What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What should I do? Accidental revegging

Chappi

4 plants outdoors
Been flowering for 6weeks
Were pollinated at 2 weeks

My stupid neighbor decided to install lights in his back yard that stay on at night and I didn’t realize it until last week, I noticed my buds on one plant started growing leaflets and foxtailing like dr grinspoon, at first I thought it was just shitty genetics but then I realized what was going on when I brought them in one night due to a frost advisory.

Currently they are in a 2x2 tent inside under 60w led, will probably put up a 400w hps but before I do that I wonder if it’s worth it? Plant’s are less than 3 ft tall and barely have any weight on them due to cold temps and little direct sunlight.

What should I do? Will they go back to normal after they get over the shock? How much more time will this add before they finish, another 4 weeks? How will this affect the buds? They already look like shit on two of the plants. What will happen to the seeds? Premature seeds is the worst thing making them unsmokeable imo...fuck, will they abort the seeds lol?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
my assumption is that they were outside in pots of some sort and not in the ground... you did bring them inside.:biggrin:
if it was so cold you should have brought them inside sooner but it is what it is.. personally, I'd clone what you have and start again... 2-3 weeks from now...>>inside.:biggrin:

2x2 feet? meters, right? 400w will do and help keep the house warm..

Chappi

It’s not that cold in soCal but it was below 50 degrees Farenheit and the frost advisory scared me lol

Usually around 45-52 and I thought they could probably handle it.

The problem is that they do have seeds in them and as far as cloning there is nothing to clone, I didn’t top and there’s just one long cola.

Maybe I’ll just let them finish until the seeds mature.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
start new seeds now and be ready to start again when the beans are good to go. I believe they would still need to be dried?cured? sumtin.

St. Phatty

Sounds like the seeds have 4 weeks on them which is often enough.

I usually let pollinated plants go as long as possible after pollination.

One option is to concentrate on the seeds. Then it's a question of, will that go better if they are put in a veg. or a flower light cycle.

My guess is, the flower light cycle.

I have found the reversion to veg. can take up to 4 months under 24/0 lighting, after the plants have had their flowering cycle disturbed.

Since the seeds are close to being done, you could give them the TLC treatment (good plant care with more light) for another 2 weeks, then move the plants to a lesser light (so that seed set can continue) while you use your main light to grow a new crop of proper buds.

Chappi

start new seeds now and be ready to start again when the beans are good to go. I believe they would still need to be dried?cured? sumtin.

That’s a good idea snook. I made f2’s of these seeds but it’s not what I was planning on growing next so that might be something to do.

Sounds like the seeds have 4 weeks on them which is often enough.

I usually let pollinated plants go as long as possible after pollination.

One option is to concentrate on the seeds. Then it's a question of, will that go better if they are put in a veg. or a flower light cycle.

My guess is, the flower light cycle.

I have found the reversion to veg. can take up to 4 months under 24/0 lighting, after the plants have had their flowering cycle disturbed.

Since the seeds are close to being done, you could give them the TLC treatment (good plant care with more light) for another 2 weeks, then move the plants to a lesser light (so that seed set can continue) while you use your main light to grow a new crop of proper buds.

Hey St. P, I hear 4 weeks should be good for seed development but not sure how long they’ve been re-vegging. Also not sure how re-vegging stress affect seed set, I could see the plant rejecting the pollen altogether. So far I found one dried up calyx with a small seed inside, the rest don’t seem to have any seed, I squeezed a few and felt nothing solid inside. There’s also the factor of the low temps, I noticed growth slow to a crawl once temps dropped to the 50’s at night.

I’ve put up the 400w HPS cooltube with exhaust and carbon filter, fucking pain in the ass in such a small tent. Today I found some aphids...fk, just like 2-3 but still. I ordered some lady bugs they should be here next week, I don’t wanna spray anything at this point. Just going to let them go for another four weeks and see what happens. It’l be interesting to see if the plant rejected the pollen or if seed development continues. I’ll post an update here in a few weeks.

Thanks for the input.

Chappi

Little update on what happened.

On pollen rejection:
The plant seems to have rejected 99% of the pollen as I only found 2 mature seeds in the plant. The rest were rejected by the plant and either turned into new growth or were dropped by the plant half formed. I did find a few duds(5) that crumbled after applying some pressure.

On flowering after accidental re-veg:
Some plants were only slightly affected by the re-veg. One just had stunted growth while two(purple phenos) began to reveg a lot. The green pheno(sister of the purple phenos) did not reveg noticeably but did kick out a couple of nanners.

Overall weight was sad, bud to leaf ratio was pathetic on the purple phenos. The ones least affected suffered greatly as far as yields go.