my plants in 12 ounce cups... my plants always end up with deficiency’s... until I put them into bigger containers...
I usually keep them in the beer cups for a month... but I also always start them off in some seed starter soil that only has some worm castings and some beneficial bacteria in it , so that most likely why. I just couldn’t imagine trying to veg, flower and harvest all in the beer cups...!!!...

Thanks Nickman! They definitely have turned out better than anticipated. A few of them at 42 days from germ still had green cotyledons, and most still had their first set of fan leaves intact. Easy to feed now, but Im sure Ill see some N def once I get into heavy flowering. I like transplanting up as well to ease nutrient related stresses too, but I wont have that luxury with these plants. Gonna be a fun challenge for me.

nickman

Veteran
Best of luck to you Dave...!!!... and everyone else too for that matter...!!!...

I was thinking about giving this competition a shot but I guess it’s too late now... maybe next time.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best of luck to you Dave...!!!... and everyone else too for that matter...!!!...

I was thinking about giving this competition a shot but I guess it’s too late now... maybe next time.

not at all too late imo
get in on the fun

EvergreenState

Are u using their organic soil...???...

I was really low on funds this round and I ended up getting like four bags of the organic miracle grow... they were on sale for $6.00 a 1.5 cubic foot bag...!!!... normally they’re $12.00 at the Home Depot ...

Awesome deal, considering I always use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog witch are at least $20.00 a bag...!!!...

Like u said, the growth rate of the plants is surprising me considering it’s Miracle Grow soil...

I’m going today to grab some soil for next round... I’m planing on using what I’ve been using for a while ( Fox Farms O.F. And H.F)... witch comes out to a little over $100.00 for 5 bags ... when the Oganic Miracle Grow would come out to $30.00 for the same amount of soil if it’s still on sale. Such a big difference...!!!... we’ll see
I'm using the regular Miracle Gro potting soil and they seem to be loving it.:biggrin:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I have a couple thunk cross cuttings in veg and will post one for this demo.

My recent seedlings of my thunk cross proved hermi,
and I wanted to play along so the cutting of a proven
plant will do just fine.

Pics when I get around to it.

EvergreenState

Good deal DC. I hope more people will join the contest. DC if you could submit several entries and then choose the best one to be judged that would make it even more fun. Good Luck.

DjKinetics

i was suppose to enter last time but had some "personal issues" anyway here we go, iv germinated in a jiffy cup, with a jiffy pellet and small amount of top soil on the top. i need to go get another cup cos the ones i have are 500ml. I assume this is allowed to transplant etc.

Strain : Hawaiian Wave x (Swazi Red x Lebanese) bx1 - backcrossed with the same male pollen

Environment : Small greenhouse

Soil : Jiffy pellet and Top Soil

Nutes to be used : Kelpak, 3:1:6 plant food from a local brand for veg, Flowering Orchids from the same brand for flowering.

picture.php

DjKinetics

a minor update
first off i just want to clarify that the jiffy cup im not so sure is a jiffy cup, the packaging doesn't specify other than to say its bio-degradable.
secondly im just to lazy to go cup hunting so iv measured out 400ml and cut the cup i have on hand accordingly.
punched some holes. put a layer of hydroballs/leca, placed the "jiffy cup" in and back filled with the topsoil.
Lastly i realize i most likely wont make the cut off date for harvest,smoke report i should have probably gone with a auto bean with this late entry none the less hope you guys dont mind me tagging along for the ride.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Pablitos

Day one

Day one

A little experiment for 2 clones.

Firt take in flowering of a Honey Cream Fem. Royal queen seed

and a Green Crack Fem. of Humbdolt

Both rooted on riot root.

so new pot with Plagron Lightmix:

:tiphat: