What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I've had a very critical error and need information

Hi there, today is a terrible terrible day. I used an ozone generator in my greenhouse for a couple hours the other day, and over the past two days the leaves on a lot of my plants are starting to curl and look burnt, am I fucked? Are they dead? Should I cut them before they continue to go downhill or is it just a horrible burn that I am just gonna have to deal with ugly plants? I feel so fucking terrible I was growing some gorgeous Landrace beauties and I hurt them trying to use that shit for pests...

Any info will help as to whether I'm done or I'm okay? I'm really freaking out..

RockinRobot

I've run ozone in my grow many times with no ill effects. Unless your generator is super strong I would look to other causes. To be safe make sure you ventilate the room.

It is 5000 mg per hour so I assume that's a lot, and my greenhouse is not very large. I ran it for two hours. Things just aren't looking good.

M

moose eater

I ran 2 Air Tigers for YEARS, non-stop but for cleaning, in a shop that was about 18-20 ft. in depth, 8' ceiling, and variable 12-14/15 ft. in width, and the primary ill effects were discombobulating of the base cove in the bathroom above it and to a lesser degree in the kitchen. Ozone eats rubber or rubber-related items for breakfast. It can also (reportedly) cause damage to soft lung tissue when used at higher levels. Thus, I don't use it anymore.

That said, I never saw it cause harm to my plants... Me, on the other hand, well.... I've caused plenty of harm to plants.... ;^>)

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts