What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st Death From Cannabis...Was Almost Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a bit of an embarrasment to post this, but in the interest of Public Safety (lol), here goes...

Friday night I decided to make some edibles with about 8 grams of hash oil diluted by 2/3 stick of butter. The G/F and I were going to have a mellow evening watching tv and kicking back.

I don't usually get off on edibles, so after warning my girl about the possible effects, I wolfed down a very large brownie. These things reeked of resin, and my single dose ending up being closer to 4 doses.

Everything was going great, lots of laughs and giggles. Then about 45 minutes in, my high took a left turn and went downhill fast. I became overwhelmed with paranoia and emotion. I've done lots of halucinigens and have had some heavy trips in the past, but nothing like this. Heroin wasn't even this heavy.

Soon after the nausia set in and I was in the bathroom puking and sweating. And I kept getting higher. It got to where I couldn't speak, or even get off the bathroom floor.

My g/f, a Registered Nurse, took a much smaller dose so she was handling it better. I was having a hard time staying awake, and was having full on halucinations/vivid dreams, but my mind was so into them that I was forgetting to breath! Several times she wanted to call 911, but I had told her earlier, that whatever happens, DON'T call 911.

6 hours later I finally came down, and it really felt good to be back to normal (although I could feel the effects for 2 days after). I was embarrassed, and more than a little shocked. I seriously underestimated the situation, and the irony was that the instructions I gave my girl in the beginning applied more to me than her.

I do think I could have died. Wouldn't that be just fucking great, the first person to die from a cannabis overdose!

Lesson learned

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I do think I could have died.

Actually... if you'd eaten more you would have gone into a semi-coma state for a few hours to a few days, and come out of it perfectly fine.

The only way you can die from eating cannabis is if you're eating contaminated stuff... then you'd be dying from an overdose of chems, not cannabis.

Please don't tell people cannabis almost killed you. *sigh*

Thanks for the post!

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
witnessed the wifey in that exact situation. held her hair out the toilet for hours while she puked herself back to sobriety. freaking scary. and i had no clue at the time you could overdo brownies...seriously harshed my mellow.

glad you were'nt the first. (to go)

peace

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya I had a similar event WHEN I WAS 13 and cooked a pound of larf into a full blown meal pot in Spaghetti sauce, in the garlic butter on the bread, in the salad dressing and in the brownies for dessert. ate everything with 3 other friends. Hallucinations for well over 10 hrs, but we told noone and didnt die and either would you have.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,i ate a brownie once and fell off the roof,and really had no idea why i was even up there in the first place....

glad yah didnt croak festi!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya all, i rememeber eating just under an 1/8th of nep temple ball in the late 70s on way to wembley arena to watch genesis,we arrived in car park where i commenced to spew everywhere around the car,friends laid me down in the back of the car,i woke up 3hrs later,fucking awful experiance but at least i missed genesis lol peace s2

supermanlives

Veteran
you aint gonna croak but it feels like it. eating too much is not fun at all. done that. aint like smokin as i can smoke all day.i once floored a room full of peeps with a tray of brownies even the dog stole some. everyone was like a zombies for hours even the dog. none of them peeps will eat my medibles anymore even the dog LOL

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey man
i felt for you so much when you were telling me the story
i've been there done that fuck that man one bad trip is all it takes...
i wont touch food thats been "leaded" now.
i like being in control and you have no control when you ingest.

but... IT IS WAY MORE MEDICAL in effect, no? lolol

take care man stay safe and dont eat the leaded goods.

on a side note we'll be in touch im taking things down wednesday or thursday dude. about 2 weeks from now you're dome is gonna split for the og i have this round. hehehehehehe

I've had a similar but worse experience on overdosed brownies...12+ hours of straight hallucinations coupled with extreme paranoia, could not move a muscle in my body the whole time, then a weed hangover that lasted 4-5 days and I was sweating out thc the whole week. Never had an edible since...

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not breathing was the dangerous part of the experience. Respitory suppression/failure can result in coma or worse. That's what alarmed my girlfriend, a nurse for 25+ years who has experience with overdoses first hand.

Death by cannabis overdose is a long shot, but to say it could never happen is incorrect, and sends the wrong signal to less experienced users or those with other serious medical conditions that could be exasurbated by an overdose, like a heart condition or imune deficiency.

Before this happened, I had the same attitude. I didn't think this benign herb could ever hurt me (wrong!).

The next day my buddy Grey texted me about trying out his new hash oil rig, and the thought of it grossed me out, like taking a shot of tequila on top of a hang over!

yoss33

Veteran
There definitely is higher chance of dying during such episodes as they are stressful and you never know when one of your weakest but important blood vessels will give up, most probably it'll be in a stressful situation.
But let's not feed the paranoia even more :)

Littleleaf

Veteran
I love black out brownies..Man I can clean the house spotless in no time.

I told my wife not to eat more than a 1" cube ( that would put me down) she ate 2"x2" and was fighting the devil for 3+ hrs. Till this day she still says she kick his ass bigtime,but will never try it again.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^exactly

got to get back on that horse, hoss!

Maybe the oil rips might be a little too much though....
but no rest for the wicked :)

alllllllllllllllllllllllrightttttttttttttttttttttttt

S

sweetestsin420

wow,poor baby,sounds like that video with the cop and his wife that od's on brownies lol,im making canola oil RIGHT now,so ill post if i even get a buzz (i used crappy trim)..im still straining it,might make pancakes with it

RudeDog

Veteran
wow,poor baby,sounds like that video with the cop and his wife that od's on brownies lol,im making canola oil RIGHT now,so ill post if i even get a buzz (i used crappy trim)..im still straining it,might make pancakes with it

Pancakes sound alright to me...Lemon & sugar on them?

S

sweetestsin420

EEWWWW^^ wth lmao,lemon and sugar???how about the usual butter and aunt jemimas syrup lol..but seriosly,is that how canola oil works?do you use it like regular oil,cook pancakes and shit with them??

delic

Glad you made it through Fest. That's the kind of thing you only do once (if you're lucky)

take care my friend

-delic

Status
Not open for further replies.