What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

**Inside DrBud's Lab every 48 hours W/Pics**

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Thundurkel - Why change what works? There's a big difference between 10-15-10 and 10-54-10

DrBudGreengenes said:
They are fed 4-droppers full of Schultz 10-15-10 ,1 Tbsp. Fish Emultion, and 4 drops SuperThrive per Gallon of water everytime I water

bigd21

I am curious about it also, I had the same thing happen, and I am using the regular schultz, I am wondering if its the molasses, I am sure the doctor has the answer for us..............

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
bigd21 said:
I am curious about it also, I had the same thing happen, and I am using the regular schultz, I am wondering if its the molasses, I am sure the doctor has the answer for us..............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundurkel
I must say I agree on there being a lot of useless space in most grows and it is way more efficient IMO to grow a 11 - 12inch cola all the way to the soil and so far my Urkel or Grand Daddy Purple whatever one it is seems to be doing just that and they had been flowered right after they rooted...
But yea DrBud this way is just plain ignorant to grow when we can go to the hydro shop and spend more money and take more risk hmmmmmmmm

Hey Doc can you help me here? I need to know if my girls are under fed or over fed?? I had been using the Shultz Bloom Plus crap at 1/8 tsp per gallon with 4 drops of Superthrive 1 tbs Fish Emulsion and 1 tbs of Moleasses every watering and they were really healthy looking for the first 3-4 weeks of flower but now here we are in week 5 and I have a purple stalk and some yellowing on my leaves what should I do buddy please help

I had the same problem when I used Mole Asse's. with that mix....I just quit doin it and everything was fine. if this happens earlier in yur run....rinse them real well in the sink.....much run off.....then mix up the mix that you know works....and submerge them in it right away it will displace all the rinse water around the roots drain and put back in cab...and yur gurls should be right back to "Normal"....in a coupla dayz

But as far as these girls...they are pretty far along in Flowering....just rinse them and take care of them as you would at this point in yur cycle...and yur budz will be fine

I only use Mole asse's when I am letting soil set for a re-use (To feed the Micro-Herd) and also in my new "Organic Orgasmic Tea" mix....but it brews for a coupla dayz b4 I use it....and that changes something..... :confused:

petemoss

Thanks for making this thread, Doc! Step by step pics are just what I need to follow your grow. Please tell us a bit more about your new organic tea. I see you've replaced the Schultz with organic elements. Why do you call it a "brewed" tea? Do you bubble it?

Quazi

Just pullin' up a chair.

Thanks for providing a "cell" of plants just for those of us to watch. Cool idea :joint:

Much :respect: to the Dr.

-Q :rasta:

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
petemoss said:
Thanks for making this thread, Doc! Step by step pics are just what I need to follow your grow. Please tell us a bit more about your new organic tea. I see you've replaced the Schultz with organic elements. Why do you call it a "brewed" tea? Do you bubble it?

Yes I do Bubble it .....It looks like Boiling water there are 4 stones in 22 ltrs....I have an active Batch going all the time...

Everything is still in the testing stages/results are VERY good so far.
B4 w/ the other mix everything was working well....But not all of the medium was being use by the root mass....even after 2-3 runs thru flowering....I could still grab the "Stump" on harvest day and pull the plant from the pot with a quick jerk....

After 5-6 week in flowering using the "Tea"...good luck pulling that plant out of the bottle....I need to let them sit now for a week dry and then "Mess" up the root mass w/screwdriver to get it out...I believe that to show a Major improvement in root mass... :jump:

I'm kinda likin' bein a "Poop Chemist" as Jiggywhompus calls it...... and my gurls look so happy

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Update day 5 of 12/12

Update day 5 of 12/12

Here we are at day 5 of 12/12....you will notice that they have almost all become the same height....that is due to the different start height of each different strain....once ya have that info on yur moms you can grow a SOG with as many strains in their as you would like

Day 1....

Day3....

Day 5....

Thanks for havin a look inside my Lab.... :canabis:

Last edited:
hey everything looks good... this thread has got me curious and i have some questions considering i am looking into sog. how much do you yield per plant and can you tell suggest any good strains that have decent yield and pretty potent. it also helps if the strain taste like a skunk just sprayed my bud or got dipped in fuel :)

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
DrBud - Sweet!! Thanks so much I will rinse today real good and no more mole asses for me unless making a tea, your girls look happy as can be as always

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Molasses can easily be overdone, I see it often in the Organics forum.
I commonly see 1tbs per gallon every feeding, I use 1 TSP every 2nd or 3rd feeding.
Dr BG use an organic soil mix and you mentioned you use Shultz which is not.
Unless you have an active microherd molasses isn't going to very beneficial.
:2cents:

Doc what is you mix for a bubbled tea?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Suby said:
Molasses can easily be overdone, I see it often in the Organics forum.
I commonly see 1tbs per gallon every feeding, I use 1 TSP every 2nd or 3rd feeding.
Dr BG use an organic soil mix and you mentioned you use Shultz which is not.
Unless you have an active microherd molasses isn't going to very beneficial.
:2cents:

Doc what is you mix for a bubbled tea?

