What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rcco's organic LED grow

rcco

Veteran
Hey!

I decided to share my little led grow on IC.
May be some of you know me as silver surfer on Opengrow forum.
I'm growing under LEDs since 2011. I'm french so forgive me for my poor english!

Here is the veg setup today, it's a 2x4 propagator but it is not full.

Lighting is full LED, with a special veg spectrum from ISLED, V2.3 spectrum (450nm 6500K 635nm 660nm) and it works very well. 8W/engine for the passive rails at 500mA, 11W/ engine at 700mA for the active cooling lamp. OSRAM SOLON SSL80 top bin emitters.

Genetics (all regular):

- 5x DJS blueberry, old pack, i had 7 beans, i lost 2, 5 left, and one is very tiny and looks like a freaky blueberry plant! i love her, may be i will be able to switch her to 12/12 in 2019! she a slowwwww grower

- 8x Motarebel's Twisted fruit V2, one is very very tiny so 7 left

- 1x cannalope haze DNA regular, i love this strain. The other beans did not germinate, it was a very old pack.

- 2x cannalope haze x tangie (i started 6 beans but i have lost 4 because of insects). It is a personal cross that i have made with an elite cannalope clone and a very good reserva privada Tangie male. I will make a selecta with at least 20 plants in the future.

Soil is light mix, with bacterias, mychorysae, and all organic ferts.

Flowering will be in a 150x80cm tent (5x3) with LEDs, flower spectrum V4.0PF ISLED, 24VDC rails with OSLONS top bin.

Can't wait to see how much ladies i will get!

Good vibes and thanks for your support!

Attachments

• box cr leds 1.jpg
    box cr leds 1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 11
  • BB'S 1.jpg
    BB'S 1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 11
  • mota's 1.jpg
    mota's 1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 11
  • box cr 1.jpg
    box cr 1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 10
  • cannalope 1.jpg
    cannalope 1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 11

rcco

Veteran
Hey Gaius, hey Roosta,

you are welcome. I'm pretty sure it will be a nice grow.
All the plants are doing well. I will post new pics soon.

The blueberries are fine, and the mota's have already a strong smell on the leaves, it is a bit unusual to smell so much at this stage (except when your name is new york city diesel ^^ )

I will receive my new LED grow lights designed for flowering soon, i can't wait. The plants will be transplanted soon in bigger pots and go to sexing. I have no time to wait for longer vegging.

The cannalope and one cannalope x tangie are under 12/12 since 4 days and the CxT seems to be a male. I hope the cannalope will be a female. The strange thing about this cannalope is that i sprouted 6 plants from a 13 reg seeds pack, and they were all females. Did DNA put female seeds in a reg pack? or may be i had luck.

I ordered 10x DP's blueberry pack and 20x Chimera's grapefruit x blueberry, so next grows will be with BBs and Blue hybrids. I am searching for the perfect high indica, i had a DJS BB 3 years ago but i have lost her and i am missing her. he was from the same DJS pack than the 5 plants i am growing now.

BBs don't like high N nutes, so i am very carefully now with ferts.

Greetz!

Attachments

• gallery_3562_3094_58804.jpg
    gallery_3562_3094_58804.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 13
  • med_gallery_3562_3094_100163.jpg
    med_gallery_3562_3094_100163.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 11
  • med_gallery_3562_3094_4301.jpg
    med_gallery_3562_3094_4301.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 14
  • med_gallery_3562_3094_24382.jpg
    med_gallery_3562_3094_24382.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 11
  • gallery_3562_3094_153801.jpg
    gallery_3562_3094_153801.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 9

rcco

Veteran
Hey,

a little update, all the plants from seeds are under 12/12 now, under veg/bloom spectrum. So it is some king of SOG, i don't have the time to wait for longer vegging.

Sexing comes very fast, IMAO it is because of the led light and spectrum (but this spectrum veg/bloom has no far red led, so it is a bit surprising).
I will wait a bit and switch to a full bloom spectrum with higher 660nm, lower blue, and a good far red peak.

The cannalope haze is a nice female, very little stretcher, looks promising. The twisted fruit are doing well, they already smell.

The 5 blueberries DJS: 2 indica phenotypes with almost no smell on the stems => they will probably have no fruity smell and taste or very little. I am searching for the fruity phenos, maybe hard to find in this batch (it is a pack from DJ Short bought circa 2010 at Attitude).

1 blueberry is a very nice stretchy phénotype with thinner leaves, and a nice purple/fruity smell on the stem, so i can expect something fruitier and tastier. But it seems it is a male, anyway i will keep it, looks promising.

I have another "not very indica" smelly phenotype, but small plant with very little vigour, but who knows, may be a good one.

The last blueberry is the freak, now doing well but almost dwarf, so she will need a very long vegging. Unfortunately i can post only 5 pics.

I bought a 10 pack Blueberry from Dutch Passion, imao it is possible to find nice fruity phenos. 12 years ago my first indoor grow was DP blueberry fem and Paradise seeds Amsterdam flame. The BB was a bit hermie but the taste was unforgettable!

Greetz

Attachments

• BBs i.jpg
    BBs i.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 11
  • BBK.jpg
    BBK.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 12
  • CH.jpg
    CH.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 11
  • all.jpg
    all.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 16
  • box.jpg
    box.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 14

rcco

Veteran
HI,

I have no luck with these seeds, only 3 females / 11 seeds.

5 blueberries DJS => 3 males, one female, one small plant still in veg.

8 twisted fruit V2 => 5 males, 2 nice females, one very small and sick plant

Fortunately i had many Sonic screwdriver (Subcool) cuttings. This pheno is very special, small yield but very strong sativa high, energetic, trippy, may be she have some THCV from the JTR father, she is strong medicine. Very resinous. She don't like to be topped or LSTed, it is a SOG plant.

