What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazeman Monkey Balls and 88' g13xhashplant

EastCoastIndica

Hi people, couple quick questions I have about Hazeman seeds and Monkey Balls, is it really a deep chunk f2 line? and is the seed stock fresh? same for the 88' g13xHashplant.....is it legit? fresh stock?

I've searched and googled for both and can find grow info and various threads(most seem to be several years old)....... but nothing about when the line was produced, if it's still in production etc........

Thanks in advance.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
First thing you need to know about Hazeman is he is notorious for naming is seed strains after famous clone onlys when there is no genetic relation, his headband is a good exaple of this.

His monkey balls is a bit misleading, it is a Deep Chunk F2, there is no evidence is is derrived from the monkey balls selection. Moneky balls was an old Deep Chunk selection thats about all there is to that.

As for the 88g13 HP, it was sourced from NDNguy, same as Bodhis. It is seeds NDN donated to a few ppl from a line he had been inbreeding for years. Its an old name but really what is so special about it aside from that. It's main selling point is it is an old line, however I have not seen any real positive reviews about it, most people have said it is just meh...a leafy stumpy indica. Originally the 88GHP was just supposed to be given as freebies and never sold. NDN just wanted to get the genetics back out there.

A lot of ppl are going crazy for the name but I havent seen anything special about it.

Mayhem84

Just ordered sum monkey balls myself this week they not from the real deep chunk monkey balls pheno then which is purple I think

Dog Star

Veteran
Right now growin some small plants of Solili Queen x Monkey Balls and
Desstar BX x Monkey Balls....

hope they dont show true balls in flowering ciclus as i get this as freebeess at those titanic seed service TSD
kamikaze project...

Truthful

My bro's 88 G13/HP keeper will cut thru anything, we smoked some at the Cup last year with peeps after heavy toking and dab sessions and it cut thru it all. The reason you don't hear many reviews is everybody so head over heels for overhyped shit like Cookies, GG4, and OGK but even those picky kush heads that don't want it at 1st after they try it they're hooked to the Ghash!

The real fuss over the Ghash line ndnguy preserved (originally from The Seed Bank of Holland Nevil limited release as G13 x HashPlant F1 Hybrid) is it's breedabiity, it makes some really nice hybrids. I've been smoking over 25 yrs and the buzz from the G13/HP has waaaaay longer legs than any OG or newer hybrid I've smoked, really takes you back to the days of when you 1st started toking!

WelderDan

Veteran
My bro's 88 G13/HP keeper will cut thru anything, we smoked some at the Cup last year with peeps after heavy toking and dab sessions and it cut thru it all. The reason you don't hear many reviews is everybody so head over heels for overhyped shit like Cookies, GG4, and OGK but even those picky kush heads that don't want it at 1st after they try it they're hooked to the Ghash!

The real fuss over the Ghash line ndnguy preserved (originally from The Seed Bank of Holland Nevil limited release as G13 x HashPlant F1 Hybrid) is it's breedabiity, it makes some really nice hybrids. I've been smoking over 25 yrs and the buzz from the G13/HP has waaaaay longer legs than any OG or newer hybrid I've smoked, really takes you back to the days of when you 1st started toking!

Damn right. The Ghash x Butterscotch Hawaiian I got from NDN a few years ago was vicious herb. Face melting potent was the way someone described it. I still kick myself for losing those genetics. Still have some pollen in the freezer, but I doubt it's any good anymore.

codger

I remember many a time with the ghash or the ghash/BSH the first hybrid made from the ghash where my face got numb bigtime lol the ghash is a breeder for sure ask Bodhi he only crossed abut 70 plants to it hehe makes great meds foor sure no lie. Still one of my top 3 go to meds on a bad day....codger

ambertrichome

Veteran
Bump ???

My buddies have 20 of the G13/HP going, and are about 2.5 months old.

I'm getting ready to start a pack of them, and just ran across a place that still has some packs. I believe its been discontinued, so I'm stocking up on 4 more packs when available.

I was going to have to rely on my friends for clones, but today found 1 Pack for sale, and the guy told me he would have a few more packs available, and would let me know. This is also in USA and they wont send overseas ect.

Id love to hear more about this strain.

I plan on breeding this with a Male Nevils Original 1988 LTD Release NL5 x Haze. And also Original NL#5....It should really kick ass then.

Theyre really nice looking, and smelling plants so far, with great branching system, and are growing much faster than most 100% Indicas.

ambertrichome

Veteran
The G13 x HP is a killer plant. While here is some variation, weve found a killer pheno, and the plant itself, smells like pure resin glands.

The plant is 30 inches tall, and 34 inches wide. Very, very complex branching, and looks like it will produce about as good as the best producing plants around. Its so far easily keeping pace with a Mr Nice Super Silver Haze, that weve had for over 3 yars, and produces 2lbs per plant consistently. This plant looks like it will be as good, or better, just as far a a PLANT is concerned.

Smell wise the G13 x HP is killing the SSH, and G13/HP also started flowering faster.

The internode spacing on the G13/HP are incredible, and very close together. This is a very, very nice plant.

Close node spacing, really, really complex branching = a keeper. If potency is there, and so far it looks off the charts.

ambertrichome

Veteran
It should be 2lbs Per Light on above post.

But 2lbs+ Per Plant would easily be doable if you used 2 1000w lights.

I use a 20 gallon container/Promix BX, and with 1000w Hortilux HPS 1 x SSH I get 1 1/2 everytime/ Per Plant.

But its looking like the G13/HP will keep pace, though its not as tall of a plant. Its really really wide.

Vital

First thing you need to know about Hazeman is he is notorious for naming is seed strains after famous clone onlys when there is no genetic relation, his headband is a good exaple of this.

His monkey balls is a bit misleading, it is a Deep Chunk F2, there is no evidence is is derrived from the monkey balls selection. Moneky balls was an old Deep Chunk selection thats about all there is to that.

As for the 88g13 HP, it was sourced from NDNguy, same as Bodhis. It is seeds NDN donated to a few ppl from a line he had been inbreeding for years. Its an old name but really what is so special about it aside from that. It's main selling point is it is an old line, however I have not seen any real positive reviews about it, most people have said it is just meh...a leafy stumpy indica. Originally the 88GHP was just supposed to be given as freebies and never sold. NDN just wanted to get the genetics back out there.

A lot of ppl are going crazy for the name but I havent seen anything special about it.

A lot of speculation going on here. Everything I have grown from Hazeman has been legit and pure fire.

ambertrichome

Veteran
My buddy just got through running 8 females of the 88 G13 x HP.

While some are leafy, thee are also some that have Rock Hard, Huge Buds.

My buddy got 18oz from 1 plant x 1 x 1000w Hortilux HPS, and 20 galoons promix.

Its pure fire, and tastes like shunky hash. Killer shit.

There is variation, but there are keepers in there, and don't forget, many Indicas are leafy, but produce huge amounts of Trichs that translates into huge return for making hash. This 1 is no different. All of the phenos produced a lot of resin, just some are slow, and don't get big.

That's why they call it Pheno Hunting. But we found a real keeper.
It is prone to Powdery Mildew.

H.Stoner

nice to run across this info here. i've got the ndn guy
g13/hp x conquistador, Butter Scotch Hawaiian x G13 Hash Plant, and one bred to itself but don't have my list handy.

if they pop i'll pheno hunt for breeding males and keeper females to make more seeds. keep some pollen just in case because u never know. maybe fem a keeper mom too.

trying to resurrect (Ghash x BSH) x Conquistador now. 7 between coffee filters = my version of paper towels

Last edited: