What's new

Seedling saved.

WeefNugginelli

So one of my boys found a seed in a bag of really good bud and gave it to me to pop. I set it in the rapid rooter and it popped in a couple of days. Everything was fine but I ended up having to work late one night and found the seedling looked dead like it dried out. It was a weird situation because it seemed dead from mid-seedling stem down but half way up to the cotylon leaves looked fine. So I decided I would experiment a little and I cut the seedling at the point where it was dead and placed it in water and about 10 minutes later cut the end at a 45 and scraped up the sides a little dipped it in rooting gel and stuck it in a rapid rooter. A week later roots were visible and I just planted her into a solo cup of soil today.

Just a word of advice for anyone who thinks a seedling is doomed maybe this can help

WeefNugginelli

5245BCAB-8AA4-43C2-892D-7DE94D2C1F7E.jpg

This is the seedling before I planted it today

G

Good save my friend!! I would however suggest that you think back and try to figure out what caused the first failure. It really sounded to me like overwatering but could have been a damping-off issue.

Easy7

Veteran
I don't mess with bag seed myself. Not saying it couldn't be fine weed. Too many unknowns sometimes regarding hermi issues.

What was the bud like?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice save!

I don't mess with bag seed myself. Not saying it couldn't be fine weed. Too many unknowns sometimes regarding hermi issues.

What was the bud like?

Haha...
You didn’t even read the whole post, did you?

G

So one of my boys found a seed in a bag of really good bud and gave it to me to pop. I set it in the rapid rooter and it popped in a couple of days. Everything was fine but I ended up having to work late one night and found the seedling looked dead like it dried out. It was a weird situation because it seemed dead from mid-seedling stem down but half way up to the cotylon leaves looked fine. So I decided I would experiment a little and I cut the seedling at the point where it was dead and placed it in water and about 10 minutes later cut the end at a 45 and scraped up the sides a little dipped it in rooting gel and stuck it in a rapid rooter. A week later roots were visible and I just planted her into a solo cup of soil today.

Just a word of advice for anyone who thinks a seedling is doomed maybe this can help

Be sure you punch a few holes in the bottom of the solo cup. Hoping you chose the 18 oz cup.

WeefNugginelli

Be sure you punch a few holes in the bottom of the solo cup. Hoping you chose the 18 oz cup.

Yes I did, I had her in this box I built about 2 x 2 x 2 with some other seedlings I just popped and some cuts I took during flower, I just put them in my grow room under my Gavita

Easy7

Veteran
He just said good bud and that says very little to me. Some people think brick is good bud.

Maybe it's african? Maybe it's european? Maybe it's actually a very coveted self seed.

I did pop some bag seed once. It was fruity like sensi skunk and had fat leaves. It could of been a nice plant but I worked with a make shift bread rack with a blanket at a window...so ya it hermid. Also flowered some early durban from sam through gypsy. I really enjoyed looking at the perfect trichs on the early durban. Low, sorta fat, and all lined up looking sexy.

Kinda sucks growing in rentals with a low budget and a world of seed dreams.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
That's definitely new information I haven't ever encountered, thanks! If I ever have any new problems mutual to the problem you endured to apply it to mine, bless up brother and thank you for the helpful content :tiphat: