What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Katsu's MASSIVE P98 Bubba Kush Reversal Bean Run

Katsu

Veteran
Greetings. I'm reversing the P98 Bubba Kush and doing a massive bean run (my biggest ever).

Rather than throw up a bunch of threads, I'm just going to start one for the seed run and grow pics of the S1's and crosses. Thanks for playing! FYI - the first pics of everything are seeded moms, not the grows from seed...

Barring any mishaps, on the menu in the 5x9 tent are the following:
Bubba Kush S1's
Schrom x BK
Bandaid Haze 7 x BK
ECSD x BK
ChemSis x BK
GG4 x BK
Blackberry Kush x BK
OGKB 2.0 x BK
91 Dragons x BK
Key Lime Pie x BK

Katsu

Veteran

Seeded P98 Bubba Kush

picture.php

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
I'll be watching this thread for entertainment value alone.
Mass Bubba grows always an eye full of greatness. With dreams of future lung fulls of goodness.

I wood

I'm a bit of a type A with ADD - waiting for seeds to mature and then waiting to grow them out is a severe test of patience for me :) I find myself staring at the seeded buds WILLING them to grow faster :)

Been there, it is almost always worth it in the end though.
What helped me was having lots of different projects in different stages of development.

Ha, don’t ever grow lophophora then. It would kill you or cure you I’m guessing. After that even long flowering sativas seem fast.

Katsu

Veteran
If the peanut gallery feels inclined to make some suggestions for strain names, I would love to hear them :) Thanks for playing!!!

Last edited:

Katsu

Veteran
OGKB2.0 seeded
NOTE: the debris on the plant is from shaking the shit out of my pollinated Bubba in the tent :)
picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
Both those are fire, I'll gladly pay for beans of either. Key lime pie X bubz and Chunkys Cooks cross be straight madness.

Katsu

Veteran
Once the beans are harvested, I will use this thread to document the grows. I plan on running a lot of 1 gal. plants to do some pheno hunting - I know there's some treasures in there.

I've run Bubba S1's, ECSDxBK, and GG4xBK as testers in my own garden over the years - so good! The Bubba S1's breed reasonably close to the mom with some cool outlier phenos in terms of size, terpene profile, and potency. The Diesel and the GG4 crosses are some of the best smoke I've ever had. I wish I still had the moms I kept and look forward to finding some new ones.

Let's just say that everything I've hit up with Bubba has been various degrees of awesome. I think the Key Lime Pie x BK is a no-brainer cross, as is the ChemSis x BK. I'm hoping the Bubba will make the Blackberry Kush stronger while still keeping some of that great flavor (not that Bubba's is undesirable, I'm just looking for something different). The 91 Dragons has an interesting "Far East" spicy thing going on that I like, but isn't strong enough - hoping Bubba can fix her :)

I think I'm going to find some really new and interesting moms digging through the Bandaid Haze 7 cross and the Schrom cross. The Chunkypigs OGKB2.0 cross is going to be a terpene explosion.

I'll take some more pics later...

Happy Times

Greetings. I'm reversing the P98 Bubba Kush and doing a massive bean run (my biggest ever).

Rather than throw up a bunch of threads, I'm just going to start one for the seed run and grow pics of the S1's and crosses. Thanks for playing! FYI - the first pics of everything are seeded moms, not the grows from seed...

Barring any mishaps, on the menu in the 5x9 tent are the following:
Bubba Kush S1's
Schrom x BK
Bandaid Haze 7 x BK
ECSD x BK
ChemSis x BK
GG4 x BK
Blackberry Kush x BK
OGKB 2.0 x BK
91 Dragons x BK
Key Lime Pie x BK

Good luck with this one Katsu, a few thoughts as strains and crosses and speculating is fun!

Was thinking the same thing for Blackberry Kush: does BK help potency out?

GG4, OGKB, chemSis: BK seems nicely complimentary to these for something stoney and heavy- hello indicaTown! Also the S1s

Bandaid Haze- gettin diverse here! The range of phenos should be quite interesting. Love seeing your pics of the Bandaid in the other thread

I’m not too familiar with Key Lime or 91 dragons. Guessing some Chem 91 in the Dragons so maybe similar comment to that indicaTown group

Awesomely fun project ya got going on