Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > ph rapidly dropping ppm stays the same?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
ph rapidly dropping ppm stays the same? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2009, 02:53 AM #11
Technique

Technique will become famous soon enoughTechnique will become famous soon enough
I'm having a similar problem here. running a 4 tub 8 Plant recirculating dwc.

Ec of our tap water is .1 Ph is around 7
Nutrient mix of canna Vega is around 1.8ec ph starts on around 5.3-5.6
Ph keeps dropping every day! i'm leaning more towards some fungal problem..

since i am also running one plant in its own non recirculating dwc with a Canna mix ec of 2.0 and ph will stay on 5.4 with only a small variation.

should we try for some h2oh to try flush out the problem?

Old 05-17-2009, 12:15 PM #12
Standaman

Standaman will become famous soon enoughStandaman will become famous soon enough
My PH swings from 5.5-6.5 i just use a lil PH down but i'm gonna flush it in a bit and start again, i just cant take the risk, i have read not to be too anal about PH swings in veg but i find my self stuck between right and wrong. But its all good fun
Standaman is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2009, 11:23 PM #13
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standaman View Post
Hey hydro-Soil i just read what you said about Res temps mine are up i have got them down a bit today by swapping my airstones there are two per pot and lots of bubbles now

My air pump is a 10w/10L per min. Should i go bigger to compensate?

Thanks
You have a 10 watt airpump? I wouldn't use a res size any larger than 10 gallons. 7-8 gallons if you have higher temps.

It's 1 watt of airpump per gallon of water but I'd go as high as 1.5w/gallon in warm areas of the country.
Hydro-Soil is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 02:25 AM #14
Standaman

Standaman will become famous soon enoughStandaman will become famous soon enough
Well my total water in the system is 80 litres the pump i'm considering is a 38w/84L per min
maybe a bit too big but i'm thinking as the roots get bigger it wouldn't be a bad thing
Standaman is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 07:40 AM #15
turbolaser4528

turbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the rough
thanks again for the help, you guys are great

I got this lucas thing down, stopped using the hardwater micro, switched to the regular micro and I have no more problems, ph stays very stable

Just bought the eco plus 3 commercial air pump its 36watts/~80lpm, should be good for a 30 gallon res with 68 degree water temps right?

Will post results of my final yield in about a week. take care all
turbolaser4528 is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 05:15 PM #16
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolaser4528 View Post
thanks again for the help, you guys are great

I got this lucas thing down, stopped using the hardwater micro, switched to the regular micro and I have no more problems, ph stays very stable

Just bought the eco plus 3 commercial air pump its 36watts/~80lpm, should be good for a 30 gallon res with 68 degree water temps right?

Will post results of my final yield in about a week. take care all
AWESOME!!! So glad things are back on track for ya. Go You!

Yes, that pump should be excellent
Hydro-Soil is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 PM #17
turbolaser4528

turbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the roughturbolaser4528 is a jewel in the rough
thank you for the support my friend, im going to chop the g13 x nycd's today muahaha!!!
turbolaser4528 is offline Quote