What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Honduras

Kaskadian

Veteran
I followed Dubi's advice and did a little maintenance trimming on the largest two. For the most part the canopy is even now but we still have a few weeks of stretch to go. I'm trying to tame these plants as best as I can but they keep surprising me!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strain: Purple Haze x Honduras
Grow Medium: 70% Coco 30% Perlite
Nutrients: 1/2 Strength Daily
Water: PH'd Tap Water
PH: 5.8
PH Runoff: 5.9
PPM: 400
Lighting: 600w HPS
Light Schedule: 11 on 13 off
Temperature: 25.5C/78F

Starting to see some nice development; I'm ready for this darn stretch to stop and some stacking to get started! Cheers guys, thanks for joining me on this journey and for providing advice/feedback. Growing pure sativas indoors has been a dream of mine for many years and it's become possible with the help of you all.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• IMG_7631.jpg
    IMG_7631.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7633.jpg
    IMG_7633.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7634.jpg
    IMG_7634.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7635.jpg
    IMG_7635.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7632.jpg
    IMG_7632.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 15

Tangwena

Veteran
Looking good you are going to get some huge clubs of colas in there by the end of flowering.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Looking good you are going to get some huge clubs of colas in there by the end of flowering.

Thanks! I’ll be giving your cob technique a try post harvest brother. I’ll most likely use lower buds as a trial run.

A happy bunch of sativas all together puts a smile on my face :)

Likewise! They really do look wild, even with topping and training they really have their own rythm which is unlike anything I’ve grown before. Thanks for stopping by!

Kaskadian

Veteran
Attached pictures

Attached pictures

Couple update shots on these monsters... doing my best to control them. These things grow like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strain: Purple Haze x Honduras
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• IMG_7744.jpg
    IMG_7744.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7742.jpg
    IMG_7742.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7739.jpg
    IMG_7739.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7736.jpg
    IMG_7736.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 13

Kaskadian

Veteran
Couple random shots...

Attachments

• IMG_7740.jpg
    IMG_7740.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7743.jpg
    IMG_7743.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7747.jpg
    IMG_7747.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7746.jpg
    IMG_7746.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 11

Kaskadian

Veteran
Great job. Those leafs so thin

dang I love that super narrow leaf shot!

Thanks guys! I love looking at beautiful needle sativa leaves.

This is only speculation because this is my first landrace grow but I believe the two plants with the ultra thin leaves are leaning purple haze. They’re also the two with the least developed buds, the stretchiest (huge internodal spacing), and slightly more nutrient sensitive.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
They are coming along quite nicely. I have to say im really surprised and impressed with how quickly they are starting to flower.
I have a couple hondurans and a couple green hazes at about day 37 of flower. One of the hazes is actually starting to bud nicely, hopefully will be done under 18 weeks. The other haze just has a few pistils here and there at day 37 of flower, 11/13. The hondurans coming along nicely. I will post some pics soon.

Kaskadian

Veteran
They are coming along quite nicely. I have to say im really surprised and impressed with how quickly they are starting to flower.
I have a couple hondurans and a couple green hazes at about day 37 of flower. One of the hazes is actually starting to bud nicely, hopefully will be done under 18 weeks. The other haze just has a few pistils here and there at day 37 of flower, 11/13. The hondurans coming along nicely. I will post some pics soon.

Thanks! Only two are worth mentioning when it comes to progress they’ve made. The other two are barely developed at all, very wispy with little to no development. I’m excited to see where they go!

I grew purple Haze x meao thai a few years ago, yours definitely looks hazey ��

Thanks for the feedback! These are definitely wild sativas, I’m still in shock from the stretch that’s occurred, never in my 15+ years of growing have I encountered anything like this. It was truly eye opening. I’ve heard a lot about the sativa stretch and I thought Sour D was about as bad as it could possibly get but that might as well be another indica dominant hybrid compared to these. I love it and fear it!

——————————

Fingers crossed gents but it looks like the stretch may finally be over after 6 weeks since flip. They’re starting to stack a little bit but height has been essentially unchanged now for the last 5-7 days. I had to chop a few back further as the tallest grew past the light. I had to remove the hangers and mount the light on the top bar of the tent... another 15cm (6”) and I’d be absolutely maxed with no where to go besides chopping even more back.

I love you guys for all the advice and feedback you’ve provided. I think next grow I will be starting 11/13 from seed or going with small Clones directly under 11/13 7 days after rooting. It’s absolute insanity and I’m loving every second.

Cheers,

Kas

Maple_Flail

were you foliaring in the first few weeks of the flip?

simple weak mix of kelp meal or kelp powder is my usually go to for this.

Maple_Flail

Something i encountered years ago when i learned the importance of keeping the best most tightly internoded clone as your next mother plant.

I still gave them feed in the water (albeit less feed in it more water), but started misting with water and very light mixtures of stuff i had on hand, seaweed extract and kelp dominate mixtures tended to keep things close and bush out more than they would if they had not been misted. (not longer have documentation due to computer crash but such is life)

I would do this in Veg and until the flower production started to really kick in 2-3 weeks for short stuff and up to 5-6 week for longer stuff. (again depending on how that stuff pack on its flower) and the shoots after about 2 months of veg would be very internodally stacked.

Been doing that ever since and yet to see a strain that doesn't react favorably towards this. like 1:1000 ratios would be the strongest i'd used.. normally 1:1500.. not much at all

I'm sure if this were done by someone pushing and pumping ec it would have a TOO much effect but i generally go real light on feed regardless of bottle feed or nutrients.

Burnt tips aggravate me.

Kaskadian

Veteran
A little action for you folks... proper update coming soon.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strain: Purple Haze x Honduras

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]