What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread

ElGato

Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ograskal again.
that last pic always blows me away bro!!!!

here's some swerves pre 98 bubba at 5 1/2 weeks

2wd3hhj.jpg

Gato

G

ElGato said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ograskal again.
that last pic always blows me away bro!!!!

here's some swerves pre 98 bubba at 5 1/2 weeks

2wd3hhj.jpg

Gato

AMEN!!!!! That is the cut I adore so much!

BF

:rasta:

kathmandu

ograskal...
in regards to that "pine cone" shape of the flower clusters on your bubba, is that a characteristic that is associated with all katsu's or just due to you maximizing the plants own traits.
have you been hanging with barry bonds? i think they should be tested for performance enhancements. sorry but this may warrent confiscation...

G

kathmandu said:
ograskal...
in regards to that "pine cone" shape of the flower clusters on your bubba, is that a characteristic that is associated with all katsu's or just due to you maximizing the plants own traits.
have you been hanging with barry bonds? i think they should be tested for performance enhancements. sorry but this may warrent confiscation...

LMAO.................well, it will still be ten years before they convict OGR heheheheheheheh........nah, that's a characteristic of bubba my friend..............that's just how she grows!

Bf
:rasta:

G

Ahhh all the Bubba's ... I still have the Bubba from Mr.X/Swerve stashed back at a friends for better daze. She is a gem fer sure can't wait to taste her again. Soon :D

Ogr always making me drool.

Another rerun from Mo

Mo'z,

Last edited:

Scay Beez

Pre-98 bubba is coffee/hash just like everybody is describing it. It grows thicker braches than the katsu cut and yields less.

Katsu cut has a more complex flavor.. piney, catpiss vitamin-y, kush almost minty and hashy. More vigorous, slightly quicker cloning, and better yielding.

I can't decide which one I like better because they both taste so damn good!

- sbz

wick650

Inline6-
What are you talking about? You live in the Mid-West, how do you know whats going on here in the So Cal clubs (also BTW we're actually only really talking about two So Cal clubs NNCC & TLMD... )

SoulRebel

I love Katsu's Bubba, and the pre '98 cut as well!!! :jump: :headbange Both extremely nice cuts. Bling, muthaf**#%n bling!!! :jump: Much thanks the kind people who gifted me the cuts, and also those who released them to the general MMJ public... :wave:

... S R... :rasta:

masterlow37

Veteran
Now Thats What I'm Talkin About

Now Thats What I'm Talkin About

SoulRebel said:
I love Katsu's Bubba, and the pre '98 cut as well!!! :jump: :headbange Both extremely nice cuts. Bling, muthaf**#%n bling!!! :jump: Much thanks the kind people who gifted me the cuts, and also those who released them to the general MMJ public... :wave:

... S R... :rasta:
Compassionate Humans :canabis:

Wildfire

Scay Beez said:
Pre-98 bubba is coffee/hash just like everybody is describing it. It grows thicker braches than the katsu cut and yields less.

Katsu cut has a more complex flavor.. piney, catpiss vitamin-y, kush almost minty and hashy. More vigorous, slightly quicker cloning, and better yielding.

I can't decide which one I like better because they both taste so damn good!

- sbz

AGREED. though i dont know on the growing part, ive just smoked a bit of both. probably one of the tastier strains ive smoked. i like the bubbas MUCH more than the og's, maybe its the actual kush thing...

G

gratefuldawg

I've smoked 2 different Bubba's. One was said to be the Katsu cut, and was better in the high department..more motivational, social, creative, blahblahblah, and one was boring, somewhat anti-social, didn't really want to do shit but lounge around. They were grown by 2 different people, different states, both tasted like coffee, both flowered around the same time I'm pretty sure, one grown organic(katsu), and the other(boring one) was grown with GH grow,micro,bloom.

Has anyone noticed the Katsu cut to have a better buzz? I smoked over a quarter of each, so I got to know them pretty gud. Or could they be the same cut, and smoking organic is better then smoking GH?????? Hmmm...always wondered that.

KUSHEATER1

both are dank the katsu has a little more stretch will update as she blooms, I will say that without a filter don't grow it if smell is an issue

Dusty Bowls

why dont any of your plants look like the real bubba pictured here as grown by IGT years ago

73b61dz.jpg

nugs

showphoto.php

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
This is a manicured branch from an unknown source.....

done a few years back, i believe it is an S1 bubba so if this looks like yours perhaps we have more evidence here....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

ElGato

Veteran
ograskal said:
I love Bubba Kush....Here is the Katsu cut....

ogr's cut(katsu)..... looks like Nspecta's bubba to me

look at the color and also the way the leaves grow from the buds
very very similar if you ask me and we all know plants can change appearance from grow to grow

Gato

Last edited:

ograskal

Veteran
Well mine is the Katsu Kut.....I dont know which one that is that IGT grew but it looks real nice.....Looks alot more Leafy though..I think It could be the other Bubba that I also have but gave to my little homies to grow cuz i didnt like how leafy she was and she took up alot of space in my cabbies where the Katsu cut grows straight up which is perfect for my Cabbies.....The Smoke is about the same on both kuts....The Katsu Kut is All Dense, Frosty Nugz with a decent stretch..Even the lowest of the low buds are Dense and Frosty as Fukk.....The Bud structure will change on the Katsu cut when grown in different environments (Grower common sense!)......~ogr