Hi Suby...
My tea is ...
Composted cow dung...
Composted Chicken Dung and litter....
Mixed Compost....
Corn Meal..
Alfalfa....
Fish Emulsion...
and Mole arse's
It Brews for 36-48 hours at 81degrees until the "Good Bugs" take over...and I use 3/4 gallon of that mixed to make a full gallon
and everybody luv's it.

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Corn meal? Alfalfa?
What elements do those provide, nitrogen? Or do they just break down like all organics? Do you think they add sugars to the soil too?
So your tea has like particles in it?

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wattup DBG ,nice update bro.
im with baba id like to know a lil more if its not too much trouble yo.
thanx.peace yo.

dragonborn

Maybe this can help some of you understand the tea mix.

Corn meal - very cheap source for a nitrogen activator for heating up the compost pile or as a topdressing. Great natural fungicide also. Corn meal is a great phosphorus source also.

Alfalfa meal - best source is 50 lb bags of rabbit food or alfalfa hay bales. There are also 100% alfalfa pet litter or beddings if available. Alfalfa products are best used in teas, mulches, or as topdressings. Alfalfa is an excellent natural complete fertilizer, containing great amounts of N, P, and K, and many growth hormones and micronutrients.

Urine or Urea - yes, human urine is an excellent source of organic nitrogen for compost teas or as a free nitrogen activator for composting (45% N). (NOTE: Unlike human manure, any pathogens, diseases, or other mild toxins in human urine are quickly killed and digested within 24 hours after they escape the human body. Therefore human urine is very safe for all types of composting methods.)

Liquid molasses, dry molasses powder, brown sugar, corn syrup - source of fast consuming sugars for feeding and breeding the aerobic bacteria in compost teas. Most microherd populations love the high carbon content in sugar products. Sugars are best dissolved and broken down by microbes in compost tea that has brewed at least 1-3 days, before applying to the soil. If too much sugar is added on soil straight as a topdressing, it may cause a temporary nitrogen deficiency in the soil as the microherd populations grow too fast. Molasses also contains sulfur which acts as a mild natural fungicide also. Molasses is also a great natural deodorizer for fishy teas. NOTE: Recent studies have shown that unsulfured molasses or dry molasses powder is best for faster aerobic microbial growth in tea brewing. For a more fungal tea don't add too much simple sugar or molasses to your aerobic teas. Use more complex sugars, starches and carbohydrates like in seaweed, rotten fruit, soy sauce, or other fungal foods.

keep us posted, always have watched your threads... lurking in the background. :)

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Sounds nice, you'll get a nice fungal and bacterial balance with a tea like that.
I like that you mix compost sources, sounds like a great way of ensuring some good diversity in the microherd.
Do you include any liquid seaweed?
Alfalfa meal carries triacontinol, a natural growth hormone if not and the compost will carry over the micros with no problems.

:rasta:

OahuGrown

I was think of doing a micro sog like yours. i have a space of (LxWxH) 2x2x3.41 feet or 24x24x41 inches. i was gonna put 2 150 watt hps and i have a 180 cfm fan for ventilation. which strains would you recommend for my height restriction seeing that i only have about a little more then 2 feet of vertical space.
Thanks

dragonborn

if you read his first post you would have seen his strains he has done
page 7 3/4 of the way down

here is a list
"~~~I've done SOG like this with...
Haze x NL#5 (Seed Bank)
Hash Plant Pure (Seed Bank)
M48 (SSSC)
C99 (RayJay)
C88 (RayJay)
Lemon Spice (RayJay)
Leda Uno (RayJay)
Blueberry(DJ's)
AK48 (RayJay)
And several unnamed strains over the years all with excellent results... Most Sativa will become HUGE like this you will need stakes for them on about week 5

I can't get a camera to focus at 1" even on macro in there (Thats all the room I have in there) ....I can't even fit a door in there.....its a panel that screws on and off....lol~~~"

end quote ..

it is just a matter of finding what he calls the sweet spot , vegged at a hight that reaches cab hight , some it's 1 inch could be 2 or 3 or even 6 inches , test ur plants to find out .

ive found that growing by seed in a 2 foot square box i can flower when they hit their 3rd node and they stop just short of the lights , but from clones is a bit trickier , i'm still growing 4 inch tall plants with buds trying to find that magical sweet spot . i know it is there , just have to dial it in .
did i say i'm a first time grower :) , following these steps and alot of reading i'm loving it .

OahuGrown

What about ak47 from serious seeds? I have never smoked it before but have great things about it. especially its potency. i would love to grow some of mandala's strains but seeing that there out of business right now it wont happen.
Im mostly looking for a strain that will give me a soaring, uplifting high like a sativa but also concern into the height restriction

Latest posts

Latest posts