What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ SHORT PRE 99 BLUE BERRY PROJECT

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To the best of my knowledge Carolina Blue is extinct. Not many people kept her because she was so difficult to maintain. CB was difficult to re-veg, more so than other plants as she would tend to auto-flower when presented with any number of various stressors, which if you read the previous threads, I'm sure you saw that being discussed.

I lost her due to broad mites - and the only other person I know of holding her lost her due to LEO.

All that remains is a couple seed lines built off her at this point...to the best of my knowledge.

dank.Frank

captinahab

To the best of my knowledge Carolina Blue is extinct. Not many people kept her because she was so difficult to maintain. CB was difficult to re-veg, more so than other plants as she would tend to auto-flower when presented with any number of various stressors, which if you read the previous threads, I'm sure you saw that being discussed.

I lost her due to broad mites - and the only other person I know of holding her lost her due to LEO.

All that remains is a couple seed lines built off her at this point...to the best of my knowledge.

dank.Frank
Isnt their a possibility of finding her again in your f2 beans?. Looking for a short single stalk girl that likes to auto out? You said the f2 will throw wild all over the place traits... more likely to find the original mom or dad?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I've not made any F2s of the Carolina Blue x Digi Bx1 - but if I did, then yes, it would be possible to find similar plant types, eventually, given I sorted enough seed.

The seeds that VerdantGreen made, utilize HIS blueberry sativa selection from DP seeds and my Digi Bx1 male pollen.

So same male - different mothers. He F2'ed his line.

dank.Frank

Cooper1

:Number four smells so blueberry it's unfucking real I love the shape of number 3 too very blueberry sativa looking

Cooper1

So what u think see any that dig in the the stem rubs are all differnt but all really good #4 is blue berry stright up but 3 looks the part bee sativa look to her

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was going to say I really like the looks of #3 - has the classic spread on the fans leaves that is typical of a good DJ blueberry and you can clearly see the purple/red stems - Looks like that is going to be a real nice pheno...bet she smokes awesome!

#6 / #4 - Looks to have some latent Sour Bubble in the mix...but I see those double serrations clear as day. Can see various traits straight from the Digi Bx1 all over that plant, which would certainly explain the heavy blueberry smell...

I told ya Digi was no joke. There is NOTHING else that has the extreme terpene profile as pronounced as she does...

#1 looks like it might be a real good mix of all the parents, actually. That one might surprise you in the bud formation. I expect it might golf ball up a bit, but then tail out at the top of the buds to form nice crowns...maybe a slightly more indica type Carolina Blue expression.

Going to be REALLY interesting to see these flower out!!!

Nice work Cooper1! :respect:

dank.Frank

Cooper1

What up fellas been a while we're week 4 today on are flower I put the cbxdb x pre 99 in the back corner so hard to get to but I went in and took a look the #1 is the one very the fruity blue berry is unreal the bigger ones that I think are the Carolina blue dom have that powder sweet bb smell but that number 1 is something differnt for all of the. Stand out I'll get some pic soon

Cooper1

The number one is very thin leaves pre 99 some but the fruity ness I get out of is is nothing like I ever seen in a 7 year hunt

Cooper1

I think I just made the holy gral of blue berry
Time will tell things change after couple weeks so not getting my hopes to high

captinahab

Looking forward to some pics. Still didnt get any f2 beans to try. I got my next run going( got some plants gifted to me) and the run after that lined up too. :( so its going to be 4 months before i get to run a blueberry specific strain...... so bummed but at least i get to follow your grow.

Mikenite69

Veteran
I second that notion I can't wait to see the pics also! I am also stoked because I am getting a cut of the pre2k blueberry sat! Plus I have a pack off dank franks digi beans in the fridge. It will be time to search them shortly to see what the line holds and hopefully D.F will help me pick a special male to keep around...

Either way cooper I am tuned in and can't wait for updates.