What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Be careful out there!

Teh_Baker

So, you may not have heard about this but a homeowner was shot and killed when he confronted to gorilla Growers on his own property. This happened right in my own neck of the woods. It hasn't been confirmed yet whether the gorilla Growers were Mexican cartel or not, but what other hobby grower would shoot a property owner when confronted about growing on their property?

It makes me sick to think about it, but the homeowner left a fully disabled wife in a wheelchair, and three kids behind!

I guess the moral is just be careful out there. If you know, or even just think, that somebody could be growing illegally on your property call the sheriff. Have the sheriff walk out there. At least the sheriff will be wearing a bulletproof jacket.

Last edited:
B

bigganjabud

So, you may not have heard about this but a homeowner was shot and killed when he confronted to gorilla Growers on his own property. This happened right in my own backyard. It hasn't been confirmed yet whether the gorilla Growers were Mexican cartel or not, but what other hobby grower would shoot a property owner when confronted about growing on their property?

It makes me sick to think about it, but the homeowner left a fully disabled wife in a wheelchair, and three kids behind!

I guess the moral is just be careful out there. If you know, or even just think, that somebody could be growing illegally on your property call the sheriff. Have the sheriff walk out there. At least the sheriff will be wearing a bulletproof jacket.

Shit man are you and your family OK?

Pretty crazy situation bro Erm have you searched your property just incase?

Positivity and calming rays your way

Teh_Baker

Bgb, thanks for your vibes! Yes we are ok. Heavy times out here right now. It didnt happen on my property, i meant backyard metaphorically. Its in my neighborhood. My wife actually knew the guy!

Teh_Baker

And yes, we have walked the property. We have had our own share of goings ons... a stolen truck, a truckload of trash, and a dead guy in a car. All separate events, but all exciting in their own way. The dead guy was the craziest though. Stroked out and drove off the road straight down a 100ft gulley on my property.

OldPhart

Damn that sucks.

Maybe one day every home on the planet will have a personal grow in the basement or back yard. Then the ass hats that are trying to cash in, won't have any incentive to do stupid shit.

B

bigganjabud

Bgb, thanks for your vibes! Yes we are ok. Heavy times out here right now. It didnt happen on my property, i meant backyard metaphorically. Its in my neighborhood. My wife actually knew the guy!

Dude I'm happy it's been minimal stress on you and the familys part mate so glad your all well but might be time to get some BIG DOGS like a pack of wolf's or something!!

S

sourpuss

home invasion is always going on. stay safe for sure.. legal or not...

Teh_Baker

Davesnothere, this happened in Oakhurst, CA. You can look up the news story.

Sourpuss, of course home invasions and muggings and the like are always happening. This was none of the above. This was something that acreage owners in my area need to be aware of. Anymore when you see someone trespassing you cant confront them...

Davesnothere420

Davesnothere, this happened in Oakhurst, CA. You can look up the news story.

Sourpuss, of course home invasions and muggings and the like are always happening. This was none of the above. This was something that acreage owners in my area need to be aware of. Anymore when you see someone trespassing you cant confront them...

just looked it up thats terrible u figure wit all the money in herion n coke the mexican cartel would just leave our weed alone.

master kusher

I'm surprised that the the mexican cartels pick California of all places to guerilla grow knowing that the fed.s fly over often, they must have some pretty big balls. Speaking of Cali. I'm thinking about buying a house on some acreage there, but have no idea how much that would cost.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Cali got expensive a long time ago... you'd need deep pockets to buy in here.

I see ads on Craig's list now for fully setup grow ops in the NorCal woods - you could walk in and start growing tomorrow for a mere $15,000 US Dollars per month, and that is with ONE YEAR'S RENT IN ADVANCE.

I am stunned actually... between the greed and the thieves, here in California it is a mess.

Teh_Baker

Dont look on CL for ready to grow properties. Just look in real estate publications in the areas you want to live. Depending on where you want, houses with acreage can be had for reasonable prices. 180k a year plus 180k deposit? Just to rent, no ownership? Yeah, fuck that!

EasyGoing

Cali got expensive a long time ago... you'd need deep pockets to buy in here.

I see ads on Craig's list now for fully setup grow ops in the NorCal woods - you could walk in and start growing tomorrow for a mere $15,000 US Dollars per month, and that is with ONE YEAR'S RENT IN ADVANCE.

I am stunned actually... between the greed and the thieves, here in California it is a mess.

Dont forget about code enforcement.

Easy7

Veteran
Only dummies bring weapons on a grow and the fully stupid use those weapons.

It's an extra charge!

Growing is all about sneaking around, not shooting at people.

master kusher

I disagree I think that it's fine to bring weapons so long as they are legal (you're in the middle of the woods don't forget) and fully support people using them if they are in fear of their life or to shoo off rippers

also as far as living in Cali. wouldn't the correct approach be to contact a lone company or something LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts