What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

**Inside DrBud's Lab every 48 hours W/Pics**

dragonborn

I've found out here HomeDepot or such carries ST seasonal, but lowes out here carries it year around no matter .

Looking Sharp guys keep up the good work.

jimbob420

so when you fill up your tray to do the feeding because you are doing it a gallon at a time every fifteen minutes, I am assuming you avoid the floating pot plant syndrome all together? I have been trying to think of an easier way to feed multiple plants as I only have a few now i just basically do it by hand one at a time and just submerge them to about .5" above the soil line and let bubble. I was thinking of building a rack or something to hold the plants down when filling the tray they sit in, but is sound like if u fill it up slowly its not an issue. I am curious though how dirty does your tray get? How often do u clean that thing out especially now that u are using the tea with piss in it?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
jimbob420 said:
so when you fill up your tray to do the feeding because you are doing it a gallon at a time every fifteen minutes, I am assuming you avoid the floating pot plant syndrome all together?

Yes it worked well.....
But I just got done watering W/a sump pump for the first time, and it worked well....as fast as the pump could move the water into the tray

jimbob420 said:
I am curious though how dirty does your tray get? How often do u clean that thing out especially now that u are using the tea with piss in it?

LOL.....
everybody is Soooo scared of The Pee....
go get whatever nute that ya' use....
have a look at the fine print.....
Most folks only care about the #'s........
IE 10-15-10
Lets break that N down in my Schultz ...
N...10
1.6% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
0.2% Nitrate Nitrogen
8.2% Urea Nitrogen<<<<UREA thats PEE!!!!!! most often it is Swine Urine used​

it is used bucz it's readly available to the plant

The difference is I do not pay for mine....hehehehe :joint:

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Update Day 29 @ 12/12.....

Update Day 29 @ 12/12.....

Hello and Welcome to day 29.....
My Card Reader and Card don't wanna play nice today....I'll get this sorted out and post Pic's soon

tngreen

Veteran
great thread Dr.Bud, ill be watchin for sure. seems our clones are right around the same age, should be fun to compare growth. really liked the full cab shot, gives us much better understanding of the method. keep it green!

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Yes pee is fertilizer, all that mexi weed in the US is fertilized with it lol.
Mr G this is looking like a success already :cool:

dragonborn

Those Geisha are looking awesome.. but looks like those 2 Sour's are trying to give them a run for their money.. ...looking great as always .

keep up the good work. :rasta:

jimbob420

im down with using the pee in the mix, I am sure it adds value I just wondered if it started to stink or mold or anything in your container after filling and draining over and over without cleaning the tray. Looking really good doc, thanks again for all the help!

Too be honest the fish shit seems like it would be much worse, I just know my trays get pretty dirty looking pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
hey DrBud do happen to know what the starting height for SR71 Purple Kush ?? Cuz it seems like this strain is pure indica and has absolutely no stretch in it! do you think I'm going to have to veg it to how tall I want it to finish?? Cuz the few I have flowering have just seemed to stay the height they were when put in flower and they just fill in.. Do you have an suggestions? Should I cut the lower branches to focus growth up top?? It's driving me nuts cuz I really like the strain and my Purple Urkle's sweet spot is 4" and the Maui Waui Tutty Fruity is 3" and they finish at 12"-14" but this damn PK I've put in at 2" and it's now a whole 3" tall I also have done some at 4" 5" and 6" but just can't get this strain to give me a tall budsicle I have 1 thats 6" tall and all one bud but thats as big as I've got it can ya help a student out?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Thundurkel said:
hey DrBud do happen to know what the starting height for SR71 Purple Kush ??

I do not know

Thundurkel said:
Cuz it seems like this strain is pure indica and has absolutely no stretch in it! do you think I'm going to have to veg it to how tall I want it to finish??

You can try that...and if it does decide to stretch...bend the tip down a bit

Thundurkel said:
I really like the strain and my Purple Urkle's sweet spot is 4" and the Maui Waui Tutty Fruity is 3" and they finish at 12"-14" but this damn PK I've put in at 2" and it's now a whole 3" tall I also have done some at 4" 5" and 6" but just can't get this strain to give me a tall budsicle I have 1 thats 6" tall and all one bud but thats as big as I've got it can ya help a student out?

Sound like she it worth "Messin with"...So if the 6 incher finished @6 inches?
try a 7,8,9,10til ya start to stretch out and not be a solid bud...and call that her spot.
I have a pure "SourCreek" that I think will require sum messin with when I run her...you only need the stretch like mine if you intend to run them thru more than one time....if ya run clone to flower and repeat....ya don't need the lower growth.....I need it cuz I clone /flower/Re-Veg and repeat as many times as possible.....I figure why waste a perfectly good root system...after I get my budz....I put her right back to work

SatoriSOG

hey man, this is a great thread, one of my favourites here at icmag

I was wondering though, in most reveg, i read you gotta trim the root system, but im wondering how you do it? do you just take off all the bud, and throw em back in straight to 12/12? or veg for a while or what?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
SatoriSOG said:
hey man, this is a great thread, one of my favourites here at icmag

I was wondering though, in most reveg, i read you gotta trim the root system, but im wondering how you do it? do you just take off all the bud, and throw em back in straight to 12/12? or veg for a while or what?

I don't trim any roots ever....they are cut..... rinsed well with clear water....givin a good watering....and then they sit up on the 24/0 shelf til they show new growth...real growth not single bladed leaves....at that point I trim it to 1-3 tops and send her back thru

M

MDsmoke

I'm building a 1'x1'3' cabinet for a 70w hps. Basically I'm going to do 16 plants per sq foot. I'm going to cooltube the hps, and have it completely separated from the cabinet (ventilation). I'm going to use a pc fan for that. I'm then gonna probably have a chamber up top for the cabinet ventilation. I'm going to use a filter (12"x12") with carbon on top, and a 4" AC powered pc fan pulling threw (exhausting out the top of the cabinet). According to my reading I could do 10% oversized for intake. So having 2 3" intakes should be fine for a 4" exhaust. I'm not sure how I want to do the intakes though. I dont want to have pvc tubes sticking out the side or inside the cabinet taking up space. Maybe I should buy a louver? A 4" square louver would be 16 sq inch(intake), and 4" fan is around 12.5 sq inch (exhaust).

Lemme know if I sound on track.

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
MDsmoke said:
I'm building a 1'x1'3' cabinet for a 70w hps. Basically I'm going to do 16 plants per sq foot. I'm going to cooltube the hps, and have it completely separated from the cabinet (ventilation). I'm going to use a pc fan for that. I'm then gonna probably have a chamber up top for the cabinet ventilation. I'm going to use a filter (12"x12") with carbon on top, and a 4" AC powered pc fan pulling threw (exhausting out the top of the cabinet). According to my reading I could do 10% oversized for intake. So having 2 3" intakes should be fine for a 4" exhaust. I'm not sure how I want to do the intakes though. I dont want to have pvc tubes sticking out the side or inside the cabinet taking up space. Maybe I should buy a louver? A 4" square louver would be 16 sq inch(intake), and 4" fan is around 12.5 sq inch (exhaust).

Lemme know if I sound on track.

That all sounds great....just remember with only one Bulb ya only have one point of light origin...you will notice better growth in one spot than others by doing that....multiple points of light encourages even growth in a Micro-set-up
If only using one bulb...put the newest (Shortest) ones in the middle older taller to the outside....lookin kinda like a Bowl of Green when fully operational