What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aficionado Grows*** Black Lime and More...

west-eu

Looks tasty!!! Does it have much of a lime nose to it or just more generic citrus type smell? Ive been very interested in the BLR line

yep tasty ..... lime grass, cut grass, stronger smell in flo than diesel cuts i have definitively not generic

Looks great. This hit with headbanger should give you some nice plants.

thanks mate , yes it would be nice to have some sour fuel with the BL #3 ... will see :biggrin:

west-eu

Black lime #3 f3 from Beanz :respect: ... if u know u know
:good:
picture.php

midwestkid

Veteran
I'm currently growing the Black Lime Bubba from Katsu. The plant is super easy to deal with. Tons of vigor, clones super easy, etc.
Here's the thing... when I do a stem rub I get a very strong aroma I've never smelled on a plant before. It's not fuel and it's not lime. It smells like playdoh or silly putty or your grandpa's work bench or an old bolt bin. Just really bizarre? Has anyone came across this smell before?
I've read that woodman canyon oil can is in its lineage. I could associate the stem rub with oil. Any info would be helpful as I haven't found much about the woodman variety.
And maybe the flowers will smell nothing like the stem rub? Time will tell.
Has anyone encountered these smells with BLR?

gmanwho

Veteran
Ok so i was gifted these red hindu and black lime beanz from a fellow ic member. i have to formulate a breeding plan.

Im trying to absorb all i can here and other forums and or threads on beanz work. Its tough when the photos from beanz are gone and info is scattered. So im hoping some of you can chime in who may remember more then the obvious.

Or PM me if you do not wish to openly speak. We are all an asset here. What one retains towards this project could be invaluable.

With day to day chores, other work, and or expanding and building, time is always limited. So im trying to crowd source some info in hopes of having a solid plan by sept / october or so. Every seed pop will be done with the greatest care.

My tissue culture an or embryo rescue tech is beginner at best. But still worthy of mention. Far as im concerned, every seed counts and a paper towel method will not do.

If there's somewhere else i can learn more of these lines please share where i can go view. If you where in possession of these seeds what would your breeding strategy be moving forward? I'd like to share these back eventually. I'll prob put a similar post in the breeding forum.

full