What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

January 2019 indoor grow, Sex Bud, Island Purps x Sweet Skunk, and Bubblegum.

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
Female Seeds Sex Bud (c99 x white grapefruit)
Chimera Seeds Island Purps x Sweet Skunk
Real Gorrila Seeds Bubblegum

Started under T5 with Fox Farm Ocean Forest and straight water for the first couple weeks. Used FF Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Grow only.

The c99 after 2 weeks from seed:
Sex Bud Veg jan 2019.jpg

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
After a couple weeks under the T5, I moved them all under a Advanced Platinum Series P300 LED. First time growing with led.

Sex Bud around 3 weeks of flowering

Sex Bud Flowering wk 3ish.jpg

Bubblegum no.1 3 weeks

Bubblegum no.1 Flowering wk 3ish.jpg

Bubblegum no.2 3 weeks

Bubblegum no.2 Flowrering wk 3ish.jpg

Island Purps 3 weeks

Purps x Island SS flowering wk 3ish.jpg

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
Sex Bud wk 5

Sex Bud Flowering wk 5ish.jpg

Bubblegum no.2 wk 5

Bubblegum no.2 Flowering wk 5ish.jpg

The smell started to develop into a strong sour fruity smell, almost like a fruity BO.

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
The Bubblegum no.2 growing Monster buds seen here after about 7 weeks of flowering time. From here on The no.2 and Sex bud are on plain water only.

Bubblegum no.2 Flowering wk 7ish.jpg

Group Shot after approx 8 weeks flowering

Group Shot week 8ish.jpg
Clockwise from Back: Island Purps x SS, Bubblegum no.1, Sex Bud, Bubblegum no.2

The island purps in the far back stretched about 3x its pre-flowering height. It went from a short squat to tall lanky. The buds on it are going to be HUGE, a solid 1.5 feet if it all fills out (which it will :))

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
Cutting down Sex Bud and Bubblegum no.2

The bubblegum could have used another week but I'm tired of smelling it lol. I'm keeping bubblegum no.1 up with the Island Purps for at least another 2 weeks. The Purps looks like it needs another 2-3 weeks to go. I'm going to give it one more light feeding and then switch to all water.

Sex Bud couple days before chop. Around 63-65 days of flowering

Sex Bud Flowering wk 9ish.jpg

Big Fan leaves removed, colas cut

Sex Bud cut.jpg

All trimmed and ready for the dry rack

Sex Bud final trim.jpg

The Sex Bud's super dense buds.

Sex Bud dense top cola bud.jpg

I'm still cutting/trimming Bubblegum no.2, soon as I finish those pics will be up. The buds on it are HUGE.

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
Bubblegum no.2 cut

Bubblegum no.2 Cut.jpg

Final Trim
Bubblegum no.2 Final Trim.jpg

Cola close up
Bubblegum no.2 Cola.jpg

I had topped all the plants with the plan to have 4 main colas each, but my flower closet proved to be a bit too small. So this bubblegum and the Island purps got cut down to only 3 main colas. In the top picture here theres a small side branch that I let grow off the biggest stem. This one made some real nice dense buds all the way down the stem and is a real stinker.

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
How's the bubblegum smell? Bubblegummy?

For No.2, I wouldn't call it a bubblegum smell more like a pungent fruit with a hint of citrus. It definitely made its presence known, more than one of those would require a carbon filter for odor control.

No.1 is very subtle bubbleyum berry type smell that doesnt overwhelm and is very pleasant. I could sit and smell it all day.

grayeyes

I grew bbg last year. I used Holimoli's bbg and thought the result was fantastic. Not really stinky in the grow (indoors since it was winter). But the potency was great. I had bought some SSH that was "rated" at almost 22 % THC. The bbg made me not want to smoke the SSH. The potency difference was amazing.

Let me put it this way. I am buying Holimoli's regular BBG seeds this year. I want that in my library.

El Tigre

Hi DeezyH, i'm starting now a Sex Bud grow can you tell me something more about this strain? I am interested in your opinion, of course also about how it smokes when the product will be ready. When you said chop at 63-65 days flowering, you meant 63-65 days after switching to 12/12 regime?

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
Hi DeezyH, i'm starting now a Sex Bud grow can you tell me something more about this strain? I am interested in your opinion, of course also about how it smokes when the product will be ready.

The sex bud is basically a C99, which is a fast flowering sativa that can be cut around day 56. I prefer it a little less racy so I let it go to about 63ish days. C99 is a good happy "up" type of high with a nice body relaxing effect that my med patient friends enjoy. This is my first run with the sex bud but I feel like it will amplify the body effect while keeping the nice happy "up" feeling of regular c99.

When you said chop at 63-65 days flowering, you meant 63-65 days after switching to 12/12 regime?

I was more or less counting from when i started to see pre-flowers fully formed and developing. This happened during the veg-flowering transition. The strain does have some auto tendencies, but i feel with 20-24 hours veg light It would have been fine. I was cutting the time down 18-16-14 about week each to get to 12/12 instead of doing a sudden flip. Around 16-14 hours of light is when the sex bud really started showing the pre-flowers. I decided on FEB 10 on the official start of flowering for this plant and counted up from there. Hope that helps!

El Tigre

The sex bud is basically a C99, which is a fast flowering sativa that can be cut around day 56. I prefer it a little less racy so I let it go to about 63ish days. C99 is a good happy "up" type of high with a nice body relaxing effect that my med patient friends enjoy. This is my first run with the sex bud but I feel like it will amplify the body effect while keeping the nice happy "up" feeling of regular c99.

I was more or less counting from when i started to see pre-flowers fully formed and developing. This happened during the veg-flowering transition. The strain does have some auto tendencies, but i feel with 20-24 hours veg light It would have been fine. I was cutting the time down 18-16-14 about week each to get to 12/12 instead of doing a sudden flip. Around 16-14 hours of light is when the sex bud really started showing the pre-flowers. I decided on FEB 10 on the official start of flowering for this plant and counted up from there. Hope that helps!

Thanks, i appreciate. I think i'll vegetate at 20/4 then.