What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Split from : The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

dociron

MynameStitch said:
thanks peeps will be updating this week have alot to update!
:wave:
Welcome back Stitch,, I'm glad you're here.
Indeed GP, "GURU" is a well deserved title.

I read about your trials and tribulations,
stay tough. :respect:

Thanx for this thread, the help it brings,
and thank you,
for the example you set for our community as a whole.
My hat is off to you, bald spot 'n all...;) "the iron guy" :joint:

Sleepy

Veteran
pH phrustration!

pH phrustration!

hi, water comes out of tap at 7.8-8.0...

after i correct to 6.5 with liquid pH down, the water doesn't stay at 6.5.

how many times do i need to correct the pH?

how long should i let the water 'rest' before i use it?

i have calibrated my meter, and checked runoff...when i water with 6.5pH water, the runoff is coming in at 6.1-6.4...

almost all plants show signs of pH out of whack!?!?

i am getting frustrated. i would have posted pix, but i'm embarrased at how they look.

help me fix my problems with pH, please!!

thank you.

guineapig

Veteran
sleepy......

when you correct with liquid pH down it is absolutely essential to stir the water in a circle quite rapidly, creating a kind of mini-whirlpool.....into that whirlpoor drop several drops of pH down and after you are sure that the whirlpool has diffused the drops into the entire solution, then is the time to test the solution with the pH pen.....

maybe there is a buildup of salts in the soil or something that would cause the runoff to be at those pH levels......but 6.3 is where you should be at i think.....

it looks like you have very "hard" water and this might be the source of your pH problems somehow.....i know some nutrient companies offer different nutrient formulations for "hard" and "soft" waters....-gp

Sleepy

Veteran
...hmmmm. interesting, gp.

does it really make a difference, though, as to when the pH adjuster is added to the water??

i usually add the pH down, shake it up, let it sit, then take a sample to read. (while hopping on one leg and turning counter clockwise!)..hehe j/k...

could it be the water softener?

if so, how does one correct this?

the water softener was installed over a year ago, yes we have very hard water without it...

thanks, guineapig. i will try the stirring technique.

G

I've found that the smaller the water the more likely it will drift. If I premix a one gallon jug of nutrients and ph it I often find that the next morning it as risen from say 6.0 to 6.2. This is in a closed jug and no air bubbles. However, if I mix a five gallon solution and ph it stays pretty stable.

With regard to your runoff; Sounds like if you may have salt buildup. EC Meters are priceless.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hey gp aww shucks!!!

im getting info and updating as much as i can im always adding info to this

i have not added much to this one but will this weekend
doc your words are always kind bro warms my heart on this chilly evening! <3

sleepy if your using a water softner stop now and get water that doesnt have that

water softner water should not be hard but the salt in the water is what causes many many problems
you should create a part that doesnt allow salt to get into the water
create a bypass and add a filter to that like pur or brita
or better yet get a RO system hooked up
i dont know if you can get one bypassed from the water sfotner with a RO system ill ask my boyfriend about that that stuff is up his alley hes a handyman and builds homes and unstalls outlets and all kinds of shit hes got a gift from god itell you...

i wrote an article over at og about water softner water yoiu should give it a read
http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=532747

sleepy are you growing in hydro or soil?
soil ph is more important than water ph
water ph doesnt make the final overall ph its the soil..... adjusting ph in water only makes the ph different for the time being around a few hours then it tappers off back to the normal ph range your soil is....

now hydro is adifferent story

Last edited:
G

hey great thread.. a lot of good information easily layed out... couldnt ask for anything better

thx again

cheese

Brownpants

Hey Stitch :wave:

Just wanted to say thanks for doing the Sick plant guide. I find it invaluable when diagnosing problems.

I will check my pictures and see if there is anything that can help.

Much Appreciated!
Cheers

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
np brownpants!! im glad you like it :)
i love your avatar i about spit my soda into the screen seeing that when i laughed so hard seeing it lol lol lol ROFL!!!

thanks let me know if you have any you can post them here if you like :)
or anyone else for the matter

thebone

I believe my practice bagseed plant has a Boron deficiency. Edges of leaves are curling up and all new growth looks really dry almost burned?? also only the top of the plant are doing this. The strange thing is , the problem didn't start until I started Using ro water a couple days ago. Could the ph be that bad in the RO water I bought?? Getting test strips ASAP tommorrow.

Last edited:

Brownpants

some problem pics:

PH problems with this one

I think this was potassium deficient.

Hope these help, if not no worries.

Bonzo

Veteran
Hi Stitch, this NL X BB went purple on me late in flower, its 2 sisters did not. Go figure. These were grown indoors under constant temps. Hope this helps, great thread.

peace

boNZ

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
hey thanks for your help everyone :wave:

the bone can you post those by any chance so i can see them?

Hey brown pants the first 2 pics are potassium def the first one you showed is a cured potassium deficiency that was fixed but the browness is dead leaves that didnt heal cause they dont so they look weird after a deficiency is fixed

th 2nd picture is kinda the same if it was taken slightly lower the ones in the background show a really good picture of it because i need one just like that that doesnt show yellowing because not always does a potassium deficiency yellow

Hey bonzo thats a beautiful picture, do you have the picture of the whole plant?

thebone

MynameStitch said:
hey thanks for your help everyone :wave:

the bone can you post those by any chance so i can see them?

I will post one or 2 before I go too bed, I bought test strips tho and my ph is around 8.8 :nono:

I have some aquarium ph tablets laying around, are these safe to put in the water or no??

thebone

thebone said:
I will post one or 2 before I go too bed, I bought test strips tho and my ph is around 8.8 :nono:

I have some aquarium ph tablets laying around, are these safe to put in the water or no??
Scratch that I am an idiot, ph in ro water is around 6.2