What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BMR & Chronic Re-Veg

Esskie

Hi,
This pair were from a previous soil grow (I'll post some pics of this batch in 12s) but were salvaged for re-vegging so I can get clones from them to be grown in hydro. They've been under 24/0 for almost a week now with only 1 feed which consisted of plain 24hr water with a drop of SuperThrive in it

sorry about the quality of the pics

BMR just after harvest...
picture.php

it's in a 10L bucket so it can stay there with a new soil-mix and there's plenty of popcorn and leaf been left on so hopefully it'll provide lots of sites from which new shoots can emerge

Chronic that was never potted up from it's seedling pot...
picture.php

this has been topped at some point and then it's vanished under the main canopy poor wee thing :bashhead:

Right now they are under a 250w 8U CFL on 24/0

Any advice would be appreciated

my plans at present is to re-pot them both with a fresh soil-mix which I'm planning doing later today as I don't have a spare (I have to go buy a new 600w bulb first :wallbash:)

As it's a fresh soil-mix I thought just a light from the top with plain water for their first feed? or can I give em a drop of Superthrive/Rhizotonic in their feed solution?

A foliar misting every now and again of a Nitrozyme, H2O2, wetting agent solution is how I normally kept any mothers that happened to be in soil so I'm hoping the same source of N will help them create those new shoots I'm looking for.

These pics were taken around three days ago and the Chronic has started to show tiny little shoots of fresh green so it's started to re-veg already but nothing as vigorous from the BMR yet

cheers, esskie

Esskie

Sorry no pics but I'll try and get some taken this evening and posted.

Well the Chronic has taken to re-veg really quite quickly with at least a couple of new healthy looking single-leaf shoots growing from pretty much every small bud that was left :woohoo:

However I wish I could say the same for the BMR
it does look like the existing leaf on the buds (what would have became trim) have grown a wee, wee bit and are a nice green colour but in general it's looking pretty bad tbh :1help:

Not sure if it's the old leaves dying or a deficiency of some kind but they've went from a nice healthy green colour to what looks like rust spots which are really pale.

It was re-potted with the other one at the same time using the same new soil-mix, both are under the same watering/feeding regime and the same light.

Some pics would be able to show the leaves better than my description hopefully so I'll try & get some of both posted tonight.

Although I have seeds left I don't have many so would rather not have to use them to keep this strain growing. Fortunately, I do have a cutting from this plant which was taken very late at approx 6wks in 12s and rooted in less than 9 days in an aero-cloner which I think is pretty good for being almost ready to harvest :dance::yes:

Both have been fed nutes once since being re-potted, this was Ionic Grow at an EC of 0.95~1.0, the water is around pH6.5-7.0

more info and pics later

Esskie

Fresh Greenery :)

Fresh Greenery :)

Not sure how much the foliar misting (3ml-Nitrozyme, 2 drops-Superthrive, 4ml-Rhizotonic:1.5L water) has contributed to it but the BMR has started to show signs of new growth at last....phew! :dance:

the bud formation is totally different to the Chronic in as much as it's much more solid and dense

here's a crappy pic of the BMR taken earlier
picture.php

I know it looks in a really bad way but I'm relieved to see this much fresh green!, I thought it was gone at one point. there's still a few dead leaves that have dried up but I've been leaving everything on her until it falls off or where a dead leaf is covering a new shoot

the Chronic is shooting out new, single-leaf tips all over the place, definitely much quicker to respond to the long day length again than the BMR in this case?
picture.php

I'm giving them a foliar feed once or twice a day and water when and as needed, I thought about maybe trying a weak strength grow solution next watering?
maybe around EC:1.20 or less

Esskie

The Chronic is well into re-veg :yes:

it won't be long before clones can be taken at this rate
picture.php

not the best or clearest of pics but you can make out the fresh green growth atop this BMR lady that's already provided such a wonderful harvest
picture.php

just coz they said it couldn't be done, here are two rooted clones, a Chronic and a BMR, both taken at 6wks into 12/12.....they had roots showing outside a 25mm RW cube in less than 9 days :rasta:
picture.php

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
i like this project. if you like the smoke dont lose the ladies.

i have never personally done a reveg, but i'd like to give it a try. y not? i think a lot of people would worry about herms but u dont really know untill you try.

+ rep

Esskie

Hi there and thanks for the comments my friend :)

Well this wasn't really planned nor is it my usual method of growing, normally I work with clones like the majority of growers.

Due to not having had the chance to take any clones while in veg I'm re-vegging the BMR and the reason I'm re-vegging the Chronic, other than not having taken any clones in veg, is it was never re-potted up from it's seedling pot and was hidden under the canopy away in a back corner of a soil-mix grow not long done

Re-vegging a plant after harvest is easier when lots of popcorn buds and leaf are left on, the more the better to be honest.
In the case of the Chronic nothing was taken off it but all the bottom popcorn and a good amount of leaves were left on the BMR yet the Chronic has just taken off in comparison!

Both were re-potted with fresh soil-mix and placed back into the veg area under 24/0 for a bit then 18/0 (no reason, just didn't have a timer spare)

In the above post are 2 of 3 buds taken as cuts from different plants which rooted in less than 9 days and are now in veg but in RW & clay pebbles

Although I'll still flower the soil plants out, what I really want from them are clones so they will both spend a short time as mothers.

Things are totally up in the air at the moment as we started completely different strains all from seed for the last harvest so haven't got things sorted out for perpetual growing yet but will get there :)

I've never had any re-veg, or clone from any re-veg turn hermie (touch wood) that wasn't showing hermie traits already so not sure if I've just been lucky or not

+ rep back at ya man :joint:

Esskie

Greening Up Nice :)

Greening Up Nice :)

Thought it was about time for an update!

Well since my last post the BMR has caught on at last and is starting to produce new growth, the more new growth it produces, the quicker it grows which makes total sense!

As for the Chronic, although it could give me a couple of clones atm, I think another week or two will see it into the cloner?

Once I get these strains into hydro they'll grow quicker than they are atm in the soil-mix, we've done both in hydro before but worked from clones so none of this re-veg nonsense lol

The nutrient has been changed twice since my last post, they are on a diet of Formulex, Nitrozyme, Rhizotonic and Superthrive, the latter three fed by foliar misting also
EC: 1.4
pH: 5.8 ~ 6.2

Here's the BMR a couple of days ago:
picture.php

...and the bushier Chronic:
picture.php

a little LST on the Chronic to make it bush:
picture.php

Haven't got any pics uploaded yet but those three little buds that were cloned have now started re-vegging too with 2 of them shooting out new tips

Look out for a new threads starting soon for my HashPlant, RSC Mazar-i-Sharif & RSC Lebanese. the HP are already started but I'm waiting on the RSC beans so the HP thread will appear first :canabis:

Take care and keep it green!
Regards, Esskie

Esskie

Sorry no pics folks :wallbash::bashhead:

I will get some taken at the first opportunity though but I can't say when that will be? :frown:

Anyway, the first 4 cuttings have been taken from the now very bushy Chronic, 3 approx a week ago and 1 just last night. As usual no droop or wilt has been seen but one of the 1st batch is showing a bit yellowing on a couple of lower leaves which is usually a good sign

Although I have them in an aero-prop, the pump isn't on a timer atm, not through lack of a timer, they are in 25mm RW cubes so just don't need it. I turn the sprayers on manually maybe once or twice during the whole rooting process for a short 4-5mins or so just enough to keep the RW cubes moist

If they were bare stem cuttings it'd have to be on a timer with several cycles per 24hrs.

As soon as I see definite roots from the cuts the mother in soil will be flowered out again one final time and a new mother chosen from one of the cuts.

As for the BMR, it's looking nice and lush green now with leaves that look like cannabis and not the single fingered leaf they started producing. It took longer to get going again than the Chronic and still has no new shoots that are long enough to use as a decent clone :drum:

It's kinda frustrating tbh as I really want to get the BMR back under the flowering light but can't get going with it until I get at least 1 cutting of it into hydro, once it's out of soil and growing in RW & clay pebbles I know it'll grow much quicker enabling me to harvest more clones

Esskie

Time to Update!!

Time to Update!!

Hi there,
Well it's been a wee while since my last update in this thread but the re-veg plants are looking great!, infact we've had 5 clones off them to date with 4 of those being rooted and back into veg :ying:

First the BMR,
after harvesting 80% of the buds it was given a fresh soil-mix and placed back into the veg area under a 250w 8U 6400k EV light running 18/6

these pics were taken 2-3wks ago on the 9th
picture.php

picture.php

as soon as the cuts from it have rooted it's going back to the flower room with the line being kept going with a new clone mum unless the need to start more from seed is needed but I can't see why this plant won't provide what we need.

remember those Chronic buds from post #4?
picture.php

(the 4 tiny clones in the RW cubes to the right are the 1st 4 x Chronic clones from the 'V' shaped re-veg plant in an earlier post)

picture.php

the one in the 1st pic has done exactly what re-vegged plants tend to do and has gotten very bushy by shooting out growth tips here there and everywhere. The one in the 2nd pic (C2) hasn't gotten as bushy but is still very healthy

they are both in the veg system still also receiving a nute solution of Formulex, Rhizotonic, Cannazym & my ever faithful SuperThrive with an approx EC of 1.30 ~ 1.40 & pH 5.8~6.3

I also regularly give my vegging plants a good foliar misting with a Nitrozyme solution to promote new growth

There's also a new f1 in there now beside them from a test pollination using pollen from a really smelly Chronic male to hit a female BMRxTT (my own, now 80% stable BMR x Towley's Treasure by Capt Crip - Blue Treasure?/Blue Chronic? lol:
picture.php

Bodhi Roach

Thank you for this thread, I flowered out some huge moms thinking I wasnt going to use then, things changed, I need the strain back, Im going to follow your thread and try it out, thank you again

Esskie

Thank you for this thread, I flowered out some huge moms thinking I wasnt going to use then, things changed, I need the strain back, Im going to follow your thread and try it out, thank you again
Glad the thread has helped at least one person my friend :yes:

Many sources say that clones can't be taken from a plant that is more than 2-3wks into flower but the Chronic bud clones in this thread were taken at 6wks of a 9-10wk bloom period.

Our reason for re-vegging was to save starting from seeds again & going through the waiting on them to germinate then sexing again.

this BMR is the P1 mother used in my BMRxTT cross so I'd like to keep it going for further development

Just checked this morning and am happy to say that the first clone to be taken from the BMR has rooted :dance:, the re-veg in the bucket can now be flowered out one last time.

I think I'll let it get a bit more height to it before I put her into flower to ensure a decent yield, the same goes for the re-vegged Chronic

Having said that, the BMR will have a few more clones taken before that happens which will serve 2 purposes, a) more clones & b) bush her out a bit more than she already is

Watch this space & thanks for dropping by

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow wow wow this looks like a very kick ass grow. I deff wanna watch the reveg progress.
maybe I can learn a trick or to. to help my reveging plant grow as bushy as yours have done.

So does the super thrive help the plant reveg any faster or anything?

Esskie

Hi there cheesebuds, thanx for your comments

It's not a difficult thing to do man, the more you leave on it when you harvest it, the quicker it should start producing new growth again.

These were re-potted into a fresh soil mix after having the very bottom roots slashed up a bit.........I know it sounds brutal but it soon shoots out fresh roots.

the SuperThrive isn't a must by any means, I just like the stuff. it's a good source of B1

as promised here is a pic of the reveg Chronic mum
picture.php

she's a bit yellow looking atm & could do with potting up again tbh but she's given us what we wanted in order to get the Chronic into hydro

1st four Chronic clones in veg (I know they're a bit small, I just couldn't wait to get her cloned lol):
picture.php

and the 1st rooted BMR clone from the reveg, this cut was taken later than the Chronic cuts
picture.php

the clone in the pic above was removed from the aerocloner & has now taken up residence in a 3" Grodan in the main veg system earlier so it's being checked every so often for the first hour or so.....they are usually ok when taken straight out as the vents are always full open

Esskie

And back into veg again

And back into veg again

From the last pic above to this
picture.php

can you imagine where we'd be if this plant wasn't capable of being cloned ? :smokeit:

as with the rest of the plants in the veg system, they're receiving a Formulex solution at the rate of a 2minute flood every 4hrs. Some flood every 3hrs but 4 is doing ok

the EC is kept around 1.20 ~ 1.30 taking care not to give any young seedlings anything near that & pH is pretty stable at the moment around 5.8~6.3

they do get a fine foliar misting (usually around once, maybe twice a week) with a Nitrozyme solution to promote lush new growth

As you'll know clones usually take a short time to get going after coming out the cloner mainly due to the stress of change of environment & being placed into a 3" grodan no matter how delicately it's done

We're really happy with the way the revegged Chronic buds have turned out!, this first one is a perfect specimen of a clone ready for a SOG or SCROG grow!
picture.php
once this one gets to approx twice it's current size we'll most probably put her to bloom at that, the stretch on this Chronic is evident but nothing crazy.......probably around x1.5-x2? with long, thick spear shaped colas tapering to a tip
there are plenty of shoots on this one so plenty of buds hopefully

the other while not so bushy is still healthy and getting bigger by the day
picture.php
this one while not having anywhere near the shoots the other one has is still healthy with 2 main growth tips so may end up with a set of double colas depending on how/if it's trained......we usually try not to top plants in favour of LST and/or SuperCropping as some call it

I'll cover some of that in my next post

Esskie.....keep it green guys

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow they look great.

I repotted mine into new fresh soil 2 weeks ago she is reveging ok for now.
So as soon as she is bushy enough to take clones I need to get some if i want to keep her alive for a loing time.

also takeing a few clones would give my more real girls to work with.

well I vish u great luck vit ur reveg/cloning grow.

Bodhi Roach

Hi there,

TY again for your inspiration.

Ive read about other ppl cutting off alot of the outside root growth, then repot it, did you do this as well?

Esskie

Thanks for the positive comments people, +rep to you Bodhi Roach & cheesebuds (I have a couple of clones GHS Cheeze vegging right now that we're looking forward to flowering after we've got clones from them)

Ive read about other ppl cutting off alot of the outside root growth, then repot it, did you do this as well?
Sure did Bodhi, I removed as much of the old soil from their roots as I could & slashed vertically around the existing root mass with a sharp knife a few times
half filled their pots with a new fresh soil-mix, placed the plants in and filled in around them with the new soil.

One thing I do think made a difference in getting them re-established after re-potting is Canna Rhizotonic :yes:, the first water they saw when re-potted was 24hr water with 2-3ml/per litre and a few drops of S/Thrive.

They took a few days to get settled in and over the stress of being re-potted but were starting to show fresh new growth eventually.....the Chronic took longer than the BMR but it only had a couple of buds & a few leaves left on it while the BMR had loads of leaf & small popcorn buds left

Once or twice a week I gave them a good misting with a Nitrozyme solution to encourage new growth, although not by any means a necessity, I'd also advise using a root stimulator and a foliar spray (the latter being relatively high in Nitrogen)

There are others besides Nitrozyme, VitaLink make a good foliar spray but I can't say which is better as I've never compared the two

Lookin forward to seeing your re-veg pics :watchplant:

Regards, esskie

Esskie

Re-Veg BMR in 12/12

Re-Veg BMR in 12/12

Hey there :wave:

As I was having a tidy up around the growroom I thought I'd try & click a pic of the revegged BMR now that it's approx half way through flowering.

It's a garbage photo & for that I apologise, bit of a headnip as it happens as it means I can't take any pics under the HPS bulb :fsu:.....another Fuji digital camera with macro capabilities would go down well atm

Anyway, here is the BMR at approx 4.5wks in 12s
picture.php

top down view
picture.php

I'm so peeved at not being able to capture the abundant resin that the buds are covered in......at almost 5wks, it will start really piling on the calyxes over the next couple of weeks.
This strain's buds, like so many other strains, can double the size during the last couple of weeks

Feed is 24hr water although it gets a light Bloom/Boost/PK-13/14 solution every week if it needs fed

the smell is a fruity blueberry type smell but can be musky with hashy undertones too......I particularly like the hashy (sandalwood, spicy) taste of this plant......that's probably why it was kept as a mother

we normally let the BMRs go a 8wks.......imo, any longer and the effect is too sedative.....while this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I prefer a more active high to smoke during the day

The revegged Chronic is still going great guns too but I didn't get any pics of it yet for you guys. It's always the first of the two to show resin and feel really greasy to the touch yet it's not worth considering harvesting for 10wks.

Although not entirely sure yet, we've been thinking about putting the entire Chronic through the bubble bags when it's harvested :canabis:
Not coz of any problems or issues, merely coz we'll have enough bud etc to smoke at the time & there are another couple in bloom which will hit 10wks around the end of next month.

I think it'd be an excellent pull tbh, with only Chronic in the work bag for the first pull in order to extract unadulterated Chronic resin......interesting to see what kinda quantity of bubble it produces too? :thinking:

I'll get pics of the Chronic (you'll see what I mean about it having loads of tops) to show you all.......def try and get something done about the detail of the pics too so you can actually see them!!

Take Care, Esskie

Dödsknark

Hey man :)

I'm way overdue but here I am! Things are lookin great. Very interested in this one ;) How does she smoke? The BMR mom that is. Looks like a good solid indica.

Would love some sharper pics of those buds. Possible? Gotta go water before lights of...

All the best!

Latest posts

Latest posts