What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GCG and Boobs's 2012 NorCal Organic Outdoor: The Foothill Fetish

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
Hi everyone, I've been hard at work the past couple of months preparing for my first outdoor grow! My friend, GoldCountryGuy has over a decade of experience though, so I'm trying to be spongy. Just a side note, did any of you know that ants evolved from wasp-like creatures?! very interesting...

Some of the progress leading up to this is documented here: click

:dance013:

http://youtu.be/luDgb5vVHuA

Okay, so anyways here's the soil mix:

Promix HP, Worm Castings, Perlite, Dairy Manure, Nitro Humus, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Crab Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Feather Meal, Kelp Meal, Oyster Shell Lime, Glacial Rock Dust, Rock Phosphate, Dolomite, Bat Guano, Green Sand, Humic Acid and Mycorrhizae

AppWIh.jpg

At my location, I've got seventeen pots at the moment, one of them is a three hundred gallon, the rest are between one and two hundred (some one hundred-fifties.)

QKtPph.jpg

I haven't gotten them all filled yet, but I'll be finished within a day or two, God-willing :biggrin:.

qd1Yvh.jpg

As of now, strains that will be going out are: Bubba/OG, Fire OG, Flo, Sensi Star and a yet to be decided pick(s) from the MLI seed run which is curing in my shed, as we live.

We're around 2000-3000ft elevation.

GCG's location is at least double the size of mine, expect an update from him soon.

TTFN (ta ta for now)

why is your name boobs do you have some nice boobs to show us as well?

btw nice garden.

i saw the word boobs and figured i would see a nice rack or two.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Awesome pics/descriptions so far, bewbs! Looks like a real nice spot. The soil mix sounds excellent and well thought out. Your plants will appreciate all the planning you've put in here.

I'd say you're off to a great start.

Good luck with the rest of it!

HB.

Here is the SourD, just put the first layer of mulch on it. Nights are in the high 40s right now so no need to cover her in the evening right now. When it does get cooler next week I will cover her with clear poly; that combined with the mulch of composting straw and fresh lawn clippings should keep her roots plenty warm until it warms up for the season.

275 gallon tanks will be used for watering. Making teas will be regular. Not positive how we will be going about making teas this year, although i have plenty of experience making teas. This year will be much larger scale brewing. Unique suggestions appreciated for brewing large amounts at once appreciated.

Another pile of the same mix as boobs spoke of. About 28 yards, I'd say ill have a busy week ahead of me filling pots and making a mound or two.

Some sugar peas for the veggie lovers.

More updates to come in the following days. Any comments or questions welcome. :woohoo:

warthog

great start you two! nice strain selection, nice soil mix.. looks like a great spot too..

lovin the snap peas:)

subbed!

Bennyweed1

Veteran
boobs! holy shit, this is huge! How did you mix all the soil?!

This is going to be awesome, you're using a super soil!

Does your partner plan on mulching the top layer of those smart pots? Its a must in the Cali sun..

What are you hoping to yield from all this?!

boobs! holy shit, this is huge! How did you mix all the soil?!

This is going to be awesome, you're using a super soil!

Does your partner plan on mulching the top layer of those smart pots? Its a must in the Cali sun..

What are you hoping to yield from all this?!

We paid to have the soil mixed and delivered to our locations.

We do plan on mulching, not until the plants are in though.

We will have about 50 pots total and some mounds. 3-7 lbs should be the average of the plants. Anything over 150 pounds will be considered a success.

Thanks for checking us out. :tiphat:

M

MrSterling

Jeeeeeeesus I need to move to NorCal. Most comfortable I've ever felt as an adult was sitting last year up in the triangle talking to some locals while eating lunch and staring at the redwoods. This looks like it's gonna be a hell of an adventure boobs & GCG. Thank you for sharing, I'm on board for the summer!

Thanks for all the positive feedback and responses. If anyone has any questions or wants to see anything in particular just let us know. Time to go weed-whip, fill pots and fire a few up.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Question here, what is your spacing on center for your pots? Also, it looks like your rows are staggered, is that correct?

S

SeaMaiden

Hi everyone, I've been hard at work the past couple of months preparing for my first outdoor grow! My friend, GoldCountryGuy has well over a decade of experience though, so I'm trying to be spongy. Just a side note, did any of you know that ants evolved from wasp-like creatures?! very interesting...

Some of the progress leading up to this is documented here: click

:dance013:

Okay, so anyways here's the soil mix:

Promix HP, Worm Castings, Perlite, Dairy Manure, Nitro Humus, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Crab Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Feather Meal, Kelp Meal, Oyster Shell Lime, Glacial Rock Dust, Rock Phosphate, Dolomite, Bat Guano, Green Sand, Humic Acid and Mycorrhizae

At my location, the "boobsyarden", I've got seventeen pots at the moment, one of them is a three hundred gallon, the rest are between one and two hundred (some one hundred-fifties.)

I haven't gotten them all filled so far, but I'll be finished within a day or two, God-willing :biggrin:.

As of now, strains that will be going out are: Bubba/OG, Fire OG, Flo, Sensi Star and a yet to be decided pick(s) from the MLI seed run which is curing in my shed, as we live.

We're around 2000-3000ft elevation.

GCG's location is at least double the size of mine, expect an update from him soon. Also, there may or may not be up to two other friends of ours contributing to this thread, one of them would be under the name legendzepp.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
WOW! Great location, very much like mine with the exception of anything resembling level areas with which to work. I've had to carve out terraces in the slopes and we're not finished yet.

I'm looking forward to watching this show. You folks aren't messing around.

Question here, what is your spacing on center for your pots? Also, it looks like your rows are staggered, is that correct?

That will vary a lot depending on strains. 70 percent of both spots will be OG/Bubba. They require much less room between pots than say the SourD. Range between 10 and 20 feet on centers give or take. If cramping even becomes a slight problem I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Pots at both places will be staggered in a way to maximize light and deal with hilly spots (that has yet to be pictured at the other base)

:tiphat:

WOW! Great location, very much like mine with the exception of anything resembling level areas with which to work. I've had to carve out terraces in the slopes and we're not finished yet.

I'm looking forward to watching this show. You folks aren't messing around.

When the other location is fenced and pots are filled I'll throw up pics of the other locations. I'm sure it will resemble your area much more terrain wise. We're putting soil under every pot individually to make it as even as possible, although I suspect a season of compacting may slope them more than I'd like. I can deal with that though, by now I'm use to watering in a way to saturate a pot on an uneven area.

Glad to have someone near by watching and you're right, we're not messing around. :woohoo:

boobs

child of the sun
Veteran
Clones

Clones

hi again everyone, I just sampled some of the MLI that was curing in my shed, couldn't resist taking a small nug while emptying the dehumidifier.

so forgive me for the small post, hehe...

stopped over at GCG's house today, managed to snap this pic of the clones:

9kacD.jpg

Oh, here's some pictures I took around my house yesterday...

cfspuh.jpg

HYZ0Qh.jpg

h3kTth.jpg

toodaloo... :thank you: