What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afghan Select ?

Plantguy

I'll second the RSC recommendation. Mazari was quite good for me. Sheberghen by Khalifa is as described and I'm happy with that too.

Mr. Stinky

Kwik seeds is a rsc "affiliate". Same folks run it I believe. I've ordered twice and like them.

Get the afgaan 90

p59teitel

I’ll also recommend The Real Seed Company for excellent customer service, pricing and accurate information about their stock, but have to say that from their Instagram posts it’s pretty clear that Afghan Selection’s seeds are original landrace seeds collected by someone who lives in Afghanistan and are not reproductions.

Rembetis

That's interesting. I am not on Instagram. Everything they list was put out by TRSC before they were on the scene so I assumed they were one of the company's talked about in the thread about who was ripping off TRSC. My mistake.

M

Maquiypa

I’ll also recommend The Real Seed Company for excellent customer service, pricing and accurate information about their stock, but have to say that from their Instagram posts it’s pretty clear that Afghan Selection’s seeds are original landrace seeds collected by someone who lives in Afghanistan and are not reproductions.

Hi

Last edited:

p59teitel

That's interesting. I am not on Instagram. Everything they list was put out by TRSC before they were on the scene so I assumed they were one of the company's talked about in the thread about who was ripping off TRSC. My mistake.

They do share some common source locations where they have collected seeds, like Balkh, Mazar, Tashkurgan and so forth. If it is a competition then it seems a friendly one, as I see individuals who are credited as the actual collectors from each outfit liking each others’ posts on Instagram.

I ran Baharak from Afghan Selection, very pleased with one male and two out of three nice females I got. There were some issues with germination and runt/mutant outside of the four nice ones, but I was very pleased with the smells and highs from the girls.

Pheno #1 medium leaflet width, stretchy. Very resinous, smells of warm spices and overripe fruit.
High: very subtle, but relaxing and comforting, I'm assuming this is a CBD rich and low THC phenotype, which is fine by me!

Phenotype #2 Broad leaflets, short stout, tight internodes, high resin content, awesome sour fuel smell.
High: Old school high, static fuzz around your head, great body relaxation and sense of peace and comfort, you're Ayyyyy Oooo'Kayyyyyyy!!

Phenotype #3 Narrow width leaflets, short plant with medium distanced internodes, medium resin content, very uniform round shaped plants.
High: Fucking A, this is the plant I had the least hope for, and didn't love as much as the others during her time, not the prettiest, although the nugs were a nice purple color, but I was looking for more broad leaf "Indica" plants, but let me tell you, I underestimated this bitch, first time smoking this shit, she came in swinging, extreme psychoactive incapacitating, overwhelming high, hit in the head with a ethereal baseball bat with tweetie-birds flying around your head. Not my style, but I respect the hell out of her now.. and will be reproducing her offspring along with the other F1's I made from each phenotype...

Rembetis

They do share some common source locations where they have collected seeds, like Balkh, Mazar, Tashkurgan and so forth. If it is a competition then it seems a friendly one, as I see individuals who are credited as the actual collectors from each outfit liking each others’ posts on Instagram.
Glad to hear the seed co's cooperating rather than the usual cut throat, back stabbing tactics.

M

Maquiypa

I ran Baharak from Afghan Selection, very pleased with one male and two out of three nice females I got. There were some issues with germination and runt/mutant outside of the four nice ones, but I was very pleased with the smells and highs from the girls.

Pheno #1 medium leaflet width, stretchy. Very resinous, smells of warm spices and overripe fruit.
High: very subtle, but relaxing and comforting, I'm assuming this is a CBD rich and low THC phenotype, which is fine by me!

Phenotype #2 Broad leaflets, short stout, tight internodes, high resin content, awesome sour fuel smell.
High: Old school high, static fuzz around your head, great body relaxation and sense of peace and comfort, you're Ayyyyy Oooo'Kayyyyyyy!!

Phenotype #3 Narrow width leaflets, short plant with medium distanced internodes, medium resin content, very uniform round shaped plants.
High: Fucking A, this is the plant I had the least hope for, and didn't love as much as the others during her time, not the prettiest, although the nugs were a nice purple color, but I was looking for more broad leaf "Indica" plants, but let me tell you, I underestimated this bitch, first time smoking this shit, she came in swinging, extreme psychoactive incapacitating, overwhelming high, hit in the head with a ethereal baseball bat with tweetie-birds flying around your head. Not my style, but I respect the hell out of her now.. and will be reproducing her offspring along with the other F1's I made from each phenotype...

Ahahah

Last edited:

RudeDog

Veteran
I've got this Kushkak at four weeks flower. Not much smell at the moment but a stem rub stinks of tangerines. Sowed two seeds both up in 36 hours, one turned out to be male.

picture.php

picture.php

bleepboop

Part of the reason they are a bit more expensive than we have become accustomed to from TRSC is that they're being put out through a distributor in Europe at least, hence appearing on attitude aswell as Ace which will probably add 1/3 to the final cost. I'm happy with TRSC and it's accessibly priced for me but glad to see folks who wouldn't necessarily seek that out having access to direct from Afghanistan seedstock.

There's a couple of accessions they do too like 'Sholgar' that are relatively unique.

Here's a plant from Sholgara, seeds gifted by Lucaswiseup - writer & photographer of 'Afghanistan - Fortress of Cannabis - that were in some dried buds he was gifted in that area/town - which is just south of Balkh. So I was quite happy to see that more seeds are coming from that area via Afghan Selection now.

picture.php

M

Maquiypa

I've got this Kushkak at four weeks flower. Not much smell at the moment but a stem rub stinks of tangerines. Sowed two seeds both up in 36 hours, one turned out to be male.

View Image

View Image

Yo Rude Dog! :tiphat:

beautiful lady ! Thank's to share your experience ! wait to see more ! ;) I'm curious about aromas ...

M

Maquiypa

Part of the reason they are a bit more expensive than we have become accustomed to from TRSC is that they're being put out through a distributor in Europe at least, hence appearing on attitude aswell as Ace which will probably add 1/3 to the final cost. I'm happy with TRSC and it's accessibly priced for me but glad to see folks who wouldn't necessarily seek that out having access to direct from Afghanistan seedstock.

There's a couple of accessions they do too like 'Sholgar' that are relatively unique.

Here's a plant from Sholgara, seeds gifted by Lucaswiseup - writer & photographer of 'Afghanistan - Fortress of Cannabis - that were in some dried buds he was gifted in that area/town - which is just south of Balkh. So I was quite happy to see that more seeds are coming from that area via Afghan Selection now.

View Image

Hi Bleepboop !

I am also happy to see in a certain sense that there is more and more accessibility on certain strains of these country and this is done, more in a phylosophy of sharing knowledge than of competitions ...
but I am wrong perhaps...

Beautiful bud ! what are the aromas ? Could you tell us more about this strain ?

Last edited:

bleepboop

I mean it's just local to that area. Just did a squidge and sniff of the 2 months old bud. Getting hashy gas with maybe a bit lavender?
I was told by Lucas he'd not had any of the Sholgara go purple but they're under 5000k 98cri led strips and it really does make anything turn purple if given half a chance!

I only had 5 seeds. The first was 1yr ago. a bit stressed probably and hermed so kept some seeds from that.
This one was my 2nd and stable to the end. I think I took it at 67 days since shown sex because there was bit of pollen going about. Should've kept a cut but I've a few TRSC Afghan mix to work through.

The area itself interested me because it's very agricultural and next to a body of water. Aswell as being last stop on the road to Mazar I Sharif.

M

Maquiypa

I mean it's just local to that area. Just did a squidge and sniff of the 2 months old bud. Getting hashy gas with maybe a bit lavender?
I was told by Lucas he'd not had any of the Sholgara go purple but they're under 5000k 98cri led strips and it really does make anything turn purple if given half a chance!

I only had 5 seeds. The first was 1yr ago. a bit stressed probably and hermed so kept some seeds from that.
This one was my 2nd and stable to the end. I think I took it at 67 days since shown sex because there was bit of pollen going about. Should've kept a cut but I've a few TRSC Afghan mix to work through.

The area itself interested me because it's very agricultural and next to a body of water. Aswell as being last stop on the road to Mazar I Sharif.

Okay,
Interesting this purple pheno. with lavender? mmmh
I know that some Afghan landrace hides very very complex terpenes

Thank you for the info !

Good continuation with your afghan from TRSC !
I go to take some beans from them... ;)

Peace!