800 micromoles everywhere at 30cm, could not expect a better coverage.

the cannalope haze DNA, very Cindy99 looking, i love this strain, i have never been disapointed with DNA's cannalope haze (i was with chocolope!). CH is a great strain, fast, good yield, good taste, good high and good looking! She is big now after 2 weeks of 12/12, she drink 1,5L every 2 days.

The Sonic#4 cuttings, SOG style, 2 gallons smart pots

the Blueberry/CH/TFV2 side

The setup

greetz!

Attachments

• cannalope.jpg
    cannalope.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12
  • PPFD.jpg
    PPFD.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 11
  • box droite.jpg
    box droite.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 11
  • box gauche.jpg
    box gauche.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 14

kruko

thats unlucky :( but atleast you got some good replacement!!
everything looking aaa. i really like your setup.

kruko

on the last pic you can really see the big fans of the right plants. so nice :) also im looking forward how it turns out, 1 side sog - 1 side more of a scrogg style.
how big are your pots?

rcco

Veteran
the big fans of the right plant it is the cannalope, it is a 11l pot (3 gallon), the blueberry is in 11L plastic pot, the 2x Twisted fruits are in 7L plastic pots, and the sonics are in 2 gallon 7L smart pots.

I LST the plants who like to be LSTed and i SOG the sonics because they don't like LST or topping.

greetz!

rcco

Veteran
cannalope is in a 11L square flexible PLANTIT "dirt pot", but imao it is 12-13L when it is filled with soil.

Sonics are in 7L smart pots, 8 sonics are in Canna pro plus soil with ******'s buffer tablets, and 3 sonics are in Mills-DNA supersoil, it is a side by side test, i love the canna pro plus, but i don't trust the Mills ultimate soil, we will see!

rcco

Veteran
cannalope is in a 11L cube flexible PLANTIT "dirt pot", but imao it is 12-13L when it is filled with soil.

Sonics are in 7L (maybe 8L, 2 gallons) Smart Pots, 8 sonics are in Canna pro plus soil with ******'s buffer tablets, and 3 sonics are in Mills-DNA supersoil, it is a side by side test, i love the canna pro plus, but i don't trust the Mills ultimate soil, we will see!

rcco

Veteran
Is it possible to delete a post? how?

2018 update, all plants are going very well. I moved the cannalope haze to a 2x2 tent and replaced her with the last blueberry, not sexed (it seems to be a male). I have too much plants now in the 150x80cm tent, they are to big. They grew so much!

Blueberry, the only female on 5 seeds.

Sonic#4 (Subcool's sonic screwdriver) SOG, very very resinous.

the SOG Sonic#4 side:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?
attachmentid=440783&thumb=1

Twisted fruits and blueberries side

Greetz

Attachments

• IMG_1376.jpg
    IMG_1376.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1381.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1379.jpg
    IMG_1379.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 10

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Lookin' good! Have you ever considered including some uv diodes, possibly 410nm into the spectrum?

rcco

Veteran
410nm is not real UV, it is almost blue. If you want a good benefit with UV (higher THC and terpenes, healthier plants, stronger stems, keep the insects away) you need UV between 310nm and 380nm. These LEDS are very costly and dangerous for eyes and skin.

I have no UV in my spectrum because the LED engines that i am using have no UV emitters, but it is a perfect spectrum for blooming, useful at more than 96% by MJ plant.

This LED engine technology is 24VDC, the constant current driver is on the engine, and the led string needs to be around 24V, if you add another LED (for ex a UV led) to the engine, you will have 27V or more and it won't work.

The benefit of UV is real but it is not necessary, ad it is only a small benefit.

And i think that THC levels in my plants are enough :)

greetz

rcco

Veteran
Glad to see that someone is following this topic RoostaPish!

pics of the super frosty Sonic Screwdriver #4 Sadhu cut

The last pic, Twisted fruit V2 sativa phéno, very frosty too for this early flowering stage, very lemony scent, hazy/lemony i would say, looks promising

greetz

Attachments

• IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 11

rcco

Veteran
I moved the cannalope haze in another tent (2x2= 60x60cm) with same led spectrum ISLED V4PF, because i had too much plants in the 150x80 tent.

She had a bit of nutrients issues because of the new soil i am using, MIlls DNA with cork. I wont't go again with this soil and will go back to Canna pro plus soil + ****** buffer tablets, wich is the best combo IMAO.

She is frosty, yields very well nice buds with supernice bag appeal, smells great typical cannalope haze melon/pineaple + a touch of haze. I love this strain. This pheno is great. I have another pheno that i selected 10 years ago which is a bit different, i will run her for the next grow.

greetz!

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 12

rcco

Veteran
the sonic#4s (11 plants) today

some apical chlorosis because of too much PPFD, i thought it was ok but now some buds are white on the top, i was searching for the PPFD limit, now i know it, 800 micromoles/m2/s are too much with this spectrum.

The blueberry plant is sensitive too to high PPFD, more than the other plants. Now i know that some plants have not the same PPFD limit than others.

greetz

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 12

rcco

Veteran
The Twisted fruits V2 today

The sativa pheno, very very resinous, super lemony smell, great!!! i'm drooling!

TFV2 indica phenos, looks very similar, but very leafy. And the need more space but i have not, too much plants in the tent.

The blueberry plant, the only female on 5 plants, very low smell, not fruity or very light, smell like peanuts, very sweet smell...we will see... but i already know that the high will be great, that's for the high that i grew this strain. Very sensitive to nutes and sensitive to high PPFD.

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg