What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning in flower

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Anyone have any ideas of what is to expect if I take a cut or 3 to root of the prized male I want to keep? He's dispersing pollen already I just want to make sure I save him in case any of my f1 progeny are to be popular and in demand once they drop already saved 3 males 2 of the sugar cookie pheno male of gsc forum bc1f2 And a jamaican kings bread male now I want to save my forum dominant male because I see tons of potential in him

Betterhaff

Veteran
Never taken cuts from pollen dropping males but have revegged them. It takes a bit of work and not all will do it. I found removing any or all male flowers to help and this is the work part of it because they keep wanting to throw sacs. I would think the same would apply to rooting cuts of flowering males.

I have some female cuts I took very late in flower and they seem to be rooted but are taking a very long time to turn around but some look to be starting.

Took cuts 7 weeks into bloom. 10 days since they were placed in cloner, just starting to show some nubs. Ill try to update as things progress

you do not tell if its an indica or a sativa ....

as others said even if its indica and difficult to revegetate ,you can .

one of the problem you'll find sometimes with indicas ,when you take cuts really late in flowering ,is molt problem.30 days its the limit for this problem ,happends more at 40/45 days .

Its been roughly 2.5 weeks since they've gone into the aero-cloner. First week plain H20 (pH'd), second week I added ~10ml/gal Clonex. Roots on over 50% of cuttings, most averaging about an inch in length.

At what point should I look to re-pot?