What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Chem and Chemmy Jones

kruko

yea.. thats strange :p

aight, i wish you a good begin of harvest. 1 week and its dry? thats not to good tbh. would try to let it dry slower ;)

UncleBens

Thats a good point, I thought it was Tuesday for some reason haha
I think there will be a few wee dry bits by the weekend though.

lizard_9

Your Chemmy looks nice Uncle, how about their smell ?
OG Chem did really great for me, kept a mother of one very chemdog phenotype wich is straight "armpit/garlic/gas", 0% sweetness, 100% dank ^^!
Like your Chemmy it's a slow flowering cultivar until week 5 or so, then it thrives til 70 days.

I'd have one question to OJD, i also noticed a peak in the smell about week 6 it gets really agressive then fades a bit, still stinky af but a bit watered down.
Is there something to know about that ?

UncleBens

Day 72 and still no amber trich's, has anyone had chemmy jones go past 70 days?

Im really wanting to harvest as quality wise they look to be some of the best shit ive done in years! Dont want to be too hasty!

Cuts are powering along nicely too :biggrin:

Here they are on day 19 or 20 of 12/12

picture.php
picture.php

Rubbish pictures sorry...

UncleBens

Your Chemmy looks nice Uncle, how about their smell ?
OG Chem did really great for me, kept a mother of one very chemdog phenotype wich is straight "armpit/garlic/gas", 0% sweetness, 100% dank ^^!
Like your Chemmy it's a slow flowering cultivar until week 5 or so, then it thrives til 70 days.

I'd have one question to OJD, i also noticed a peak in the smell about week 6 it gets really agressive then fades a bit, still stinky af but a bit watered down.
Is there something to know about that ?

They smell beautiful, pretty hard to describe. Its a spicy, menthol chem smell, very very nice.

This pheno is way more chem smelling

picture.php
picture.php

This one very spicy

picture.php
picture.php

Ive had the smell fade after week 6 on quite a few strains, my cannalope haze especially. After 8 weeks the smell vanishes completely, as does the taste. Annoying as the stone is great if she goes 9 weeks.

The chemmy's still stink though, particularly the buds near the bottom of the plant, but it has faded slightly overall.

The OG chem seedlings are veging away slowly, i had them too far from the light but sorted that now, going to repot them today.
What version of OG chem do you have?

Cheers

aquavitae

hey Uncle Bens,

that is a great thread you have going there. could you maybe give us a lowdown
on your setup? looking mighty fine, couple of them have a nice fade going.

nice work!

AV

UncleBens

hey Uncle Bens,

that is a great thread you have going there. could you maybe give us a lowdown
on your setup? looking mighty fine, couple of them have a nice fade going.

nice work!

AV

Hi Aquavitae

Im growing in a Budbox 2.4x1.2 tent with two 400v 600 watt HPS, but im going to add a 315 watt CDM in the next couple weeks.
Usually I use coco but these are in soil fed with Biocanna nutes, been ok but I prefer the coco to be honest.
Extraction is a 10" rvk with a hybrid controller, moves a lot of air even on lower speed when its virtually silent(sounds like a fighter jet if it goes full speed though!).Intake is a 6" fan I think.

Veg space is about 1m2 with a 250 or 400 watt MH depending on how many im vegging. I might change the veg setup though, maybe try t5s or a 315 watt CDM...

Anyone grown hippys private stash?

:)

aquavitae

hey uncle bens

those are some lovely fall colours you have going on there, or should I say your ladies ;)
its obviously down to personal preference, but why do you prefer coco over soil?

some great harvest pics, surely they will smoke at least as good as they look :) nice work

AV

UncleBens

hey uncle bens

those are some lovely fall colours you have going on there, or should I say your ladies ;)
its obviously down to personal preference, but why do you prefer coco over soil?

some great harvest pics, surely they will smoke at least as good as they look :) nice work

AV

Thanks! I agree about the colours, very nice! 3 out of 5 went that yellow/purple colour. Am I right in thinking the colour comes from the Casey jones side?

On the coco, I get much better yields with it, and theres less medium needed, less repotting etc. Also it can be automated with drippers if im away for a while which is great.
I guess the quality from soil is a little better but Im not sure by how much tbh.

:)

UncleBens

Anybody found og chem to be extemely slow in veg? They are a month old now and were only on their third node! I topped them yesterday but im thinking of culling them to be honest...

About to order more seeds anyway, hippy private stash looks appealing to me :)

Americangrower

Veteran
Great looking ladies. Any sour from the purple 1's?
Chemmy Jones thats the fem seeds of Chem jones right? I have a few Chem Jones seeds I plan on popping with hope of finding a male to hit Schmoes Casey Jones.

UncleBens

Great looking ladies. Any sour from the purple 1's?
Chemmy Jones thats the fem seeds of Chem jones right? I have a few Chem Jones seeds I plan on popping with hope of finding a male to hit Schmoes Casey Jones.

Chemmy jones is casey jones x chemdog d i think... they were reg seeds.
The purple ones are hanging right now, ill be doing a smoke report in a week or two :) they were quite spicy/diesel smelling while growing.

aquavitae

hey uncle bens thank you for your answer
seems like many growers experience increased yield when switching over to coco

nice that you had such success as to that you want to order more from csg

looking out for your report

AV

UncleBens

Cheers mate! Yeah coco is great stuff, the cuttings are loving the coco... way better than the soil plants so far :)

Definately doing more from csg in the near future!

UncleBens

Just flash dried some popcorn on my mantlepeice above the fire... Its STRONG!
I usually smoke pure grass J's and can puff away like its a cig, but I tried the Chemy in a small pipe and after 2 I was high as fuck lol
One of the phenos has an amazing pine/menthol taste, best tasting stuff Ive had in years if not ever! This was also the best yielder too so win win!