What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Grow, Multiple Rooms, Multiple Setups

VI-guy

Hi Folks, I've been a member here for 10+ years now, but was away from the growing scene for a long time.
Back When I started it was little micro grows, and a bit of outdoor.
Just a bit to get my feet wet and start learning my way around.

Here we are now 10 years later. Now a homeowner, free to do what I choose.

So here's the plans.

#1 Mama / Propagation room. The intent is my own personal library of Bonsai mamas of my favorite genetics.
-6 ft x 6ft x 7ft 6in
Lights will be 2 x 400w MH in air cooled reflectors above the upper table. Directly under those will be the cloning, sprouting etc area.
This will have a mix of 5000k 5000 lumen LED Corncob Lights, High quality high output Fluro's etc.
The room will also feature a Green LED work light.

Humidity and Temperature will be monitored and controlled by Inkbird controllers, A small heater, a cool mist humidifier, and intake and exhaust fans.

The air cooled lights will be ducted to a controllable diverter damper so the hot air from the lights will either be directed outside of the house, or into a floor vent in the living space above, (controlled by a thermostat in the living space.) as this will save some heating cost in the winter.

Room #2 Veg room
Room size will be 6ft x 10ft x 7ft 6in

Lights will be 3 x 600 watt metal halides or perhaps even 3 x 1000MH as I already have the ballasts and I will just run them dimmed to 60%

The room will have one table 30" off the ground 10ft long and 40"
Deep, this should be plenty of space to veg 40-50 plants for the 2-3 week max veg period, (if growing SOG)
There is a possibility that I may need more veg space to support the amount of flowering rooms that will be filled.

Again temperature and Humidity will be controlled via Inkbird controllers. Also will be supplementing CO2 via bottles and constant monitoring controller.

Room #3 Flower Room 1

This is in the same building as room 1 & 2 and will be 10ft x 12ft and 7ft 6" and will actually be divided in two in a flip flop setup
with 3 x 1000w HPS on either side.

Inkbird controllers again

Rooms 4 & 5 are identical so I'm putting them together

Both are at opposite ends of a 40 ft shipping container and are 12ft x 8ft x 8ft

Lights are 6 x 600W HPS on each side in a flip flop setup.

Ventilation is provided by twin 14" vortex fans on each end.
Temperature and Humidity are old school thermostats and Humistats?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Genetics that will be starting with are as follows.

3 Phenos of Barneys Triple Cheese
5 Phenos of Barneys Sweet Tooth #1
5 Phenos of Buddah Seeds Kracken
5 Phenos of SamSara Green Love Potion (Amazing so far, one bean popped in less than 18hrs)

I'll be running Remo nutrients, as well as some high test mycological boosters and a few select aminos, and a compost tea for foliar feeding.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll attach some photos of the build out of the mama room and the Veg room in the next day or two, and will try and summarize my Grow logs here for any interested parties.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Hi VI-guy :tiphat:

Subbed.

This will be interesting.
It´s big to me :woohoo:

:plant grow:

Best luck mate

P:smoke:

VI-guy

Mama Room build photos

Mama Room build photos

Here's a few photos of the mama room build.
The shelf is at 40" deep and 40" off the floor.
This will give lots of room below for propogation, seedlings etc. And above will be where the bonsai mamas live.

You'll see on the underside of the shelf I used some old batwings with mogul sockets to hold my corncob LEDs.

There will also be some fluorescent fixtures and bulbs soon too.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Haven't been on the site in a while.
What's the ... Mean? Sorry if it's a stupid question

Made a post about VPD and PH levels and nutrient absorbtion and thought you probably already know. Also that I have always had problems with too much humidity. Could not delete post, and had to type something.

BuzzBob56

Hey VI! I am totally on board for this endeavor!!

I, too, am fresh back to both ICMag ( formally just BuzzBob ) and Growing after a prolonged break brought on by paranoia. Awesome that so many draconian laws being set aside are finally making it easier on us all!

Your plans are waaaay beyond my scope, but I am sure I will be learning tons as we go that will aid me tremendously!

Looking forward to your progress! :tiphat:

VI-guy

Hey VI! I am totally on board for this endeavor!!

I, too, am fresh back to both ICMag ( formally just BuzzBob ) and Growing after a prolonged break brought on by paranoia. Awesome that so many draconian laws being set aside are finally making it easier on us all!

Your plans are waaaay beyond my scope, but I am sure I will be learning tons as we go that will aid me tremendously!

Looking forward to your progress! :tiphat:

Well I hope I don't let you down. I'm not a super experienced grower by any stretch however I'm fairly confident that I have a pretty good understanding of the various aspects of it.

I think my blessing is my ability to do the electrical, plumbing and controls myself and having the ability to fabricate or build any unique bits that I need.

My feeling is that Cannabis is a plant, it more than anything wants to grow, survive and thrive.
If I (or anyone else for that matter) can provide the elements and conditions at least as good as nature if not better, then it should do well.

I'm taking the time and effort to ensure that I can control all aspects of the grow room environment and that I can heat or cool as nesscessary, add or remove humidity, monitor and control c02 levels to keep them optimal. all grow spaces will be positive Pressure with HEPA filtration on all ventilation intakes. We're in the country and I have an old unused chimney that I'll be blowing room ventilation up. (Only until I have time to build a heat recovery unit)
That combined with the exhaust air from the air cooled reflectors should damn near provide all the heat for the upper level of the house (our living space)

Thanks for the interest, it's motivating to know there are folks watching, help ensure I don't cut corners.

My intent with this grow is to do everything to the best of my ability without a huge budget.

Latest posts

Latest posts