What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help I need advice asap

I've read the entire post from "joes guide to sick plants" and I cannot determine the issue with my babies. They are in veg still, week 4 and almost ready to flip but they look so stressed out. I'll attach some pictures. It's buba kush.. I've been flushing them with water the last couple feeds but no change yet and I'm worried. I know it's nutrient lockout of some sort but I have not a clue where to start.
The leaves have gone from the healthy looking one in the middle to all the new growth looking narrow and ribbed, tiger stripped almost and liming out and pale

Attachments

• 20171127_202040.jpg
    20171127_202040.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 10

troutman

Seed Whore
I'll take a guess that it's magnesium lacking but could be nitrogen as well. So maybe add a bit of both.

Unlike a magnesium deficiency, nitrogen def will start from the tips and work its way back to the leaf node. Nitrogen and Magnesium get confused. The best way to tell them apart is, nitrogen deficiency starts around the tips and works its way to the back of the leaves, where a magnesium deficiency will cover the entire outer part of the leave and make the entire leaves yellow leaving the veins to stay green.
Your veins look green. So I vote for lack of magnesium.

Go slow with Epsom salt. :tiphat:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=163835&postcount=1

Thanks troutman for pointing me in the right direction! I've made my way over to the infirmary and did a fair share of reading
I really am a noob so ur response is appreciated ��

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
What light are you vegging under? What is the distance from the light to the canopy?

How often and what are they drinking?

What light are you vegging under? What is the distance from the light to the canopy?

How often and what are they drinking?

They are under 600w digilums with 4+ft of clearance between them
Drinking every other day

Using house & garden
In coco
Just did a cal/mag & super thrive solution feed to boost the magnesium

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Sounds like most posters agree it's time for Cal-Mag. I use 3 ml of Cal-Mag per gallon of water from about 3 weeks until harvest.

troutman

Seed Whore
They are under 600w digilums with 4+ft of clearance between them
Drinking every other day

Using house & garden
In coco
Just did a cal/mag & super thrive solution feed to boost the magnesium

Bingo. :woohoo:

Coir is naturally rich in potassium, which can lead to magnesium and calcium deficiencies in soilless horticultural media.
From here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coir

I was going to ask you if you were using coco.

This is why a lot of people use cal/mag supplements when they grow in coco.

maimunji

Tap or Ro water? If tap how much ppm. How much cal mag in tap water?
H&G cocos rock using them for years with my tap water 44 ppm cal 10 ppm mag 150 ppm total no cal mag def on any plants. I learn to never add cal mag with coco there is too much N in cal mag fucking everything. Good luck.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never feed water to coco. It has no nutrients and requires constant feeding.

Head over to the coco coir subforum for better advice. Upload a picture of a whole plant and state feed water EC and pH.

ptyred

I had the same issue, at first I thought it was CAL/MAG, but it actually was that the lights were too close to the top of the plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts