What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can you recommend a LED for 4 plants?

skulll

Hi again,
I would seed & grow 4 plants in a cellar(see in pic, trash will moved out) with only one led if its possible, in about 100x100x170 place but still have no idea what type of led I need. :dunno:
Do I need a simple cold colored (6500k) like this?
res_cc9f3af9d51146546ce5e2ee0f2f2311_450x450_5vlh.jpg

or I just need colored led? What color range?
How much watts will they need?
Thanks

Attachments

• 71568449_466752243917553_538242093194149888_n.jpg
    71568449_466752243917553_538242093194149888_n.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 38

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
i can recommend our Quatum Board LeD Panels

but you needs 50 post to can send a pm to talk about it ...

Leaflet

If you don't have the money to buy a good LED light, perhaps you should consider a 600 watt HID light instead.

SuperBadGrower

If you cant even spend €170 on a lighting system for 1m² you're not gonna have a good time growing weed in a dank cellar without environmental controls which you also can't afford. If you are limited by budget maybe you can start out a little less ambitious. 1 plant in a 2x2 and see how it goes. Then there is also less risk of wasting a lot of money if things go south. (And you could afford a pretty good led instead of a mediocre one, etc)

Last edited:

Bsinger

I started with 1200w LED and it seems to be ok in that sized tent. I just bought a 2500w sunshine cob LED and am hoping that I notice a difference in it when I get it all hooked up in a 4x8x10 foot tent.

Bsinger

I started with 1200w LED and it seems to be ok in that sized tent. I just bought a 2500w sunshine cob LED and am hoping that I notice a difference in it when I get it all hooked up in a 4x8x10 foot tent.

I meant to say 1500w not 2500w

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The Mars Hydro TS series of LEDs has the spectrum you want for cannabis, at a low price for LEDs. They have different sizes. You want 25-30 watts for each .09 square meter of space, match the light to your space. :)

If LEDS look too expensive, you can afford an extra $40 on your light bill , and your basement is cold all year... pick up a cheap HPS lamp instead of LED.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I think a lighting system that can be built up incrementally could work. Something like the clf/led comparisons thread is full of, over in the microgrows section of grow diaries. You can buy as many $2 lights as you like, and still get similar value to buying china's best.

AbuKeif

LEDs are fun, and I use them myself, but it's true that the good ones (with 3+ watts/diode) cost a bit more, and can be prohibitively-expensive for the budget-minded beginner. If budget is a concern, you might consider doing a "Space Bucket" with CFLs--you'll find plans online if you search. A nice way to get some weed in the stash jar and grow experience under your belt while saving up for the LED of your dreams!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I think a lighting system that can be built up incrementally could work. Something like the clf/led comparisons thread is full of, over in the microgrows section of grow diaries. You can buy as many $2 lights as you like, and still get similar value to buying china's best.
Good call f-e. :) As many times as I remember, I keep forgetting this option as well. :)

A simple wooden slat frame, 3 to ??? light sockets properly wired, and you can use interchangeable Screw in LED's or CFLs to light your grow. :)

Go with a DIY Horticulture Lighting Group (HLG) kit. Best bang for buck and a notch above all leds mentioned in this thread (several notches in fact). They might still be having their holiday sale too.

CimbaKat

Phlizon 3000w COB is a solid light has veg and bloom setting. $399.98, equal to the Optic 6 a $680 t $1200 LED.I believe they dropped prices because Phlizon 3000W is kiterally the aame l8ght for a fraction of the cost... shout out to china. They list their parts too... its cheaper to buy the Phlizon than to build it.. good warranty too.

DJXX

Veteran

master kusher

I have bought all of mine off of this or that online website, but typically a 600 or 1000 watt led should be plenty enough for 4 plants, where and who you buy it from will dictate the price.

delerious

Phlizon 3000w COB is a solid light has veg and bloom setting. $399.98, equal to the Optic 6 a $680 t $1200 LED.I believe they dropped prices because Phlizon 3000W is kiterally the aame l8ght for a fraction of the cost... shout out to china. They list their parts too... its cheaper to buy the Phlizon than to build it.. good warranty too.
I generally avoid brands that advertise 3000 watts when they're only pulling 640 from the wall. I like to see par charts too.

Latest posts

Latest posts