Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > I've never used an "additive"...do I "need" to?

Thread Title Search
-
I've never used an "additive"...do I "need" to? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2010, 02:50 PM #1
ibjamming
Banned

ibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the rough
ibjamming has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
I've never used an "additive"...do I "need" to?

I do OK with just good ferts...AN Sensi, GH...but I've been wondering..."am I losing out on an easy way to boost yield"?

Well...am I?

If I'm using a good dose of Sensi or Maxibloom, am I REALLY going to see an improvement? To me, the plants look great.

These are from my last grow...Sensi bloom only...and some molasses too...

Wally Duck "CindyHaze"

Satori

LSD

Apollo 11

Another CindyHaze pheno

Should I spend the money? What do you suggest? Best bang for the buck...

Or don't bother, you won't get much more than what you're getting?

These were "soil", vert 400W HPS or CMH. I'm trying hempy buckets for the first time this next grow. That's why I'm asking...will ferts/molasses alone be sufficient?

Thanks...
ibjamming is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2010, 04:20 PM #2
staff11

TRICK QUESTION...... I say NO. LOL

Old 09-30-2010, 07:45 PM #3
ibjamming
Banned

ibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the roughibjamming is a jewel in the rough
ibjamming has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
No...it was serious... I was hoping there were others who grew plants that looked similar before...and were much better after starting to use additives.

I hear SO much talk of them...so I thought I'd ask.

Thank you, I'll take it as a compliment.
ibjamming is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2010, 09:34 PM #4
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster will become famous soon enoughTheBioMaster will become famous soon enoughTheBioMaster will become famous soon enough
Most experienced growers will tell you that genectics is KEY! I think alot of growers are unaware that after all thier additives and voodoo rituals, this only makes up about 10% at best of makes the plant grow healthy and big. The other 90% of what is REALLY important has notta to do with base nutes or additives...but especially NOT additives. Yet growers are simply in denial (i guess...not sure why they continue to waste there money on junk....guess its cause they can...lol).....

PS - your plants look AWSOME bro!
TheBioMaster is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:56 PM #5
ShroomDr
CartoonHead

ShroomDr is a splendid one to beholdShroomDr is a splendid one to beholdShroomDr is a splendid one to beholdShroomDr is a splendid one to beholdShroomDr is a splendid one to beholdShroomDr is a splendid one to beholdShroomDr is a splendid one to beholdShroomDr is a splendid one to beholdShroomDr is a splendid one to beholdShroomDr is a splendid one to beholdShroomDr is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjamming View Post

you better send some samples so ah... proper testing.... ah...
ShroomDr is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 12:32 AM #6
toohighmf

toohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nice
Your thread is the definitive to all the BS in "additives" this proves that less is so much more!
toohighmf is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 12:40 AM #7
gdtrfb
have you seen my lighter?

gdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nicegdtrfb is just really nice
not having an answer, all the same I've got to say you're the perfect person to answer it.

somebody who's got great performance with the 'basics' is exactly who I'd be interested to see test additives in a side-by-side comparison.
gdtrfb is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 12:44 AM #8
slackx
Banned

slackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of lightslackx is a glorious beacon of light
Hey brother, I run the canna terra line. I have noticed much better performance with there additives - all of them. Specifically to your question about "boosting" Canna Boost gives me an average of about 4 grams a plant off 2 clones in same environment under same light only difference is one is boosted other is not. You do the math on 4 x how ever many you run and you may find out its definitely worth the minor investment. Also i notice my plants get more solid and have about 5% more trichs from "boosting."

Just my own research on the topic...
slackx is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 12:44 AM #9
FoCo(No.Co)
Barned

FoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really nice
I'm going to make my contribution to the "additives are bogus" crowd...

These buds are all at day 45, in nothing but coco, fed only Maxibloom and H202(instead of bubbling in a res prior to feeding).

Urkle

BOG Bubble

SourDKush

They are small because I can only run about 20 Watts/sq.ft. due to the heat in the summer, but you get the picture.

"We're down with chillin, not killin... knaw what I'm sayyyn?"
FoCo(No.Co) is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 12:47 AM #10
Japanfreakier
Banned

Japanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the roughJapanfreakier is a jewel in the rough
I wouldn't mind trying some silica
Japanfreakier is offline Quote