What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else love Zamaldelica and making crosses with it?

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I ordered 5 Zamaldelica Female seeds. Two initially germinated out of the 5. There is one that emerged after a couple of weeks. It is a congenital dwarf and is not growing. I am very fucking disappointed with the beans. Awful expensive for the result. Moving on to Killer A5 Haze. Waiting for the beans right now. See what happens there.

YukonKronic

I ordered 5 Zamaldelica Female seeds. Two initially germinated out of the 5. There is one that emerged after a couple of weeks. It is a congenital dwarf and is not growing. I am very fucking disappointed with the beans. Awful expensive for the result. Moving on to Killer A5 Haze. Waiting for the beans right now. See what happens there.

This is unusual. ACE usually sends one or two extra seeds and usually it’s only one or two at most that won’t pop... that’s my experience. I have piss poor success rates lately but it usually relates to seeds not emerging once planted rather than not germinating. If I was you I would email ACE or PM Dubi and see if they might be willing to throw you a couple xtra seeds next order.

Can’t hurt to ask and they may well make everything okay for you.

Last edited:

nksv

bummer dude. I'd really recommend trying out the regulars. My brain is actually a bit sore from smoking my f2s last night. My gawd they are amazing. So so strong and otherworldly! haha

I've not tried the fems nor trying to germinate them. Worth contacting them...I think in the past I've had issues with some fems but it really was due to my over care and worrying (you know when you only have one fem and REALLY want it to survive but kill it instead, that's me! haha)

Good luck with the Killer Haze...don't give up on the Zams, they're are a really unique and special strain.

nksv

yo!

been silent around here for months. family have moved to another part of australia. actually one of the best spots for growing! huzzah! brought all my seeds and crosses and cannot wait to get cracking again. not in a growing friendly situation atm and it's a bit depressing not having cabs to visit each morning. but hopefully will get some property over the next year or so and get some big ACE sativas happening!

keep posting and sharing those crosses if ya got em!

Zembretti

Hi Dubi and all. I started growing Zam reg last year and had great success with it. I crossed it the mother with pollen from a pure Sinai from Real Seed Company, and a Beanhoarder cross of Durban Poison x Blue Berry. Here's my story, it begins last year:

I live at 52 degrees north so not really recommended for growing tropical sativa but, I was up to the challenge. I germinated some Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica, Sinai, and The DP x BB. All grew really well outdoors in 20 litre pots, but the Sinai and the Durban Blueberry turned out to be males, so they were crossed with the GT and Zamaldelica.

The Zamaldelica started flowering July 24, three weeks after the Sinai, the other two a month later. We had an unusually long frost free September, quite an anomaly for our town here in Canada (I live at 2000 feet or about 600 m elevation) so that meant the plants were in intense sun until October 1 when I brought them in and put both a sunny south -facing window with lots of light to finish them off. the Zamaldelica was harvested Dec 3, the GT about 3 weeks later.

Last year's Zamaldelica smoke Report:
This weed was unlike anything I've ever experienced (I grew up in the 70s with mostly sativas) The high was so clear, clean and intellectual, not paranoid at all, but cool and social. It was like listening to jazz. My friends said similar things. It's true I didn't get a huge euphoric rush, but I liked the clarity and preferred it to indica or hybrid weed which personally I find cognitively numbing; that seems typical of the legal weed you buy in Canada.

The GT was good too, a strong sativa high, excellent for watching science documentaries, but without the same degree of clarity as the Zamaldelica, although a bit stronger.

Fast forward to this year: two days ago I harvested my Zamaldelica-Sinai cross and tried one bong hit. Wow! different from Zamaldelica - without the focus, but more euphoric, yet a mild high. I picked up my guitar and wrote the first song I've written in ages. Very creative weed, warm yet not too devastating or distracting when you need to get things done. So I don't know what pheno type I grew last year; all I know is I will continue with Zamaldelica and all the crosses I made with it this year. My new crop of Zamaldelica were harvested a week ago, one smells like bubblegum and the other is intense citrus and slightly over-ripe tropical fruit. Can't t wait to try each.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Smoking Zamaldelica x Jack Herrer (Seedsman). Pretty nice. Friends enjoyed it a great deal. Chopping lots more this week.

Koondense

Veteran
Got my super sweet Zam#1 for a seed run with a pretty nice OGxC99 male. They seem to get along well :)

Cheers

Breadwizard

Got a Guava Jelly CBD (DHN clone) x zamaldelica dad that just went into flower, trained quite low into a spiral. Love the leaf shape.
picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Amongst the current offer (assumes I don’t have a million seeds in the vault already), I am very interested in the Zamaldelica as well as a few others. Very interested in seeing what people do with these genetics.

Breadwizard

picture.php

Same zam cross as before, at 6 weeks of flower. LST very low, never topped. Brought outside for the photo. Zamaldelica x CBD dom Afghani. Aroma is hard to describe, perhaps celery root? Not quite carrot, but definitely root veg with a sweet twist.

Consolidated

Hi all, zamaldelica is something special to me and crossing her greatness is also something special...
My method outdoors didn't change, I let the male throw his pollen at the females preflowers of this moment (couple of days only to1 week max ).My way allows me to harvesting only some seeds and i never find seeded buds.
The last summer the lucky male was a young Purple satellite...and pollinated a Zamaldelica, couple auto Malawi × zamaldelica - some parents than auto zamaldelica without the reverse step - ( you can find her in this thread couple of pages back and on Zamaldelicas thread post #2749), and a Panama × bangi haze.
It's interesting to have new hybrids to play/explore with.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
A while back I crossed a Zami Female with a beautiful Seedsman's Jack Herrer Male. I grew some out and they turned out to be mostly Females. Good smoke. From a 50 year user.

Consolidated

I give a test run out in my new hybrids.
The S.B. ( spicy bomb or auto Malawi × zamaldelica)
gives stable hybrids so far with same structure, terpene profile, and effect.
The terpenes of her are spicy live resins with a little lemony in background .
SB× P. Satellite.

Attachments

• 20200508_204930.jpg
    20200508_204930.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200605_131502.jpg
    20200605_131502.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200605_131538.jpg
    20200605_131538.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200605_131615.jpg
    20200605_131615.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200605_131728.jpg
    20200605_131728.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 45

Thesearch

Zamaldelica x Crockett's Tangie

Attachments

• IMG_20201227_190442013.jpg
    IMG_20201227_190442013.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20201227_190429778.jpg
    IMG_20201227_190429778.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20201227_190336988.jpg
    IMG_20201227_190336988.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 40

Breadwizard

picture.php

picture.php

First lady (krinkle pheno) x zamaldelica (zam/thai pheno) test cross, she's got the same great spicy-pepper stink in veg as the mom. Stoked about the look so far. Second picture is after about 3.5 weeks of flower

Last edited:

Zembretti

I just finished harvesting my Zamaldelica X (Durban Poison x Big Freeze). Last year I pollinated DP X BF with Zamaldelica pollen and got some seeds, I grew one outdoors at 50 degrees. It was 10.5 feet tall and had an airy structure which probably helped it survive cold wet days without any Powdery Mildew of other fungal diseases. The harvested plant this year gave me about 400 grams of manicured bud which smells lemony and floral, slightly lavenderish. I vaped a small bud in my Volcano at 350 degrees. It's a fast onset uplifting high, very clear, clean and warmer than pure Zamaldelica. For anyone living in the north it might be a good cross to consider. I got the original DP X BF beans from Beanhoarder at Hemp Depot. Here are some pics from the grow:

Attachments

• Zamaldelica x DPxBF.jpg
    Zamaldelica x DPxBF.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Zamaldelica x (Durban Poison and Big Freeze).jpg
    Zamaldelica x (Durban Poison and Big Freeze).jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Zamaldelica X DP xBF.jpg
    Zamaldelica X DP xBF.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Zam X DPx BF.jpg
    Zam X DPx BF.jpg