Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Your best yeild improving "tricks"!!??!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Your best yeild improving "tricks"!!??! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2009, 06:15 PM #1
uninformed

uninformed is on a distinguished road
Your best yeild improving "tricks"!!??!

Some of us have the basics down for cultivating acceptable flowers, be it in soil or in Hydro. However, the basics can only get you so far.

What is it that you've discovered to help your plants improve yield?

Did you discover that plants produce more weight when grown au naturale (no topping, scrogging, LST'ing) or did the produce more when they were trained?

Was it the addition of C02 into the garden that helped you produce?

Was it adding a specific nutrient during the flower/veg cycle that helped produce more weight.

Are you using UV lights, Fluro's or MH along with your HPS and do you find this to help produce more yield?

What, if any, are your tricks to get the most out of a single plant?
uninformed is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2009, 06:17 PM #2
LolaGal

The best way to get the most out of a single plant is to cut it up and make 1000 clones...

Old 04-11-2009, 06:28 PM #3
uninformed

uninformed is on a distinguished road
Of course... I should specify - Beyond taking cuttings, what is the best way to get the most of a single plant?
uninformed is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2009, 08:01 PM #4
A-phorm

A-phorm is on a distinguished road
I'll keep an eye on this one. Im interested to see what people have to say. My past few grows I have fim'd, but this time, on my current grow I fim'd and did some lst. By the looks of it I'll be getting more this time and I think it's because of the lst. The canopy with the lst seems to be alot more even than with fiming or topping alone. However, I have yet to finish this grow so we shall see.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:44 PM #5
ESCOknows
RELAX AND TAKE NOTES

ESCOknows will become famous soon enoughESCOknows will become famous soon enough
supercroping
ESCOknows is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2009, 09:53 PM #6
bigleek

bigleek will become famous soon enough
LOLLYPOP
bigleek is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2009, 10:53 PM #7
EMj

EMj is on a distinguished road
If the environment is spot on and you have your nutes dialed in then I would say genetics. If you have good genetics, then optimizing your nutrients and Ph levels over the course of the flowering cycle should further dial you in to a gram a watt or better. Of course the most light possible and a good CO2 controller will help as well.
EMj is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2009, 11:16 PM #8
Greyskull

In veg, I top my plants at the 4th node (one the 5th node is visible I snip it off) - this encourages 4 main growing branches.

Then I supercrop/stall the main leads to encourage the bottom arms to stretch up and join the mains at the canopy. Supercropping/stalling/breaking the inner hurd not only stalls the mains, but it also bulks up the stems at the bud sights allowing them to build & support bigger buds.

Between bloom weeks 1-3 (days 1-20) I remove the bottom 30% of all the sucker branches and bud sights that would end up in the trim pile for the sake of forcing the plant to direct all its flowering energies into the tops.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:05 AM #9
d4twamp
I M D 1

d4twamp will become famous soon enough
Just like Greyskull said...Thats some good info.. I too top or fim at the 4th-5th node then top those too at their 2nd nodes.. I super crop(smash and bend the branches downward) just like GS said, it causes the branches to knot up and get fat, trim off the bottom shelf(and root) about a week or so into bloom...Tieing down and or scrogging them as well has gotten me larger yeilds too..

What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. - Napoleon Hill

d4twamp is offline Quote

Old 04-12-2009, 12:18 AM #10
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant future
If growing in soil the simplest method is bigger pots for the roots. Then there's multi topping, though anything over 6 tops stops increasing yield. Then there's longer veg times. Then theres more light.
GMT is offline Quote